GIAC tuning on 991TS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Just to clarify, cobb fix the TB thing with the updates of OTS back on december, also my ByDesign upgrade turbos put around 90whp (racegas) and with the 93 map I gain 5mph trap speed on the 1/4 mile (vbox). So IMHO the upgrades worth the money
Webcar,
what did your car run in the 1/4 mile. FYI I might have to make a little vacation around the time of your 1/2 mile event. Do you have 1 or 2 a year and what are the dates?

Old 01-22-2016, 04:16 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Hey what's up... I made 10.3@138 with 93oct map (1.7 60ft)

I have two a year (April 10 & October 23) if you want to go pm me I can gift you tickets

Old 01-22-2016, 04:21 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Hey what's up... I made 10.3@138 with 93oct map (1.7 60ft)

I have two a year (April 10 & October 23) if you want to go pm me I can gift you tickets
Cool thank you, Thats a great time and really fast mph. April is out but I might be able to make the October event.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:25 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Ok cool, I will post exact date for october soon here in the forum... To soon to certified

Old 01-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Just FYI, I don't know how comfortable the tuners and owners will be pushing much further than the level we are at now with stage 4. The compressor covers will allow for more and we're going to have customers that want that with supplemental fueling of some kind. But I think for many between 750 and 800 crank horsepower (where stage 4 is now) is going to be as far as many would want to go. Not to mention retaining the factory look.

The Cobb tunes have always pulled very smooth. The item revised was an aggressive boost response. Hence the name of the new maps. Now customers have several they can choose from and cop was quick to respond to the feedback on this.

I am fairly positive both tuners will support customer satisfaction and as many said do a nice job.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 01-22-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:56 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Bigger housing will be great, but there's a little thing call fuel that will pop in front of all the tuners that are working on that "holy grail"
There will shortly be a solution for that as well

Old 01-23-2016, 08:58 AM
cobbcounty is a jewel in the roughcobbcounty is a jewel in the roughcobbcounty is a jewel in the rough
Giac/awe intercoolers

I only have 1400 miles on my tts. I've had the car 6 months so obviously don't drive it much. This is my 3rd turbo. At 600 miles installed the Giac stage 2. On previous cars, I went through many exhaust, miltex, fab speed, car graphics, before trying europipe. Europipe is the best performing best manufactured and best sounding exhaust for a turbo. So I have installed that on my current car. The performance was acceptable but not overwhelming like my 997 was after similar upgrades. I think some of the issues is with the heat soaking issue associated with the 991.
Last week I installed AWE's intercoolers and with it the giac stage 2+ program was installed. This setup is said to produce +138 additional hp. This really woke up this car. Tremendously fast. Breaks loose a good bit through 2nd gear and when shifting to 3rd. I also have very light hre wheels. I had a 996 that was dyno'd at 780 whp and this thing feels faster (not the sudden thrust but the pull is quite impressive.
Seems the intercoolers are the magic ingredient.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:33 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cobbcounty
I only have 1400 miles on my tts. I've had the car 6 months so obviously don't drive it much. This is my 3rd turbo. At 600 miles installed the Giac stage 2. On previous cars, I went through many exhaust, miltex, fab speed, car graphics, before trying europipe. Europipe is the best performing best manufactured and best sounding exhaust for a turbo. So I have installed that on my current car. The performance was acceptable but not overwhelming like my 997 was after similar upgrades. I think some of the issues is with the heat soaking issue associated with the 991.
Last week I installed AWE's intercoolers and with it the giac stage 2+ program was installed. This setup is said to produce +138 additional hp. This really woke up this car. Tremendously fast. Breaks loose a good bit through 2nd gear and when shifting to 3rd. I also have very light hre wheels. I had a 996 that was dyno'd at 780 whp and this thing feels faster (not the sudden thrust but the pull is quite impressive.
Seems the intercoolers are the magic ingredient.
Agree ICs are huge

Old 01-23-2016, 01:19 PM
milaadf is on a distinguished road
I am in the market for a tune and will be getting the Cobb in the next couple months. I too did a lot of research and had the pleasure of speaking with Sambott at length about everything.

For me there is one tie breaker which is with Cobb, you can install and remove all you like by yourself. I think a company whom invests this much in hardware to allow this ease of use is what I value. However, with that said, i think it would be the same result at the end of the day.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:58 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cobbcounty
Europipe is the best performing best manufactured and best sounding exhaust for a turbo.
I would love to see the "best performance" numbers and the "best manufactured" claims you state. Any facts or places to go read up on that? I am very interested. I like having the best. Of course sound is subjective so no real data for that.

Old 01-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
I would love to see the "best performance" numbers and the "best manufactured" claims you state. Any facts or places to go read up on that? I am very interested. I like having the best. Of course sound is subjective so no real data for that.
Talk to Porsche mechanics. Ask them what they think about EP

they will tell you how good it is.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:33 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Talk to Porsche mechanics. Ask them what they think about EP

they will tell you how good it is.
Kind of what I thought. No facts. Just personal preference. Yes they are good along with about 5+ others. My SM that runs one of the largest Porsche service depts. in the country didn't feel the same about the above claim. Certainly good, not best performance and not best manufactured. Maybe the OP didn't exactly mean to use the word best. He by the way did not have a best. He offered plenty of top products all good based on personal preference.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
Kind of what I thought. No facts. Just personal preference. Yes they are good along with about 5+ others. My SM that runs one of the largest Porsche service depts. in the country didn't feel the same about the above claim. Certainly good, not best performance and not best manufactured. Maybe the OP didn't exactly mean to use the word best. He by the way did not have a best. He offered plenty of top products all good based on personal preference.
Unfortunately we don't have a consumer reports for our mods. When you take an EP out of the box you will see it is beautifully made and assembled. Never heard a bad word about it from any EP owner here.

Not all my mods turned out great. Ditched the plenum. And has to refinish my $10k ADV1 wheels after less than a year of service arising from spotting and the clear coat being applied or made like crap. Stay away! Should have went HRE. Hopefully now that they are refinished by one of the top guys in the New York area they will continue to look like new for many years. They sure are beautiful to me and people stare at them at car events more than my car itself LOL

Old 01-24-2016, 08:34 AM
PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !PMNewton Is a GOD !
That sucks. I had a $10k set of DPE forged three piece wheels on my boxster. The matte black finish was ruined after three washes. I was furious. I eventually got $3,500 for the wheels and tires a year later.

- Patrick

Old 01-24-2016, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Unfortunately we don't have a consumer reports for our mods. When you take an EP out of the box you will see it is beautifully made and assembled. Never heard a bad word about it from any EP owner here.

Not all my mods turned out great. Ditched the plenum. And has to refinish my $10k ADV1 wheels after less than a year of service arising from spotting and the clear coat being applied or made like crap. Stay away! Should have went HRE. Hopefully now that they are refinished by one of the top guys in the New York area they will continue to look like new for many years. They sure are beautiful to me and people stare at them at car events more than my car itself LOL
I ripped ADV1 on a post and just got crucified. I have heard nothing but bad things for years with these wheels and not on forums, friends experiences. Plenty came on and said I was crazy. They try to be high end with their pricing but they just aren't HRE or BBS quality.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC tuning on 991TS?