Atco - Ran a 10.275 @135.21 in my 570S!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Jeezus! Definitely having me look at the 570S in a new light! VERY impressive!

Old 04-25-2016, 07:12 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by enzom
I'm in Bergen County. Know of any dyno shops close by?
I don't know of anyone up here, but we could take a cruise down to AIM Performance in S. Plainfield (check out the RWB build while theret)

Old 04-25-2016, 07:55 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Wait a second a 3100 570hp car did a 10.275. That is wet weight with no driver as well.

Math says it should be 10.7 or worst. You would need damn near 660 to the crank and literately the most perfect driving to do that. Even with 3300lbs + 200lb driver and almost 710hp to the wheels I cannot do that in my car, I am like 10.76 with a solid 60 foot.

Those things are seriously underrated.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:05 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
Wait a second a 3100 570hp car did a 10.275. That is wet weight with no driver as well.

Math says it should be 10.7 or worst. You would need damn near 660 to the crank and literately the most perfect driving to do that. Even with 3300lbs + 200lb driver and almost 710hp to the wheels I cannot do that in my car, I am like 10.76 with a solid 60 foot.

Those things are seriously underrated.
Conspiracy Theory A: Some how his build got through the factory with the 650s tune

More Likely Reason: The 570hp rating is in the worst of conditions (high heat, humidity and altitude). Pretty common on OEM turbo performance cars these days

Old 04-25-2016, 08:13 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
DSCOFF I agree but 100hp over what the stock rating is. Did they not certify the 570s motor and just stick the damn 650s tuning in the the thing. I have seen some dyno numbers on the 570s putting almost 600 to the wheel with an alleged tune. Even my last blown Cobra with drag slicks and darn near 800 to the wheel could barely do a time like this. Thing must have astonishing traction, and I mean mind altering traction. The rear tires are only what 285/295?

Seriously would love to square off against one at some point and honestly it is on my short list if the reliability is there in the next couple years. Short answer would love to get some seat time in one. Wish there was a local dealer.

Last edited by WearyMicrobe; 04-25-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:14 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Conspiracy Theory A: Some how his build got through the factory with the 650s tune

More Likely Reason: The 570hp rating is in the worst of conditions (high heat, humidity and altitude). Pretty common on OEM turbo performance cars these days
Look at the prior page and the link from fancy pants. Dyno testing showed the 650s has only 15 wheel horsepower more than the 570s.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Look at the prior page and the link from fancy pants. Dyno testing showed the 650s has only 15 wheel horsepower more than the 570s.
Missed that, I have no explanation then. Atco anomaly perhaps

Old 04-25-2016, 09:51 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Missed that, I have no explanation then. Atco anomaly perhaps
I will take it to Englishtown one of these days and try there. I will weigh it too. Would love to say it's gearing, but it will do over 200 mph, so that isn't it. Aerodynamics, maybe? I don't really know. I surprised myself.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:35 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by enzom
I will take it to Englishtown one of these days and try there. I will weigh it too. Would love to say it's gearing, but it will do over 200 mph, so that isn't it. Aerodynamics, maybe? I don't really know. I surprised myself.
E Town is not as fast as Atco

Old 04-26-2016, 04:43 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sdg1871
E Town is not as fast as Atco
My private rentals are always at Atco, and the track prep is great. Much, much better than a regular test and tune night at E-town. It has been years since I used to bring my E55 to Atco and E-town. I found E-town to be slower, but mostly due to the lower 60' time (1.71-3vs 1.83-7). Mph was maybe 1 to 2 mph lower on my best runs. But I had 40 to 50 x as many runs at Atco than Englishtown. There used to be a theory that the air was more oxygenated at Atco because the strip is surrounded by tall trees. I never bothered to check the scientific accuracy of that. I'm just glad I have three strips to choose from within 2 hours of my house.

(Third strip is Island Dragway, btw)

Last edited by enzom; 04-26-2016 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:18 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
May 6th! ATCO... just saying guys! hope to see you all there!

