Slipstream's Oct 17th East Coast Call Out Roll Races -- Who is Coming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 01:19 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Rob is a better man than me. If someone posted a video and said they "crushed" my car when it clearly had an issue, once I got it sorted I would hire a production crew and a helicopter to video me spanking his car in a race from every possible angle.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:23 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
For the record and put nicely, I think that posting a "Crushing" against a car suffering from a major leak while knowing about it is not too appropriate or legit. No matter who posted it and if they stated there was leak later. It was clearly known about. Everyone can be their own judge.
You guys put it out there like that to race. Not me.

The race happened and those were the results. The ByDesign intercoolers apparently did not function properly either. That's not my fault.

The car's owner is an awesome guy. I hope and expect that this time around he will be getting what he paid for - a monster 991 TTS that is going to dominate against the GIAC modded cars like mine. JohnMorgan with his Cobb Stage 2 certainly got what he paid for -- his lightly modded car is a terror that can run neck and neck with my heavily modified one.

I look forward to the rematch on Sat at Slipstream's roll races. If that Stage 3 car performs even closely to its Dyno results it is going to annihilate mine and I will be staring at its taillights by race end. And I am certain there will be some great videos of that.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:27 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Rob is a better man than me. If someone posted a video and said they "crushed" my car when it clearly had an issue, once I got it sorted I would hire a production crew and a helicopter to video me spanking his car in a race from every possible angle.
LOL. I'm sure there will be plenty of videos from slipstream showing his car crushing mine. As I said I'm coming with exactly the same modifications and tune as I did at Atco. I know his car is getting all sorts of prep and tracking time to get ready.

Mine is sitting all by its lonesome in it's driveway waiting for me to take her out to Poconos for what is likely to be a big defeat. But that's OK. RobRob is awesome and it will be fun to see the state of mods advancing with these cars. If the ByDesign and Cobb team have indeed produced a car that is much faster than its GIAC/Champion competitor they will reap the rewards in more sales.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
At least true colors are out. Better than circle jerking! If no slack is to be cut then it's out now. I take FULL responsibility for Rob's car not being ready after a rush. I learned something from it. I don't like arguing but have decided to call things out the way I see them. If value is brought into question then everyone can be their own judge yes. I just am waiting to hear the statements after a proper race. Gentlemanly or otherwise.

I have noticed you mention that you expect to see tail lights about 5-6 times. We get it. Hopefully afterwords we can all be gents about it? No more of the same same same?

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 10-14-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:49 PM
At least true colors are out. Better than circle jerking! If no slack is to be cut then it's out now. I take FULL responsibility for Rob's car not being ready after a rush. I learned something from it. I don't like arguing but have decided to call things out the way I see them. But I still will not post "crushings" like that even when pure. If value is brought into question then everyone can be their own judge yes. I just am waiting to hear the statements after a proper race. Gentlemanly or otherwise.

I have noticed you mention that you expect to see tail lights about 5-6 times. We get it. Hopefully afterwords we can all be gents about it? No more of the same same same?
Rob and I have worked it out so that things are pretty even.

We are both going to be running race gas. We're both going to carry passengers as I have a disabled son who I can't put on the stands to watch. He is running stickier tires than mine (Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s vs Michelin Pilot Super Sports) but it won't matter from a 60 mph roll so that's not a factor. So it will be an even race.

So far since I've gotten my GIAC stage 2+ mods (tune, Champion ICs and Tubi catless race exhaust) my car has ran flawlessly mechanically and I've had zero issues at all. So I don't expect any at slipstream.

If the Dyno doesn't lie Rob is going to win which is OK. There's no way a car with 100 less foot pounds of torque is going to beat the other car. I expect plenty of great videos from multiple angles to be posted as it sounds like your team will be there in force. I will post them too as soon as I get an opportunity to look through whatever gopro video I have and do it.

I'm glad to see you and the RSW team have gotten his car running right as a drum. He deserves that. Great owner and beautiful car to boot.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
So the results will be respected? Sounds great!
Have a blast and cherish the Father son time!

Old 10-13-2015, 02:13 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdg1871
LOL. I'm sure there will be plenty of videos from slipstream showing his car crushing mine. As I said I'm coming with exactly the same modifications and tune as I did at Atco. I know his car is getting all sorts of prep and tracking time to get ready.

Mine is sitting all by its lonesome in it's driveway waiting for me to take her out to Poconos for what is likely to be a big defeat. But that's OK. RobRob is awesome and it will be fun to see the state of mods advancing with these cars. If the ByDesign and Cobb team have indeed produced a car that is much faster than its GIAC/Champion competitor they will reap the rewards in more sales.

In fairness, you did ship your car to your tuner for over a week and then run the new setup 20+ times at a track rental. Not that anything is wrong with that but if we are comparing, I would consider that "all sorts of prep" as well, if not more.
I would imagine the "prep and track time" you are referring to would involve shaking Rob's car down to make sure it runs well. I think it would be silly for anyone not to do that with a new setup honestly. I'm certain once car is dialed in it will also be gas and go for future events. Not sure if you meant it that way, but seemed like a dig the way I read it.

I wish both of you luck at the event. Represent p-cars well boys. Should be an awesome day.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor
That is why I previously became sensitive to call outs. We rushed to get that car out there and were hoping that a shake down would be 100% the first time out. It actually was installed perfectly. For the record I forgot to seal the end fittings while rushing to make it to UPS. 4 sizable boost leaks and 2 small ones caused low boost and high IAT's. Thank you logs.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:22 PM
I think it's really great you are doing something you are so passionate with your son like that by the way. Caught that part earlier. Having sons of my own, I know the feeling bro.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor
100%!

Old 10-13-2015, 02:37 PM
So the results will be respected? Sounds great!
Have a blast and cherish the Father son time!
Of course. I said that JohnMorgan's car with almost no mods was just about as fast as mine (which has tons of mods) at Atco.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:37 PM
That is why I previously became sensitive to call outs. We rushed to get that car out there and were hoping that a shake down would be 100% the first time out. It actually was installed perfectly. For the record I forgot to seal the end fittings while rushing to make it to UPS. 4 sizable boost leaks and 2 small ones caused low boost and high IAT's. Thank you logs.
Well if it did 12s with big boost leaks I can't wait to see how fast it goes with none

Old 10-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
I wish I could send up our big turbo'ed car to mop up the floor with all of you guys LOL

Old 10-13-2015, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by ecpChris
In fairness, you did ship your car to your tuner for over a week and then run the new setup 20+ times at a track rental. Not that anything is wrong with that but if we are comparing, I would consider that "all sorts of prep" as well, if not more.
I would imagine the "prep and track time" you are referring to would involve shaking Rob's car down to make sure it runs well. I think it would be silly for anyone not to do that with a new setup honestly. I'm certain once car is dialed in it will also be gas and go for future events. Not sure if you meant it that way, but seemed like a dig the way I read it.

I wish both of you luck at the event. Represent p-cars well boys. Should be an awesome day.
No dig. With prep Rob's car should be battle ready and shaken down and ready to rock. Mine is ready which is why she is sunning herself in my driveway LOL

Old 10-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
I wish I could send up our big turbo'ed car to mop up the floor with all of you guys LOL
I thought she is still in development/dynoing phase. Is she almost ready to hit the streets?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slipstream's Oct 17th East Coast Call Out Roll Races -- Who is Coming