My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S

Old 03-14-2019, 03:53 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Why one run only between Fadi and grey 991?

Old 03-14-2019, 04:30 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Track prep in right vs left lane. Right lane was great that's why dragtimes picked it. So if the cars switched lanes it would probably lose. Seems a bit cowardly if he said he would line up again but then bailed.

Last edited by longboarder; 03-14-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:42 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Giorgos Cayman
Stef this is the OEM part number. I m looking for the Borg Warner Part number because you can get almost 50% discount !
Giorgo if you find out, PLEASE let me know!!!!

Old 03-14-2019, 06:43 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3llooi
I asked to re run and switch lanes. Mike said “OK...first let me check the tune”, next thing I know they were packed up in the trailer and gone. Didn’t say a word to me.
Originally Posted by longboarder
Track prep in right vs left lane. Right lane was great that's why dragtimes picked it. So if the cars switched lanes it would probably lose. Seems a bit cowardly if he said he would line up again but then bailed.
The left lane was fine for me for the first several runs, then man, idk what happened but it started going to crap. I started to battle traction bad. It got worse and worse and by the time I ran the SBD car, my ET crept its way down to a 10.0 (from original 9.5)

I am starting to think it was strategic that the SBD car kept telling they want to be in the right lane and didn’t give me a re-run? Maybe they knew something I didn’t being that’s they are familiar with the track? Idk....

Honestly, it didn’t bother me. For the first time out with zero logs on a brand new set up and going 9.5@146.5 got me on cloud 9. The rest is just whatever.

Last edited by SCvet00; 03-14-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:45 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kouzman
Giorgo if you find out, PLEASE let me know!!!!
You’re right as far as pricing on your rennlist post. STUPID expensive. Stick with 68 VTGs. Lmao!

Old 03-14-2019, 07:00 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SCvet00

You’re right as far as pricing on your rennlist post. STUPID expensive. Stick with 68 VTGs. Lmao!
yeah! lol! I found them on the FVD website. I still can't believe it! lol! But I am curious if we are able to source directly from the manufacturer and not Porsche themselves...

Old 03-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Looks like ByDesign / AIM / ESmotor are all on their game!!

Nice runs by all!

Old 03-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Adam, really??? Come on man, we had three 9.5 passes back to back. Mike is a great guy and super humble, he did not line up because the car was breaking up up top and he wanted to get his tune revised. You don't have to call him a coward when you don't even know him.

Regards,

Manuel

Old 03-15-2019, 01:29 AM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Nice runs by everyone. I know there's a little fine tuning needed by Fadi, but those runs are killer for a first time out. And is that true? $10k for the GT2RS turbos??? Holy cow!!!

Old 03-15-2019, 01:44 AM
arkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond repute

I asked to re run and switch lanes. Mike said “OK...first let me check the tune”, next thing I know they were packed up in the trailer and gone. Didn’t say a word to me.

The left lane was fine for me for the first several runs, then man, idk what happened but it started going to crap. I started to battle traction bad. It got worse and worse and by the time I ran the SBD car, my ET crept its way down to a 10.0 (from original 9.5)

I am starting to think it was strategic that the SBD car kept telling they want to be in the right lane and didn’t give me a re-run? Maybe they knew something I didn’t being that’s they are familiar with the track? Idk....

Honestly, it didn’t bother me. For the first time out with zero logs on a brand new set up and going 9.5@146.5 got me on cloud 9. The rest is just whatever.
Lack of sportsmanship isnt anything new. Learned that last Ocala trip. Same "team" that called out Shay for a race, then jumped intentionally so early that the hands of the flagger were still going up but still got gapped so hard that team captain was trying to rewrite the definition for what a race is and that they are "racing trap speeds" apparently and that the difference was only .5 instead of the 2.5 it actually was. Hilarious btw.

The race with Fadi was more of the same. At least you guys know who you're dealing with now. They raced you only once yet you got the bad lane, and then the tune was breaking up, up top but the car still ran a 9.6 and trapped the same . Weird because the copy and paste marketing review by the driver and owner of the car called it and I quote the " "the tune of the century" . I've modded many cars, never had a tune of the century, especially one that was breaking up yet I still ran almost the same thing and then wouldn't run the opponent back who spun because I knew he went in the bad lane. At least call a spade a spade.

Last edited by arkadyzv; 03-15-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Nice runs by everyone. I know there's a little fine tuning needed by Fadi, but those runs are killer for a first time out. And is that true? $10k for the GT2RS turbos??? Holy cow!!!
Thanks Harry. I am going to make a video of the cost of this set up. Stay tuned.
Originally Posted by arkadyzv
Lack of sportsmanship isnt anything new. Leaned that last Ocala trip. Same "team" that called out Shay for a race, then jumped intentionally so early that the hands of the flagger were still going up but still got gapped so hard that team captain was trying to rewrite the definition for what a race is and that they are "racing trap speeds" apparently and that the difference was only .5 instead of the 2.5 it actually was. Hilarious btw.

