991.2 battery replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 08:23 PM
pep71 is on a distinguished road
991.2 battery replacement

Hi guys

I guess due to my BlackVue cameras, while car sitting I garage for 2 weeks, the battery went completely dead and will not be able to take a charge.

any suggestions???

if need of a new one, which do you suggest and is it a do it yourself thing?

thanks

Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
I battery is dirt cheap, but you could probably get it covered under warranty. Porsche doesn't need to know about the dash cam. Just thought i'd mention it.

I'm about to have a BlackVue 900S 2ch installed with the BlackVue Power Magic Pro. It cuts power to the dash cam when the battery voltage drops to a specified point. But now i'm second guessing my decision and i might go with the BlackVue B-124 battery pack.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:46 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hi guys,

I have been down this route...I have a BlackVue 650 with front and rear cams with the power magic, mostly for the daily kills

I have then changed over to a lithium battery from AntiGravity in CA, can’t be happier, but you can probably get the dealer to get you one under warranties. These batteries have a restart button, that no matter what...it won’t leave you stranded.

Manuel

Old 07-11-2018, 06:07 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
That battery just needs a battery reconditioning...which can be done with a Ctek charger that has that option (there are several), or a high current charger that will break the surface charge and continue to recharge it. That's all it needs.

No way would a battery die completely after one power drain...unless it was defective to start with, which is unlikely.

It will have a negligibly lower capacity after being drained like that, but should be fine once it's brought back to life.

Been there, done that more often than that in the past...and have never lost one, under same circumstances.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:11 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Boosted which AG battery did you go with ? RS-30 ? and bracket ?...looks tempting

Old 07-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Hi guys,

I have been down this route...I have a BlackVue 650 with front and rear cams with the power magic, mostly for the daily kills

I have then changed over to a lithium battery from AntiGravity in CA, can’t be happier, but you can probably get the dealer to get you one under warranties. These batteries have a restart button, that no matter what...it won’t leave you stranded.

Manuel
How long does the battery/power magic last until it shuts down? I currently have the Power Magic Pro and I was thinking about getting the B-124 battery pack to get ~24hrs of parking mode surveillance without draining the battery but the B-124 seems awfully expensive for $300 considering its only a 6000mAh battery pack. Your suggestion for the AntiGravity battery got me thinking. If it gets 24+ hours of parking surveillance and it still starts the car with no problem, i can use the $300 towards that instead.