Thoughts on these Turbos for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 10:35 AM
dbhajek is on a distinguished road
Thoughts on these Turbos for sale

Was thinking about getting back into a Turbo, had a 996 before. Really the only two options I want is back up camera and entry and drive.

I really like the color combo of this silver one but the three owner kind of scares me. The mileage is a little high but these cars looked to be really reliable.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=526450600

The white on is nice but wish it didnt have Cup 2. Why does it have Cup 2?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=510580256

Thoughts?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-10-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:05 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
I like the white one! No sunroof either so definitely a few pounds lighter than average!

Old 10-10-2019, 01:23 PM
arkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond reputearkadyzv has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dbhajek
Was thinking about getting back into a Turbo, had a 996 before. Really the only two options I want is back up camera and entry and drive.

I really like the color combo of this silver one but the three owner kind of scares me. The mileage is a little high but these cars looked to be really reliable

The white on is nice but wish it didnt have Cup 2. Why does it have Cup 2?

Thoughts?
I dont think either of these are priced that well, I sold my 2015 turbo s to my local porsche dealership in January of this yea for low 120's, they certified it and I think sold it for 130 CPO. White on red msrp of 198k, 15k on it. They have gone down a lot since then. I think the silver car has been for sale for a while. You can easily remove the Cup2's put on new PS4's and sell them on ebay so I dont think the tires are a big issue.

Regardless I think for the money you can do better, at least a Cpo'd car if you are spending 125k. I wouldn't worry too much about owners, as long as the car is nice, most people dont keep these cars for that long. Mileage wouldn't scare me either, I know of someone who had a 2015, put 50k on it in 2 years, it was full bolt on, launched almost every day and had zero issues. The only issue you might have is that throttle body coupler is ripped, theres a TSB and updated part number for it, my 2015 had the same issue, other than that theres really nothing else.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-10-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by arkadyzv
I dont think either of these are priced that well, I sold my 2015 turbo s to my local porsche dealership in January of this yea for low 120's, they certified it and I think sold it for 130 CPO. White on red msrp of 198k, 15k on it. They have gone down a lot since then. I think the silver car has been for sale for a while. You can easily remove the Cup2's put on new PS4's and sell them on ebay so I dont think the tires are a big issue.

Regardless I think for the money you can do better, at least a Cpo'd car if you are spending 125k. I wouldn't worry too much about owners, as long as the car is nice, most people dont keep these cars for that long. Mileage wouldn't scare me either, I know of someone who had a 2015, put 50k on it in 2 years, it was full bolt on, launched almost every day and had zero issues. The only issue you might have is that throttle body coupler is ripped, theres a TSB and updated part number for it, my 2015 had the same issue, other than that theres really nothing else.
Thanks for the advice.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:01 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Also check on BAT or the PCARMARKET before the end of the auction the whole car has been dissected by the crowd and you'll have a reliable infos on what are you buying, they're ruthless to the seller especially if you're hiding something but very good for the buyer. Good luck with your search.

Old 10-10-2019, 09:29 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
PS4 are not certified for the 991. So any dealer will either put on P0 or Cup 2 by default unless you ask specifically.

Old 10-13-2019, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by shifter_
PS4 are not certified for the 991. So any dealer will either put on P0 or Cup 2 by default unless you ask specifically.
That makes sense, I went to look at another and it had Cup 2s

Old 10-21-2019, 06:14 AM
BenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to beholdBenTT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dbhajek
That makes sense, I went to look at another and it had Cup 2s
If you’ve had a chance to drive the cars with the pirellis versus the cup 2 you will notice a huge difference with much sharper handling and better feel with the cup2.
That being said I just put over 10k miles on a set of cup twos. Absolutely no problem doing 80 miles an hour in the rain but since you live in the Northeast you might have issues if you want to take the car out on a 10° day. I’ve had the car out with temperatures in the 30s and noticed it did take a while for the tires to warm up but it was not a big deal. Cup tires are also what comes standard on a GT3 so if you want that next level of performance of handling that gets you close.
If you’re going to be like most New Englanders you’ll put the car away for the winter anyway so it won’t matter and if you’re the extreme person that wants to drive in the winter you’ll get a set of snow tires anyway.
I would not let those tires scare you away from buying the right car.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by BenTT
If you’ve had a chance to drive the cars with the pirellis versus the cup 2 you will notice a huge difference with much sharper handling and better feel with the cup2.
That being said I just put over 10k miles on a set of cup twos. Absolutely no problem doing 80 miles an hour in the rain but since you live in the Northeast you might have issues if you want to take the car out on a 10° day. I’ve had the car out with temperatures in the 30s and noticed it did take a while for the tires to warm up but it was not a big deal. Cup tires are also what comes standard on a GT3 so if you want that next level of performance of handling that gets you close.
If you’re going to be like most New Englanders you’ll put the car away for the winter anyway so it won’t matter and if you’re the extreme person that wants to drive in the winter you’ll get a set of snow tires anyway.
I would not let those tires scare you away from buying the right car.
Thanks for the advice

Old 10-22-2019, 08:31 AM
Gixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud ofGixxerboy63 has much to be proud of
Turbo S

I like both cars you have selected. The sunroof delete on the white one is a plus, but that Red /black interior on GT silver is awesome + it is $10k less! Mileage isn’t a concern to me as neither one of them appear to be daily driven (Only 4K/miles year?). I also considered Cup tires, but chose to run PS4s on mine instead. If you’re driving beyond the limits of PS4s, you should probably be on a racetrack instead....

Old 10-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63
I like both cars you have selected. The sunroof delete on the white one is a plus, but that Red /black interior on GT silver is awesome + it is $10k less! Mileage isn’t a concern to me as neither one of them appear to be daily driven (Only 4K/miles year?). I also considered Cup tires, but chose to run PS4s on mine instead. If you’re driving beyond the limits of PS4s, you should probably be on a racetrack instead....
I would prefer no sunroof but they are harder to find. The silver on red does look really good.