Old 04-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
For reference, a stock Z06 automatic did a 10.413 @ 134.27mph at MIR. It might be a stock record. A heavier car for sure. Cold weather, aggressive gearing and quick shifts works wonders.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:08 PM
Found a mustang dyno here in Clifton also, had no idea this shop was right in my backyard

Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
That is really interesting. I have a similar slip in mph but not times and that is what is really strange to me. This was the last time I was out drag racing and it was a Friday night before I went to COTA so I had a car weekend. My last run of the night was against a GTR that had been built. He had about 650 whp according to the owner but he could not launch worth a damn and so I beat him. Look at his ET though compared to mine and then look at the speeds. What is so strange is that I have raced a GTR with about 750 whp and got smoked even though I got off faster. We were definitely racing because we asked them to line us up and other people wanted to see the race. As you can see, I won because of a better reaction time even though his ET was .4s lower.

What is interesting to me is that I ran 108.2 mph to 1/8 and you got 108.4 mph but my 60ft was 1.88 and yours was 1.67 and the GTR was 1.62 so there is .21s right off the bat for your car. Your 330 ft is 4.44, mine is 4.7 and the GTR is 4.42 so now you are .1s faster than me in ET allowing for 60ft difference. Then at 1/8 our speeds are really close but it took me 7.11s to get there, you took 6.66 seconds and the GTR took 6.76 and he is only going 105.3. It took me 3.71s to run the second half the course and it took you only 3.61s but I ended up at 135.8 mph while you were at 135.2 and the GTR is only at 131.7 while it took him 3.73s.

I have to think the difference is shift points and also I think my car loses traction at the shift points based on the data I see from my AP and also from the Vbox to a degree. My car shifts three times in 1/4m 1-2 is at 38 and I lose a lot of traction at about 20-30mph even with launch control. Then it shifts from 2-3 around 70mph then at 103-104 it shifts to 4th and stays there for the rest of the 1/4. My car has about 575whp so it's definitely stronger than yours which is rated 570bph but the GTR which was the strongest is the slowest trap speed which seems odd. He may have had some kind of problem because the other GTR was running about 143mph. Anyway, I really don't get the relationships between hp and ETs and trap speeds. The conditions were actually not bad that evening, it was about 50 degrees by the time we ran. The temperature was dropping throughout the evening.

Just curious, any reason your RT is so high?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gtrwinslip.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	446794  
Old 04-27-2016, 02:14 PM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wrs
That is really interesting. I have a similar slip in mph but not times and that is what is really strange to me. This was the last time I was out drag racing and it was a Friday night before I went to COTA so I had a car weekend. My last run of the night was against a GTR that had been built. He had about 650 whp according to the owner but he could not launch worth a damn and so I beat him. Look at his ET though compared to mine and then look at the speeds. What is so strange is that I have raced a GTR with about 750 whp and got smoked even though I got off faster. We were definitely racing because we asked them to line us up and other people wanted to see the race. As you can see, I won because of a better reaction time even though his ET was .4s lower.

What is interesting to me is that I ran 108.2 mph to 1/8 and you got 108.4 mph but my 60ft was 1.88 and yours was 1.67 and the GTR was 1.62 so there is .21s right off the bat for your car. Your 330 ft is 4.44, mine is 4.7 and the GTR is 4.42 so now you are .1s faster than me in ET allowing for 60ft difference. Then at 1/8 our speeds are really close but it took me 7.11s to get there, you took 6.66 seconds and the GTR took 6.76 and he is only going 105.3. It took me 3.71s to run the second half the course and it took you only 3.61s but I ended up at 135.8 mph while you were at 135.2 and the GTR is only at 131.7 while it took him 3.73s.

I have to think the difference is shift points and also I think my car loses traction at the shift points based on the data I see from my AP and also from the Vbox to a degree. My car shifts three times in 1/4m 1-2 is at 38 and I lose a lot of traction at about 20-30mph even with launch control. Then it shifts from 2-3 around 70mph then at 103-104 it shifts to 4th and stays there for the rest of the 1/4. My car has about 575whp so it's definitely stronger than yours which is rated 570bph but the GTR which was the strongest is the slowest trap speed which seems odd. He may have had some kind of problem because the other GTR was running about 143mph. Anyway, I really don't get the relationships between hp and ETs and trap speeds. The conditions were actually not bad that evening, it was about 50 degrees by the time we ran. The temperature was dropping throughout the evening.

Just curious, any reason your RT is so high?

If not racing for trophies or money or pride, RT means squat! It only shows how quickly you react to the Christmas tree.

Outcome differences are impacted by various variables: weight / gearing / traction / aerodynamics / HP &TQ / and most importantly - DRIVING!!!

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atco - Ran a 10.275 @135.21 in my 570S!!