What did you do to your 991 today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Beat my previous high speed on the 991S, but only by a bit, hit 237km/h before beginning the slow down.

Earlier in the day a range rover sport was trying to be competitive. At first I thought it was a joke, but when I saw that it may not be, I just hit sport+ and put an end to that competition real quick. A note to any turbo charged suv owners out there, you just can't keep up with a 991.

Last edited by aamersa; 03-20-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
took it food shopping.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Meatball is on a distinguished road
This past weekend washed it (I use Detail Image products which are great) and discovered its true curves . Replaced orange sidelights with clear using LEDs recommended by SM_ATL. Looks great. Installed my V1, much easier than my 996 C4S install.

Today, drove it the rain for the first time.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
Numeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know when the manuals are going to be available in the states. All the dealers I have been to only have the PDK transmissiom. I do know that the manual and automatic use the exact same transmission. Don't know exactly how yet. Also know that you can not go from any gear to 7th. Have to put it in 6th gear first then seventh. You can jump from 1st to 3rd and 2nd to 4th etc..

Old 03-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Scott997
took it food shopping.
That GT3 in your avatar is absolutely beautiful.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Just passed 3,000 (s)miles today. Love it more everyday

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7007251937/

Old 03-23-2012, 05:58 PM
carcam will become famous soon enough
drove it 300 miles today.. love it more each day too

Old 03-25-2012, 11:44 AM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
Yesterday I put the rear into a full slide.

Was not intentional, obviously, and it was pouring rain. I hit a turn just a bit fast and I do not recall for sure but I think I lifted off the throttle abruptly.

The passenger in the car remarked that while we were sliding "a lot appeared to be happening beneath us". He was remarking at the feverishly busy traction control causing all manner of vibrations and gyrations, as I (perhaps guided by the new electric steering) apparently turned perfectly into the slide.

The slide lasted less than 2 seconds and the car recovered VERY gracefully, pulling out of the slide into a nice straight finish for the turn.

I am scheduled for performance driving classes soon...not soon enough I guess. In any case, it is most definitely still a rear-engine 911 and I will be driving slower in the rain while I learn the car.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i closed the deal on my guards red manual coupe today!

should be in it sometime next week.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:12 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Congrats! Details on the build?

Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 AM
9114S2 is on a distinguished road
Well, i don't have my car yet (ETA mid may) however i have the following mods planned:

- Replace chrome 's' with red version (from Bumperplugs) - already ordered
- Carbon Wrap for mirrors
- Carbon Wrap for front lip
- Clear side blinkers
- MAYBE silver Carbon Wrap for interior trim

We'll see what else.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:17 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Had a mini contest today. It was not started by me. Tell me if you were driving a CL 65 amg would you see it fit to instigate a 911 driver? That too a 991 driver? I wouldn't have thought so. But it happened, and probably just coz my car is red.
But this contest was slightly interesting compared to previous ones with other cars which I was able to nip in the bud so early that they were boring.
This one, at least in a straight line acceleration was arguably competitive. So the 991's flat 6 had no trouble keeping up with or marginally beating the V12 biturbo hugely disadvantaged by its enormous weight. In the handling context there is no doubt the amg would have taken a beating.

I have completed break in mileage now without following text book break in procedures.

Top speed achieved so far is 242km/hr and I can say the steering remains very stable in speeds in excess of 200km/hr.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
wild break in stories.

i visited the almost mine 991.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 PM
hed
hed is a jewel in the roughhed is a jewel in the roughhed is a jewel in the rough
Getting use to the 991 as a DD. This Thursday dropping the car off at the dealer for recall fix and then tinting. Clear sidelights are ordered and on the way. Trying to find a decent deal on 20" Carrera Classics to replace my Sport Design wheels. Then my upgrades will be complete... I think

Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by hed
Getting use to the 991 as a DD. This Thursday dropping the car off at the dealer for recall fix and then tinting. Clear sidelights are ordered and on the way. Trying to find a decent deal on 20" Carrera Classics to replace my Sport Design wheels. Then my upgrades will be complete... I think

i am trying to swap out the stock for a set of carerra classics - on the red car, the stock wheel is too bright. i like the toned down grays of the classic

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 today?