New BBS FI-R for 991 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 09:35 AM
zerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nicezerix is just really nice
The HRE R101 Lightweight is the competition to the BBS FI-R's, not the normal P101s.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by I'mAllIn
Very nice wheels. How are priced compared to P101s?
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
Steve There are a a couple of variables but pricing is relatively close once you get to HRE and BBS forged wheels. The HRE's are slightly more. HRE offers more customization with offsets and colors. Supreme Power who advertises on Rennlist I believe is the only AD who sells BBS in custom colors. BBS only offers one offset for these, which is perfect. BBS also manufactures their wheels in house from start to finish and even has their own foundry. They also publish their process and documentation unlike some of the other guys. HRE's are nice but if you want the real deal go BBS. The retail for these is $2,110 for the fronts and $2,260 for the rears or $8,740 plus tax and $150 for shipping typically.
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
I'm a fan of the P101's...HRE makes a great (and should for the price) product; having said that, the BBS FI series is very, very special; and FWIW I prefer it over the fabulous P101.
Originally Posted by zerix
The HRE R101 Lightweight is the competition to the BBS FI-R's, not the normal P101s.
Zerix is correct, the R101 LW's are the direct competitor to the BBS FI-R's. The R101 LW weigh less and can be ordered with custom finishes, widths, and offsets. Because of this extra freedom that HRE provides and the fact that they are more lightweight the wheels can be spec'd to either be competitive with the BBS pricing or above it.

HRE's are manufactured in-house at their facility in Southern California. They even go the extra mile of sending their new wheels to Germany to get TUV certified - something that they don't have to do.

We sell both products and both definitely have their place in the market. We also sell the BBS wheels in custom colors

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:43 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by zerix
While that is certainly true, the comps here in the thread were to the P101. I still stand by my opinion. Thanks. I'm not throwing rocks at HRE whatsoever as I have very high respect for the brand.

Being somewhat of a traditionalist, I have a soft spot for the BBS brand, namely their forged wheels. And I DO still like the design nuances of their F1-R that neither one of the HRE variants offer. OTOH, the weight advantage of the R101 from HRE cannot be ignored. IMO you can't go wrong with either wheel!

Old 09-26-2017, 07:45 AM
Adam_911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice color!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.