Dodson Motorsport PDK Upgrade going on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 05:28 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
No slippage tuned properly up to 800 crank. Unless the car has a lot of miles or something. I've seen weird things on cars that are really beat on. 2 only ever.

Agreed. Fast and solid, being able to out perform pretty much any exotic streetcar is a great place to be! Same car can be pushed to competition levels with one button or cruise to dinner with another!

Nanook. you are going to fall in love with your car all over again! And I know you've had some fast ones!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am at 18K miles. Outside of racing events, which are relatively rare for me, I don't drive the car super hard or beat on it as I want it to last and I value keeping my license. So easy to lose your license in one of our super fast tuned 991 Turbos with just a teensy shove of the gas pedal.

I will keep my fingers crossed for no slippage. Otherwise I guess I will have the new power dialed back a bit. If that fails it is a trip to Dodson which I would like to avoid.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Let me clarify on my PDK upgrade as some people have asked. I have not data logged at any of my 1/4 mile envents, I operate like E-Gear Ive got many things that are more important to me than logging at this time its more about car prep and staging. I did do some Data logging the next day after my event and found that I was getting a small amount of slipping on certain runs. I did not experience any slippage on my stock tire set up even on my big map 745ish HP to the wheels. So I looked at what I wanted to do with my car and made the decicsion to upgrade the clutch pack now. I'm sure I can cut some time in the 1/4 mile, and have one less thing to worry about on a top speed runs where Im running all out for 40 seconds If youve looked at my Video I am at 6800rpm in 6th gear at 203mph, I expect to be at 7200rpm at closer to 215mph. If I was not going for the last couple tenth's or the next 10mph on top end I could have left the stock PDK in my car and it would be good to go.

a little over 5 weeks away for this again, I either need to lower my seat another inch or put a pad on the top of my helmet for the 190mph dip

Old 09-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Uthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond repute
That video is so sick. I just ordered all the Stage 3 stuff from Sam this week for install next week, but I almost want to right to 4!

Old 09-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Uthatcher
That video is so sick. I just ordered all the Stage 3 stuff from Sam this week for install next week, but I almost want to right to 4!
Yea its a wild ride, although I wouldnt complain if it was a little smoother. Just enjoy the stage 3 for awhile you can beat just about anything out there with it. If your a speed junky like me you will go up to stage 4. I went up in stages as well only I started out at stage 2 as that was all that was out, then intercoolers came out and went to stage 3. Then turbos came out and I went with Sam and never looked back Enjoy

Old 09-01-2016, 03:17 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Knew you were crazy enough to do this

Can't wait to see what it can do brother. We got NoFlyZone November 5th hope you can make the trek down to Bakersfield with that beast.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Wow that rough ride at terminal would cause major pucker factor for me

Old 09-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Knew you were crazy enough to do this

Can't wait to see what it can do brother. We got NoFlyZone November 5th hope you can make the trek down to Bakersfield with that beast.
It was really the next step that needed to be done.

I Saw that I will probably go, that weekend is open I think

Old 09-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey R
Clutch basket. The flying saucer looking piece. Still needs to be cut but there's a new system to put everything back together. Stay tuned!
Great to hear!!

Old 09-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Uthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond reputeUthatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Yea its a wild ride, although I wouldnt complain if it was a little smoother. Just enjoy the stage 3 for awhile you can beat just about anything out there with it. If your a speed junky like me you will go up to stage 4. I went up in stages as well only I started out at stage 2 as that was all that was out, then intercoolers came out and went to stage 3. Then turbos came out and I went with Sam and never looked back Enjoy
That is my plan. This will be my fastest street car I've ever had (I also have a new Z06 but this is way better/faster to me) and I want to enjoy it for a bit. But I talked to Sam about your car some and it is very, very interesting to me. I've had lots of crazy fast motorcycles but have never modded a Porsche.

I cannot wait to drive the car when I get it back next week.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Pumped about getting my hands on it U! I don't get to do as many as I would like in person so it's a pleasure! Don't stare into the light! You guys all go straight for the bright light and then blame me

Stages are a blast because you can appreciate each level. This is going to be great!

Old 09-02-2016, 06:50 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
I think I may have damaged my retinas

Old 09-04-2016, 09:28 PM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Thanks Guys, Im running right at 745whp and 710 torque and I am getting some slip but I have been running drag radials, I havent had a problem when I was running street tires, Jeff was seeing slippage at around 780whp on R888. I dont know on the 991.2 PDK
Mark, The trans was slipping but I really didn't feel it. We had to get the data to Sam who told us it was slipping. We knew it was slipping when we seen the results and we dialed the boost down from 28 to 24 lbs. I also have 28,000 miles on the car and about 1000 launches...definitely time for a trans upgrade. Hopefully we will get the PDK upgraded before the TX wannagofast event around mid Nov. I can't wait to see what you can do with the trans upgraded...

Sam, what's your thought about a splash of Nitrous in between gear shifts while at 24 pounds of boost? I can ensure the gear changes can happen without the nitrous and ramp it in between the gear changes?

Jeff

Old 09-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
You can try it. Won't kill anything and it's all there for you. Just go in small increments on the 24 setting.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Banned
Thunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond repute
Mark

What meth kit you are using?

Old 09-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by 918 Spyder
Mark, The trans was slipping but I really didn't feel it. We had to get the data to Sam who told us it was slipping. We knew it was slipping when we seen the results and we dialed the boost down from 28 to 24 lbs. I also have 28,000 miles on the car and about 1000 launches...definitely time for a trans upgrade. Hopefully we will get the PDK upgraded before the TX wannagofast event around mid Nov. I can't wait to see what you can do with the trans upgraded...

Sam, what's your thought about a splash of Nitrous in between gear shifts while at 24 pounds of boost? I can ensure the gear changes can happen without the nitrous and ramp it in between the gear changes?

Jeff
Jeff get that Trans fixed so you can put the power down at the next 1/2 mile. With a little luck I will have mine back and running in about 2 weeks that will give me and Sam a little datalog time before my next event will keep you guys updated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dodson Motorsport PDK Upgrade going on