Alu glass roof, any live pictures ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
FWIW, my steel roof car build date has today been brought forward from 20th Sept to 7th Sept.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:40 PM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Haku
FWIW, my steel roof car build date has today been brought forward from 20th Sept to 7th Sept.
Makes sense when you consider that all the folks that ordered the glass s/r (except me) have been moved to the end of the line

Last edited by TSpyder; 08-01-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:36 AM
zzboba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by airwave
I directly called Porsche Stuttgart, there is actually a special service number where you can address your complaints and i mentioned the enormous delay! I received an answer and they told me 1. i added the Sport Exhaust (3 weeks delay), 2. the glass roof (4 weeks delay) and 3. factory holidays (3 weeks no production).... we'll c - i'm still trying to get delivery date changed.....
Hm, doesn't make too much sense that delay of parts accumulate or does it? They are waiting three weeks for the SE, and then an another four weeks for the sunroof?

My guess is that they really have issues with the sunroof...

Old 08-01-2012, 04:17 AM
airwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to beholdairwave is a splendid one to behold
Actually they have a bottleneck with delivery of the glass roof, there is no tech nor quality problem reported ! i think in total approx 8 weeks delay

Old 08-01-2012, 10:40 AM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by airwave
Actually they have a bottleneck with delivery of the glass roof, there is no tech nor quality problem reported !......
+1. Mine works perfectly

Old 08-11-2012, 02:05 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Went down to my local dealer this morning to have a look at the glass sunroof on the 991 that they just got in. Looks great!! It makes a huge difference by brightening up the interior and the sun shade works really well. I forgot to bring my phone along otherwise would have taken a picture of it.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
This from z356 on another forum:
"Porsche GB today issued a notice all dealers saying:'Due to shortages and quality problems at suppliers please be informed that Germany have blocked Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof (653) and also Painted wheels in exterior colour CRX, XD9 and XDA for new orders.' " Option #653 is the new glass sunroof option!"

Old 08-11-2012, 07:53 PM
hepmonk will become famous soon enoughhepmonk will become famous soon enough
Pics of glass sunroof on racing yellow - fantastic!

I just love the glass sunroof! The contrast between the yellow and the black is great. Have had my Carrera for a week now and it's simply amazing, well worth the wait.

Attached Images    
Old 08-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Dino11216 is on a distinguished road
needs darker wheels, imo.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:32 PM
hepmonk will become famous soon enoughhepmonk will become famous soon enough
Dino11216, I tend to agree. I might platinum wheels someday.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TSpyder
I believe that the glass s/r retracts the same as the steel version. Obvious difference is the addition of a motorized shade which you'd think might intrude on headroom. But, I'm 6'1" and have plenty of headroom.

One more from the Dolomiti with the s/r retracted ...

Best feature of the glass s/r IMO is driving at speed with the shade drawn. There's such a large expanse of natural light streaming into the cabin from above (much larger than with just the s/r retracted) that it really opens up the car w/o the disadvantage of wind-buffeting, etc..

Spyder
That's what's great about the previous two versions of the targa! Pretty cool. Is that as far as the sun roof opens? Beautiful car!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Thx. The image was taken in the Dolomiti before returning the car to the factory. Yes, the s/r is fully retracted in this shot.

Spyder

Old 12-04-2012, 08:04 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
What a treat that must be!