991 spied with "Aerokit Cup"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 05:56 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Looks like an aftermarket afterthought...

Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
I read somewhere the new designer for Porsche used to work for Saab. Shizer...if it's true it's really now starting to show.

That rear wing is what I would call a huge opportunity for the aftermarket designers. And the duck tail look? Ew. Not feelin it at all. It just doesn't work at all with the new rear lights and bar. They need to move forward with the new rear design and do something that works harmoniously.
It's a shocker. And the front aero bar isn't much better. A mess.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:51 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
It's AMAZING how a brand like Porsche or BMW (Butt-ugly butts for 10 years) as some recent examples can get snookered by some wacko so-called designers. They must have some REALLY good connections up or maybe down the totem pole. It is also amazing if you see where they studied and where they came from.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:52 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bunnn
At the Porsche World Road Show, they did a presentation on these kits and options.

Is this the new 4x4 of Porsche ?

Old 09-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
So let me see here. A designer from Saab comes into Porsche for a job as the chief designer. What was Porsche thinking? Why wasn't he immediately shown the door?

Old 09-23-2011, 02:40 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
I read somewhere the new designer for Porsche used to work for Saab. Shizer...if it's true it's really now starting to show.

That rear wing is what I would call a huge opportunity for the aftermarket designers. And the duck tail look? Ew. Not feelin it at all. It just doesn't work at all with the new rear lights and bar. They need to move forward with the new rear design and do something that works harmoniously.
It's a shocker. And the front aero bar isn't much better. A mess.

he also worked for Mercedes and created icons like the SLK and the later SL models.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Hmm not feelin it. I like my now "old style" GT3 wing much better.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
The whole rear end I'm not feeling except for the taillights. Those are cool.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
When it comes to style, newer is not always better, as demonstrated. It just makes me love my 996 even more.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
he also worked for Mercedes and created icons like the SLK and the later SL models.
Didn't know that. Phew. Thankfully a few redeeming qualities but who's going to claim responsibility for this wacky afterthought?

Old 09-24-2011, 12:59 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Didn't know that. Phew. Thankfully a few redeeming qualities but who's going to claim responsibility for this wacky afterthought?

I like the Kit (ducktail, front bumper etc.) except for the 2nd/upper wing. i think the biggest problem with the design of the upper wing is that it is too small! itīs almost cute and nowhere near as impressive as the previous GT3 wings. Good news for the aftermarket!

Old 09-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
I like the Kit (ducktail, front bumper etc.) except for the 2nd/upper wing. i think the biggest problem with the design of the upper wing is that it is too small! itīs almost cute and nowhere near as impressive as the previous GT3 wings. Good news for the aftermarket!
I think if it came down to it you could probably live with the ducktail but i personally wouldn't want to be paying money for it. The front bar is liveable if not a bit busy. The wing on the other hand is just plain disjointed. IOW, a mess, joke...whatever. That would have to go.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:30 AM
I think if it came down to it you could probably live with the ducktail but i personally wouldn't want to be paying money for it. The front bar is liveable if not a bit busy. The wing on the other hand is just plain disjointed. IOW, a mess, joke...whatever. That would have to go.
maybe the wing would look better on its own, without the ducktail.
i think both things donīt go together very well but, as i said, the combination may look better in person, in motion. sometimes itīs just the angle that makes something look silly. Hopefully the guy that took these spy pics will provide us with a video of that car as well!

Old 09-24-2011, 03:18 AM
centexm3 is on a distinguished road
hmmm.... I'm reserving judgement for now ... I hope it will grow on me ... but my initial reaction: I'm not feeling it .... sucks... i was hoping I would like it.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:16 PM
new pics, looks better in red:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 spied with "Aerokit Cup"