Carrera 4S spotted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:56 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Say it ain't so! LOL

The only thing that could be worse is that it won't be a wide body!
Talk about wasting time waiting for that might never happen...

I BELIEVE... for now.

Oh BTW I didn't read any reason why they state that this IS the new C4S... did you?

Cheers!
yeah, i don`t know how reliable the sources are. there were 3 car sites on the internet with different pics, who posted that 991 C4 story today.
i wonder how they got in touch all those different pics, maybe Porsche itself... i hope we will see more test mules of the 4s in the upcomig weeks, i`d also love to see test mules of the next targa and its new roof system.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
techart has a modded back and it would be easy to make the whole space between the rear lights and below the spoiler a wide red reflector like the 996. can't remember where i saw the pic but i did post the thought on the thread at the time

Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 PM
GTS-R is on a distinguished road
The car pictured is not a widebody. The widebody cars have a lower sill attachment as seen with the spy photos of the 991 turbo. The car pictured has side sills similar to the 991 S.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
These are not C4 pics, it will have a strip and be wider.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 PM
muifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by uhn2000
The reflector strip usually appears after the mid-cycle refresh. So, I'd expect a few years from now.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by muifast
The reflector strip usually appears after the mid-cycle refresh. So, I'd expect a few years from now.
I'm kinda hoping that it'll be like with the 996, starting at the first gen. for the strip and that it will have the turbo front end...
If not guess I'll have to start my custom work with that reflector strip!

Wish they would release the damn thing already!

Old 04-27-2012, 12:38 AM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Agree taillights are not level. The white rendering now appears fake to me.

Yeah I saw this earlier but like others I'm having a hard time seeing this is a C4S... wondering what they based their "knowledge/opinion on to say this is definitively the C4S?

The pics I've got on my computer screen to grand me the patience in my wait for the C4S are these 2, the black has a lot of camo and the white one is a render of a C2S but still... that's what I'm holding out for.
It seems to be working.

Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
i think it will come without the red reflector stripe.
the taillights are not level with the space between them.
it would look dumb with such a stripe, also there is too much lettering imho for an additional stripe.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uhn2000
You must not be very familiar with Test mules...They are designed to fool the public and NOT show you exactly what the production vehicle will look like. To me, there is no reason they'd be testing a C2/C2S and trying to hide it's identity at this point as they're both CURRENTLY already in production! This is obviously a C4 or C4S. In the past, Porsche has used the narrow bodies for the C4 (first version of the 996's, Pre-2002) then went to the widebody with the C4S. Also, the C4 was available as a narrow body car back in the 993 days. So any speculations at this point is exactly that...Speculation! Now, we can definitely make some educated guesses by taking cues from current lineup cars and past cars, but Porsche does like to throw a surprise out there every once in a while, just to keep us on our toes. As for the center strip, don't be surprised if we don't see it on the 991 as the rear lights in their current configuration with the bumper, do not appear to be designed with it's use being incorporated. That being said, it'd be pretty simple for Porsche to come out with a new bumper with a redesign allowing the redesign to keep with the current lines and use the strip. But as many have said, the strip has been known to be a mid/end of cycle addition to add flair to an aging car. Only time will tell and luckily that time is coming soon!

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 04-27-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
pxaxh has a spectacular aura aboutpxaxh has a spectacular aura aboutpxaxh has a spectacular aura about
a quick render of the C4S

Name:  tUsWW.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  99.2 KB

Last edited by pxaxh; 04-28-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:08 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
As much as we all WANT to see the reflector bar, I'm not confident it will happen. With that said, if the C4 is wider, then it will require a different rear bumper cover. If that happens, then it would be easy for Porsche to design it to insert the bar in such a way that it negates this crease, if not having the crease part of the reflector bar shape.

Come on...if they are designing rear taillights with the rear spoiler crease built into them (981), then I'm sure they can but a much loved design cue into the Carrera 4 model.

It's all a matter of if Porsche WANTS to...not if they can produce a clean design.

Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
i think it will come without the red reflector stripe.
the taillights are not level with the space between them.
it would look dumb with such a stripe, also there is too much lettering imho for an additional stripe.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
In the past, Porsche has used the narrow bodies for the C4 (first version of the 996's, Pre-2002) then went to the widebody with the C4S. Also, the C4 was available as a narrow body car back in the 993 days. So any speculations at this point is exactly that...Speculation! Now, we can definitely make some educated guesses by taking cues from current lineup cars and past cars, but Porsche does like to throw a surprise out there every once in a while, just to keep us on our toes. As for the center strip, don't be surprised if we don't see it on the 991 as the rear lights in their current configuration with the bumper, do not appear to be designed with it's use being incorporated. That being said, it'd be pretty simple for Porsche to come out with a new bumper with a redesign allowing the redesign to keep with the current lines and use the strip. But as many have said, the strip has been known to be a mid/end of cycle addition to add flair to an aging car. Only time will tell and luckily that time is coming soon!
Hey Scott how are ya!
From what I've seen (and has been confirmed by mags) most of the C4S test mules thus far have been camo'd turbo's with a sticker air intake to throw us off...

My dealer told me the new C4S will definitely be a wide body and Matthias Muller stated "if you like the width of the narrow body wait till you see what we've got in store for the wide body..." I'm para-phrasing but it sounded very promising.

Also if you look at the 996 C4S and Turbo they have different tail light from the narrow body variants which allows for a more aggressive line and the integration of the reflector strip not to mention they share the same rear (and front) bumper cover.

I read that unlike the 997 design (for the C4S and Targa) Porsche is suppose to go back to sharing cosmetic components between the Turbo and C4s for the 991, the same goes for the Targa design which will have a lift-out roof of previous generations...
We'll see, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by dallascajun
As much as we all WANT to see the reflector bar, I'm not confident it will happen. With that said, if the C4 is wider, then it will require a different rear bumper cover. If that happens, then it would be easy for Porsche to design it to insert the bar in such a way that it negates this crease, if not having the crease part of the reflector bar shape.

Come on...if they are designing rear taillights with the rear spoiler crease built into them (981), then I'm sure they can but a much loved design cue into the Carrera 4 model.

It's all a matter of if Porsche WANTS to...not if they can produce a clean design.
Agreed, anything is possible!
Just to forgo any confusion though we are talking about the C4S wide body not the C4 narrow body.

Cheers.

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 04-27-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Great job pxaxh!
LOVE IT!!!

And yeah, welcome to 6!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 04-27-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pxaxh
welcome, great first post, rep. points!

Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future

Just to forgo any confusion though we are talking about the C4S wide body not the C4 narrow body.

Cheers.
If the C4 and C4S have different rear ends, then my wish would be to see the C2S get a WB while the C2 the NB. Wasn't the 993 similar? S-models received WB treatment?

Since the C2 and C2S have launched as NB cars, my assumption that won't be the case unless Porsche decides to launch a 'Turbo-bodystyle' option (which I think I've seen rumors suggesting that).

Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by dallascajun
If the C4 and C4S have different rear ends, then my wish would be to see the C2S get a WB while the C2 the NB. Wasn't the 993 similar? S-models received WB treatment?

Since the C2 and C2S have launched as NB cars, my assumption that won't be the case unless Porsche decides to launch a 'Turbo-bodystyle' option (which I think I've seen rumors suggesting that).
Agreed i would have bought a C2S wide body... or better yet have a C4S with a button which allows you to chose between AWD and RWD!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Carrera 4S spotted