Installed Cobb Stage II and BY-Design Intercoolers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 01:33 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E-Gear
Wow, I just read this entire thread post by post and it is very obvious to me who are the vendor cronies, wannabees and who are the real racers.

When it comes to racing, there is never 100% full disclosure transparency, but man, some folks in here sure like to bash one party over the head to simply push the best interest for their preferred vendor.

I applaud you Mr. White991TT for simply sticking to it and letting your driving, car and times do the talking. Remember, there will always be doubters out there. Typically because it is not them doing it.

Times like these is the reason why I race for money - I like shutting ****'s down and taking their money. Granted, my DD 997.2 TTS was decently quick (10.26's); will soon start to work on my 2016 TTS. In the meantime, my 9.08@153 C6Z06 will fill the gap. I can drive that car to and from the track and I love it when cocky P-car owners challenge me (track or street)...the looks on their faces after the beat down is priceless; even more so after I share pics of cars or key/fobs of my 997.2/991 both TTS letting them know I am not one brand man. I like ALL brands!!!

Point is, everyone can go fast with careful planning and execution - NOT ONE tuner has all the answers or the only answer...please give folks their props and move on vs. bashing any time of accomplishments...street/track/or dyno. All of these vendor vs. vendor crap is silly - and it comes mainly from the cronies non driving *****.

There, I spoke my peace. Flame suit is on.

Thanks,
E-Gear
Thanks E-Gear you truly are my kind of guy. A winner able to read between the BS.

We set out on a mission to take my "Runt" 991 TT and massage her into what she became.... a lethal assult weapon and multi event champion confusing all those whom dribbled feces the most.

All Rise! This is a toast to you and any and all winners like you! Lets make them never forget what passion, hard work and ingenuity begets.

Please feel free to post in the "Winners Circle" a tribute to any and all winners!

Old 03-05-2016, 02:13 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Agreed 100% E-Gear

Old 03-06-2016, 12:22 AM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
I'm looking forward to joining you guys, but in a slightly different format. I tend to lean more towards drag racing vs. half mile events, but I respect ALL forms of racing.

I told myself that I wasn't going to mess with this car much, but the DNA in me won't let me drive a stock unmolested car. LOL

If I get called out by the doubters/cronies and they happen to reside in the same city, I will come and race/meet them at the track and race for money...that is how I roll...race what-you-brung; let's go! No forum key stroke BS.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 03-06-2016, 07:30 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Hey Egear, I have had a number of C6s for lunch at the strip. In my experience even the modded ones only run low 11's so what have you done to yours? BTW, I never challenge at the drag strip, I get challenged. I am low profile but once my car cuts a 10.6 @135 the fast cars seem to want to try to beat me. I am also far from the fastest Porsche here.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:03 PM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wrs
Hey Egear, I have had a number of C6s for lunch at the strip. In my experience even the modded ones only run low 11's so what have you done to yours? BTW, I never challenge at the drag strip, I get challenged. I am low profile but once my car cuts a 10.6 @135 the fast cars seem to want to try to beat me. I am also far from the fastest Porsche here.
Hi Mr. WRS,

FYI, C6 base are different than C6Z. A well driven C6Z with DR's, bolt-ons and a street cam can run 10.6's to 10.40's all day long! So be careful who you mess with, or who messes with you.

My Z is loaded with goodies such as a built bottom end, race prepped LS7 Heads, race cam, 2" headers/custom exhaust, 14.1CR, E85, NOS and so on. ALL tuning done by myself with HP Tuners software. Performed most mods install myself as well.

Your 10.6 is not slow, but with more practice I'm sure you can go quicker.

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 03-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
I'm looking forward to joining you guys, but in a slightly different format. I tend to lean more towards drag racing vs. half mile events, but I respect ALL forms of racing.

I told myself that I wasn't going to mess with this car much, but the DNA in me won't let me drive a stock unmolested car. LOL

If I get called out by the doubters/cronies and they happen to reside in the same city, I will come and race/meet them at the track and race for money...that is how I roll...race what-you-brung; let's go! No forum key stroke BS.

Thanks,
E-Gear
maybe you can both the pcar and the vette to french lick In. in oct for the wannagofast half mile. i always like to pounce on a few cars before i go full on boggie! 500$ a pass? dig no roll racing hook it or break it!

Old 03-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
maybe you can both the pcar and the vette to french lick In. in oct for the wannagofast half mile. i always like to pounce on a few cars before i go full on boggie! 500$ a pass? dig no roll racing hook it or break it!
Really bro, are you serious???

If so, I'll run for $500 a pass - now you're talking my language. I'll run you with my Vette; the P-car is too slow for my taste right now. And frankly, they are a bit finicky compared to the C6Z. Oh yeah, I'll run the 1/2 mile race, then we can run the 1/4 mile race.

Where are you located?

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 03-07-2016, 04:30 AM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
Really bro, are you serious???

If so, I'll run for $500 a pass - now you're talking my language. I'll run you with my Vette; the P-car is too slow for my taste right now. And frankly, they are a bit finicky compared to the C6Z. Oh yeah, I'll run the 1/2 mile race, then we can run the 1/4 mile race.

Where are you located?

Thanks,
E-Gear
Buncha swingin' dicks around here.

