747whp Beast 991TTS By Design Stage 4 Competition Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 04:07 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey, the way we have it set up we pick up 40 to the wheels just turning it on. The 681 map went to 720. But we also made a map that pushes a tiny bit for the methanol hence the 747. Got Close to 680 but we were not comfortable there neither was the PDK. The way we have it even on the 747 map if the methanol runs out the car will get a little pissy but it will be OK. Maybe after the trans we can explore more.
Cool thx Sam. Not sure I want to do meth on this car but those results are outstanding.

I hear you on the PDK - I had issues with it on the 997.2 when the power was turned up with the fuel system changes. The 991 is clearly a better overall unit and can take a lot more power. Had to turn down the power on the .2 to make it happy again. Gonna just track it so I didn't need all that power anyway.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:10 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
I am amazed that the 991 motor is holding this much power without a build. Perhaps stronger than the metzger 997.1?

Old 09-20-2016, 05:53 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pdxm5
I am amazed that the 991 motor is holding this much power without a build. Perhaps stronger than the metzger 997.1?
Lol...ya think? Don't post this on Rennlist or the Mezger Cult may attack you for blasphemy.

It is amazing what Sam and team has done with the 991 platform.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I believe COBBS pulled out the 997.1,997.2 and 991 rods and the .2 & 991 was considerably stronger. The rods are the weak link on the Mezger motors And on the 991's it is the strong point.

If there are no adverse effects to the 991 at these power level after some 1000's of miles are out on them, then we can conclusively say they are more stout then Meager.

Based on what I have seen other 991 cars put out and the research of their much stronger rods (Mezgers weak point considering the rest of the motor can do 1000+), I would say they are more stout for outright power then my beloved Mezger.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:33 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
has anybody seen a failed 991 motor yet (due to more power)? We know that that 997.1 is good for 700whp/700tq at the wheels on a good safe tune and can last a very long time, the 997.2 about 100hp less but interesting to find the true limits of the 991.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:25 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
has anybody seen a failed 991 motor yet (due to more power)? We know that that 997.1 is good for 700whp/700tq at the wheels on a good safe tune and can last a very long time, the 997.2 about 100hp less but interesting to find the true limits of the 991.
From my understanding the 997.2 is a fueling (direct injection) and PDK limiting it, not the motor.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
For sure! So far so safe!

Originally Posted by Stage7
Lol...ya think? Don't post this on Rennlist or the Mezger Cult may attack you for blasphemy.

It is amazing what Sam and team has done with the 991 platform.
LOL. Cheers bud!

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I believe COBBS pulled out the 997.1,997.2 and 991 rods and the .2 & 991 was considerably stronger. The rods are the weak link on the Mezger motors And on the 991's it is the strong point.

If there are no adverse effects to the 991 at these power level after some 1000's of miles are out on them, then we can conclusively say they are more stout then Meager.

Based on what I have seen other 991 cars put out and the research of their much stronger rods (Mezgers weak point considering the rest of the motor can do 1000+), I would say they are more stout for outright power then my beloved Mezger.
Yes. Even the head studs are not only larger and stronger but the entire design is more stout. A step up in true Porsche fashion. They had big shoes to fill with the Metzger!

I haven't seen an engine failure yet! But the right guys are handling with care

Old 09-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
24-25

Old 09-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Obb
Great work but this dyno reads pretty much like a Dynojet. Not your average heartbreaker Mustang.
700+ whp with a PDK car on any dyno is serious business.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:01 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Obb
Great work but this dyno reads pretty much like a Dynojet. Not your average heartbreaker Mustang.
Which dyno is this?

There are is some variation with mustang dynos from personal experience but like Tom says 700+ wheel is a lot for any dyno.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:47 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Obb
We used the Dyno for initial tuning as we were in mostly uncharted territory. As we all know Dyno numbers are cool but real world results are what I am after and I got the results I was looking for. I know they are all different even the same brands put out different numbers, GMG's Dyno numbers are lower than Giac dyno's and they are both Mustangs. Airdensity, cooling at the facility you are using the only way to get a direct comparison would be to run the same car at on the same dyno on the same day in the exact same conditions so its never going to happen.
Here is what I know my car put down 565whp at GIAC's Heartbreaker Mustang Dyno, Nigels car put down 680whp on Cobbs SoCal Dyno we raced the 1/2 mile that day I ran a best of 162.5 and Nigel ran a 175 on our race so he beat me by 12.5 mph thats huge I would say he was putting down at least 100hp if not a lot more to out trap my that much.

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
700+ whp with a PDK car on any dyno is serious business.
thanks Tom as we all have seen the TTS have shown at the 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile events these cars can take down others all other cars that are putting out 150 or more HP.

Originally Posted by longboarder
Which dyno is this?

There are is some variation with mustang dynos from personal experience but like Tom says 700+ wheel is a lot for any dyno.
Adam Cobbs Socal Dyno,

Old 09-22-2016, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell

thanks Tom as we all have seen the TTS have shown at the 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile events these cars can take down others all other cars that are putting out 150 or more HP.

Besides, the 144mph 1/4 mile trap speed tells the real tale anyway.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
Cheers guys!

This is a Mustang Dyno and does in fact read like a Dynojet for steady consistency with all the other Cobb locations. I like doing all development stuff on this dyno to have good comparative data.

If Mark is up to it we can run the 760 map after the PDK is back in

Should get it early next week Mark!

Old 09-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Cheers guys!

This is a Mustang Dyno and does in fact read like a Dynojet for steady consistency with all the other Cobb locations. I like doing all development stuff on this dyno to have good comparative data.

If Mark is up to it we can run the 760 map after the PDK is back in

Should get it early next week Mark!
Sam the shop and mostly me can't wait to get the PDK back in. We will surely run the big map with up upgraded clutches. I do however want to run the same map to see what if any, we were losing for slipage..

Old 09-22-2016, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Sam the shop and mostly me can't wait to get the PDK back in. We will surely run the big map with up upgraded clutches. I do however want to run the same map to see what if any, we were losing for slipage..
Can't wait to see what you can do at Shift Sector my brother. 180??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 747whp Beast 991TTS By Design Stage 4 Competition Tune