6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo-172/)
-   -   991.2 battery replacement (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-turbo/422220-991-2-battery-replacement.html)

pep71 07-10-2018 08:23 PM

991.2 battery replacement

Hi guys

I guess due to my BlackVue cameras, while car sitting I garage for 2 weeks, the battery went completely dead and will not be able to take a charge.

any suggestions???

if need of a new one, which do you suggest and is it a do it yourself thing?

thanks

Harry Da Hamster 07-10-2018 09:37 PM

I battery is dirt cheap, but you could probably get it covered under warranty. Porsche doesn't need to know about the dash cam. Just thought i'd mention it.

I'm about to have a BlackVue 900S 2ch installed with the BlackVue Power Magic Pro. It cuts power to the dash cam when the battery voltage drops to a specified point. But now i'm second guessing my decision and i might go with the BlackVue B-124 battery pack.

Boosted TTS 07-11-2018 04:46 AM

Hi guys,

I have been down this route...I have a BlackVue 650 with front and rear cams with the power magic, mostly for the daily kills:D

I have then changed over to a lithium battery from AntiGravity in CA, can’t be happier, but you can probably get the dealer to get you one under warranties. These batteries have a restart button, that no matter what...it won’t leave you stranded.

Manuel

BLOWN SRT 07-11-2018 06:07 AM

That battery just needs a battery reconditioning...which can be done with a Ctek charger that has that option (there are several), or a high current charger that will break the surface charge and continue to recharge it. That's all it needs.

No way would a battery die completely after one power drain...unless it was defective to start with, which is unlikely.

It will have a negligibly lower capacity after being drained like that, but should be fine once it's brought back to life.

Been there, done that more often than that in the past...and have never lost one, under same circumstances.

Nanook 07-11-2018 06:11 AM

Boosted which AG battery did you go with ? RS-30 ? and bracket ?...looks tempting

Harry Da Hamster 07-12-2018 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted TTS (Post 4726601)
Hi guys,

I have been down this route...I have a BlackVue 650 with front and rear cams with the power magic, mostly for the daily kills:D

I have then changed over to a lithium battery from AntiGravity in CA, can’t be happier, but you can probably get the dealer to get you one under warranties. These batteries have a restart button, that no matter what...it won’t leave you stranded.

Manuel

How long does the battery/power magic last until it shuts down? I currently have the Power Magic Pro and I was thinking about getting the B-124 battery pack to get ~24hrs of parking mode surveillance without draining the battery but the B-124 seems awfully expensive for $300 considering its only a 6000mAh battery pack. Your suggestion for the AntiGravity battery got me thinking. If it gets 24+ hours of parking surveillance and it still starts the car with no problem, i can use the $300 towards that instead.