- Patrick

Old 03-07-2016, 04:56 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Really bro, are you serious??? If so, I'll run for $500 a pass - now you're talking my language. I'll run you with my Vette; the P-car is too slow for my taste right now. And frankly, they are a bit finicky compared to the C6Z. Oh yeah, I'll run the 1/2 mile race, then we can run the 1/4 mile race. Where are you located? Thanks, E-Gear
I'm outside of nashville tn. Ill be at the wannagofast event in may sept and oct. testing the new build in may bustin up the competition in Sept and oct. most weekends spent at beech bend raceway in ky.

Ask sam by design if im serious!

Old 03-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Super LOL!
Yes on the swinging dicks and yes he's serious! Little bit of everything here which is fun. I used to road course race a lot and even though I liked dragracing I was always wondering why guys would take a Porsche and turn it into a drag car. It was few and far between then. Now we see it much more sort of as A challenge and fun but also it's a good unit of measure for eight packages performance in that one arena. It's highly traction dependent but a good yardstick especially with mile-per-hour. These cars are so solid and so capable they can really do anything! Good times!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 03-07-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:59 AM
verinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Super LOL!
Yes on the swinging dicks and yes he's serious! Little bit of everything here which is fun. I used to road course race a lot and even though I liked dragracing I was always wondering why guys would take a Porsche and turn it into a drag car...
Sam, what would you do differently if you were tuning a car for road course HPDE vs drag racing? Strictly talking tune + bolt ons, and not suspension, etc.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
That's a good question. All of our packages with proper hardware are released as a Swiss Army knife. They will take on anything you present them and perform safe/strong. However, all of these different types of performance tasks put different demands and limitations on the car when wanting to keep things safe. So for those who want to have that extra fun and versatility we take full advantage of the Cobb access port by providing/customizing different maps. This can mean the difference between demand on the car, fuel you would like to use, climate, hardware changes, altitude and so on. Sometimes it's simply pushing the envelope! We have done so much testing in the real world and around the world on so many cars that we can confidently set you up for whatever you want. And you can have a great time doing it! It's all just a data log and an email away!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 03-07-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:42 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by verinnal
Sam, what would you do differently if you were tuning a car for road course HPDE vs drag racing? Strictly talking tune + bolt ons, and not suspension, etc.
I do both dragstrip and HPDE with mine and I stopped at Stage 3. I think my last time out at COTA I could clearly see the gains. I was hitting 140 on the grandstand stretch and braking early. I hit 159 on the backstretch and braked early every time. I didn't want to melt my brakes but I think the car could definitely be faster than 160 on the back straight at COTA if I let it. Previously it hit about 155 on the back stretch and 132 on the grandstand stretch. The IC's really helped. Before my car was sort of Stage 2 but using the FVD piggyback, headers, IPD plenum and FVD performance exhaust. When I went with ByDesign, I got the ICs and the IPD Y-pipe as well as a custom tune collaborated on by Sam and Jon at Cobb. I am not sure you would want to do stage 4 for road racing as the car might be too powerful for the traction available. I now have more of the back end letting loose when I get on it out of corners than I did before. In addition, the car carries so much more speed into corners that it's tricky keeping the acceleration right in corners without overdoing it even on Stage 3. I had several cases were I lost grip in corners because I entered too fast and let off which you cannot do with this car, you have to keep the acceleration going. So the extra power even with Stage 3 is making me change my driving habits on the road course and it's definitely changing my timing on the lights at the dragstrip.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you for that detailed review William. I mean, Mr. data. I learned more about the recovery from our intercoolers with your logs than my own LOL! You put the system through its paces and for having catalytic converter's your car is a super happy camper!
Good times and good problems to have

Old 03-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wrs
I do both dragstrip and HPDE with mine and I stopped at Stage 3. I think my last time out at COTA I could clearly see the gains. I was hitting 140 on the grandstand stretch and braking early. I hit 159 on the backstretch and braked early every time. I didn't want to melt my brakes but I think the car could definitely be faster than 160 on the back straight at COTA if I let it. Previously it hit about 155 on the back stretch and 132 on the grandstand stretch. The IC's really helped. Before my car was sort of Stage 2 but using the FVD piggyback, headers, IPD plenum and FVD performance exhaust. When I went with ByDesign, I got the ICs and the IPD Y-pipe as well as a custom tune collaborated on by Sam and Jon at Cobb. I am not sure you would want to do stage 4 for road racing as the car might be too powerful for the traction available. I now have more of the back end letting loose when I get on it out of corners than I did before. In addition, the car carries so much more speed into corners that it's tricky keeping the acceleration right in corners without overdoing it even on Stage 3. I had several cases were I lost grip in corners because I entered too fast and let off which you cannot do with this car, you have to keep the acceleration going. So the extra power even with Stage 3 is making me change my driving habits on the road course and it's definitely changing my timing on the lights at the dragstrip.

William,

Glad you are having fun modifying the car.

Those are very interesting results, thanks for posting them.

159 back straight cobb Custom Level 3 tune & Sams intercoolers.
140 grand stand cobb Custom Level 3 tune & Sams intercoolers.

vs.

155 back straight FVD Sort of Stage 2, same hardware without intercoolers.
132 grand stand FVD Sort of Stage 2, same hardware without intercoolers.

Sorry if I missed the info but what were the final lap times with the FVD Sort of Stage 2 vs. the Cobb custom level 3?

I would be really curious to see if we can make more power for you now, (all things being equal with the new intercoolers) with our newest flash load tool. We have a 30 day money back guarantee. Great Sale on now, Interested?

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed Cobb Stage II and BY-Design Intercoolers