Love the Akra, Hate the look, what to do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:56 PM
fbomb is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the Akra, Hate the look, what to do?

So I had Sam put on the Akrapovic exhaust with cats that I bought slightly used from a board member. I love the exhaust. Actually it is debateable which sounds better between the Speedtech 3" with stock cats I had on the car and the Akra, but the driveability with the Akra is far better. If you don't do a lot of highway driving and your car is not a daily driver the Speedtech has a great sound and it is a much better value. But for a daily driver, the Akra is a much better option: no drone on the highway, and stock quiet in normal mode at light throttle, but it is full Jekyl and Hyde, and in sport when you accelerate hard when the RMP's pass about 3000 you would think there is a moving part in the exhaust that switches over as the character of the exhaust note completely changes and becomes loud and snarly. From a performance standpoint I am very happy. The problem is I absolutely hate the way the exhaust looks.

The carbon fiber plate doesn't match with my gray car, the chrome oval ring around the exhaust doesn't look right with the design of the rear of the car (plus I hate chrome), the exhaust pipe doesn't even connect to the tip it just floats inside, weird. I have my base plan which is to vinyl wrap the panel, and powder coat the chrome ring black, but I would really like to have stock (or other) dual tips. I know there are a lot of clever people on the board, does anyone know of anyone who has modded their Akra to fit stock tips, or have any ideas about how to make it work with other tips.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Honestly, I couldn't be happier with the Kline, both in the looks and sound. It has the same sound characteristics that you mention that the Akra does. Drone free, quiet during the commute (with some fun pokes that remind you that its not stock), and an absolute animal on boost or above 3000 rpm.

These are not cars that we bought to dislike any charcteristic of. You could pretty easily sell the Akra for what you paid for it plus the install.

I've changed my exhaust myself now 6 times and sold everything I took off. I didn't rest until it was perfect. (and then unfortunately I had to put the cats back on, but it's pretty close still.)

Old 10-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Td33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud of
I completely agree with Visceral. Don't settle and change your car to fit the exhaust. I also have the Kline system and it's fantastic and uses your factory tips. No mods to the car, just great sound!

Talk it over with Sam. I'm sure he will take care of you.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 PM
fbomb is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with you guys, but it seems crazy to change out a whole exhaust just for the tips. I am going to live with it for a minute and then decide how much I care. Anyone have any ideas on how to change the tips?

Old 10-14-2016, 03:29 AM
Td33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud ofTd33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fbomb
I agree with you guys, but it seems crazy to change out a whole exhaust just for the tips. I am going to live with it for a minute and then decide how much I care. Anyone have any ideas on how to change the tips?
I'm no help with that. If you Sam doesn't have any ideas, I would contact the manufacturer if you can.