New 991 pics in silver but...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 12:36 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by galion
They look great with every exterior color except platinum silver imo.
I am not sure if you seen it in person, it does looks good in platinum silver, but I am bias toward gray, silver and white

Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Greek
I still cant get over the rear of the car. It just doesnt look right to me....
Hey Greek - just curious - what do you not like about the rear? The lead director of design at porsche says it's his fav aspect of the car. Do you dislike the thin taillights or the shape of the slope, or something else - just curious.

Cheers.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:04 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah - wheels are a very personal preference. I can understand some folks like this wheel but I think the styling is kinda 1990-95. No offense to anyone - they aren't awful, certainly.

These have 10 spokes, but generally I'm a "more spokes" guy. I like RS wheels, and the radial 10-spoke porsche Carrera Classic style. Typically I veer away from big gaps in wheels where you can see brake calipers clearly. I like the retro styling of tru-spokes (obviously not a porsche option) and away from the Porsche Turbo 1 & 2 series wheel. I don't care for the newest addition (the fourth wheel choice recently added) called the sportTechno wheel, which only has 5 spokes.

But to each their own of course.

Last edited by EricP; 12-24-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:34 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by EricP
Hey Greek - just curious - what do you not like about the rear? The lead director of design at porsche says it's his fav aspect of the car. Do you dislike the thin taillights or the shape of the slope, or something else - just curious.

Cheers.
The lead director also gets paid to say that. IMHO, though it looks great, it just doesn't say "911". Too tall of a rear-end for a 911, and that mutated rear deck... I still like the 991 overall, though.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
The lead director also gets paid to say that. IMHO, though it looks great, it just doesn't say "911". Too tall of a rear-end for a 911, and that mutated rear deck... I still like the 991 overall, though.
He pointed out a specific thing - the rear - which aside from the tail lamps and midline shelf, I don't think changed much at all.

I think the headlamps and tunnels leading the them were the most dramatic change. When I see the test mules with the tail lamps covered it's still had for me to discern if its a 997 or 991. Did they make the rear "taller"? From which vantage point?

But if you don't like it, you don't like it.