The race with Fadi was more of the same. At least you guys know who you're dealing with now. They raced you only once yet you got the bad lane, and then the tune was breaking up, up top but the car still ran a 9.6 and trapped the same . Weird because the copy and paste marketing review by the driver and owner of the car called it and I quote the " "the tune of the century" . I've modded many cars, never had a tune of the century, especially one that was breaking up yet I still ran almost the same thing and then wouldn't run the opponent back who spun because I knew he went in the bad lane. At least call a spade a spade.
Sucks it had to go down the way it did. All these bad vibes stem from me switching from SBD to ES (anyone would had they experienced what I did), and in doing so it brings out the worst in some people.

Ill be fine tuning the car with Emre and going back to the track. Everyone stay tuned, cool stuff to come on the channel regarding the 911.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:24 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Adam, really??? Come on man, we had three 9.5 passes back to back. Mike is a great guy and super humble, he did not line up because the car was breaking up up top and he wanted to get his tune revised. You don't have to call him a coward when you don't even know him.

Regards,

Manuel
Hi Manuel,

If it was evident that the prep in the left lane was going off...as cars in the left had had been doing 9.5 then were starting to spin and progressively getting slower ETs,...and then a long anticipated race goes down with two cars who were both doing 9.5 with good prep earlier, and the car in the right lane clearly wins, and then the drivers agree to rematch and switch lanes...and then the driver in the right lane all of a sudden vanishes? You don't think that is a cowardly move?

I'm trying to figure this out since you were quick to celebrate this seeming victory.,.when to an observer this seems like a shady way to claim a win. Don't you agree?

Old 03-15-2019, 01:09 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Hi Manuel,

If it was evident that the prep in the left lane was going off...as cars in the left had had been doing 9.5 then were starting to spin and progressively getting slower ETs,...and then a long anticipated race goes down with two cars who were both doing 9.5 with good prep earlier, and the car in the right lane clearly wins, and then the drivers agree to rematch and switch lanes...and then the driver in the right lane all of a sudden vanishes? You don't think that is a cowardly move?

I'm trying to figure this out since you were quick to celebrate this seeming victory.,.when to an observer this seems like a shady way to claim a win. Don't you agree?

Lets keep in mind there were 4 991.1 turbos that I know of at the track

ES850 ( Shays car with 1300hp capable turbos )
ES750rs ( Fadis car with GT2rs turbos )
ES750 ( Black car with 71mm turbos )

Mikes By Design stage 4 ( with 68mm turbos )

Mikes car was quicker than all of them, and no one has even mentioned the other 2 cars except for Drag Times, where are there time slips? If you really want to see how these cars performed then lets see everyone post all there time slips we already know Mike has the quickest I bet he also has the most consistent. Fadi's time was awesome and Im sure he will get his times lower he has the turbos to do it.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
I agree with you here. Looks like prep went away in left lane as the night went on which is not uncommon when a lot of street tire cars are racing. Brooks who's a seasoned drag racer ran right lane every time and his rwd McLaren was launching as good as Fadi's 991..... lets be honest that is never going to happen in the real world on a unprepped road and the street will be the same in both left and right. Brings me to my next point, I'm all for some smack talk and tuner showdowns and grudge races, I think that's most exciting part about this. If there is no competition and no "other camp" - it's no fun. Note that Dragtimes 720 did 6 races with Fadi for his "compare segment" even though it was very clear from the get go that Fadis car was faster than his 720, then for the "tuner showdown" it was 1 throwaway pass. Obviously both of these cars ran 9.5s that day so it would have been much more interesting to see a toe to toe race.

On a side note I find it funny that Manuel is the one to try and focus on this considering his car didn't make it to the drag strip with these guys and he also got gapped by one of these rookie 991s in a half mile drag race with same surface in both lanes, spraying down his intercoolers and a cheating jump-start.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 03-15-2019, 02:06 PM
arkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Harry. I am going to make a video of the cost of this set up. Stay tuned.

Sucks it had to go down the way it did. All these bad vibes stem from me switching from SBD to ES (anyone would had they experienced what I did), and in doing so it brings out the worst in some people.

Ill be fine tuning the car with Emre and going back to the track. Everyone stay tuned, cool stuff to come on the channel regarding the 911.
Its the same two faced stuff as it was before. Unfortunately marketing and exaggerations take precedence over facts and data. When all you do is play catch up, you take whatever you can get any way you can get it.

Originally Posted by Markblackwell
Lets keep in mind there were 4 991.1 turbos that I know of at the track

ES850 ( Shays car with 1300hp capable turbos )
ES750rs ( Fadis car with GT2rs turbos )
ES750 ( Black car with 71mm turbos )

Mikes By Design stage 4 ( with 68mm turbos )

Mikes car was quicker than all of them, and no one has even mentioned the other 2 cars except for Drag Times, where are there time slips? If you really want to see how these cars performed then lets see everyone post all there time slips we already know Mike has the quickest I bet he also has the most consistent. Fadi's time was awesome and Im sure he will get his times lower he has the turbos to do it.
Because only one race happened, dont try to exaggerate it into a shoot out. Mike went faster in a figured out car vs a car fresh off the dyno with a novice driver with no seat time and drag racing experience in the known worse lane. If there was a team shoot out, only one team would show up, the same one that goes to all the other events and brings many cars each time, not just IG model pimping stage 4 fitness teas with long winded inspirational quotes.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S