Saw some 991's at my subdivision today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Saw some 991's at my subdivision today.

Assuming it was PMNA or Atlanta based dealer event. Didn't feel like taking pictures since there are so many out already. The cars looked a little high on the ride height, but the new bigger wheels don't look overdone. Interior looks 997 except for the center console which also fits in well and still looks sporty and fitting for the car.

I'm still not big on the front of the car, still looks to bulbous for my taste. Otherwise classic 911, and the performance numbers are impressive. Looking forward to the Turbo and GT3 models. This should carry the torch pretty well.

Old 12-17-2011, 03:52 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Car ride height looks taller? Wonder if the cars you saw didn't have PASM. The 991 is 1/2" lower on the roofline - its a flatter/shorter (height wise) car...but added axle height on 20" shoes may have lifted the body a bit.

Front bulbous.... hmmm. I wonder if your eye is seeing the reduction in front fender overhang. This was my biggest gripe about the 997 - the fender overhand rivaled a Lincoln Continental. I clipped mine on everything from speed bumps to parking garage ramps. They finally pushed the wheels out to the front corners. THANK GOD - it looked very dated last year.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:41 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I just think the front looks more panamera and round than sporty. It's not awful, but not my taste.

I don't know how high the actual ride height is, just looked high to the naked eye. Like most new cars.

I think Porsche did a great job overall. I will own a 991.