This Wireless hotspot is maddening

Old 09-16-2018, 12:33 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
This Wireless hotspot is maddening

I generally love the interface on the 991.2, but I’ll be damned if I can get Amazon Music to Work when paired with the WiFi- my phone says I’m linked to WiFi just fine, and I have the apps showing on PCM...weather, news, etc. but Amazon Music is a no go. And the WiFi doesn’t allow me to get to sites on my phone. I don’t get it. It’s like the WiFi actually slows down the whole operation. Ugh

Old 09-19-2018, 05:41 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
AND - I get the Apps to show up when paired with WiFi, Google Earth, News, BUT Apple Music with Apple CarPlay DOESN'T work when paired to WiFi. What's the damn point of having a WiFi hotspot if the music won't play? Ugh. Terrible.

Old 09-22-2018, 12:03 PM
Lesson learned: to actually use the WiFi to stream other data besides Connect services, you have to go to att.com/Porsche to activate the 3-month trial of 3 GB of data. That explains it!

Old 09-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like you’ve got it.

I’ve owned three cars with a WiFi hotspot. I haven’t activated it in any of them. I guess I don’t see the point. If I had had kids and they were frequently in the car with multiple devices, then maybe I could see it. For the 911, it’s mostly me driving alone or me with my wife. I see no need for a hotspot.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:59 AM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
I feel the same . . . I didn't activate any of my hotspots and I try to make my kids talk to me . . . HaHa

Old 10-01-2018, 11:23 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I use Bluetooth to stream it off my phone...Amazon Music, Google Music and Spotify. Don't know why you'd even thing of doing it any other way...forget the radio apps...useless! And the audio quality is outstanding too!

Old 10-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Works now! The advantage would be in areas where you don't get good cell reception, or if you have a phone data plan that might be exceeded.