Aux Bluetooth and IPhone Music/Pandora

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Aux Bluetooth and IPhone Music/Pandora

I was using a USB connection to my Iphone to play Pandora, internet radio stations and music stored on the phone. The wire was annoying. This afternoon I discovered (forgive me if this was previously posted, i searched and did not find it) that I can establish two Bluetooth connections with the IPhone, the first being the telephone connection, the second, Aux Bluetooth.

With the phone already connected for my Verizon service, I linked the Aux Bluetooth in the PCM source access. The car had to be restarted to link for the first time.

Now I can keep the phone in my pocket or on a charger in the center console and receive and send telephone calls as well as play music or anything else available on the internet like Pandora, NPR or podcasts and radio stations on a free app called Tunein Radio.

I am "grandfathered" on Verizon and have - until they decide to screw me - unlimited data.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:30 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
Yas...a bleedover from VW. I have been enjoying this feature on my GOLF for awhile. I look forward to having it on my 991 cab WHENEVER it gets here. My Boxster Spyder had bluetooth for the phone, but not the music