2000kms-1K more to go until completion of break in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 12:54 AM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
2000kms-1K more to go until completion of break in

Man it has been really tough trying to follow Porsche's recommended break in schedule. Have 2k on the dial and the last 1k seems like it is going to take forever.

Has anyone else been following the manufactures break in suggestion of 3k and keeping below 4200 rpm. I have gone slightly over that but not much more. How does it feel to drive it close to redline? I guess I will soon find out.

Well hope all you fellow 991 owners are enjoying your new rides I sure am. The sound of the PSE matched with the 7spd tranny have been a real treat.

Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:48 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
who does break in's anymore? drive it like you would ever day..

been doing that last 7 porsches, no problems.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:57 AM
CS2K will become famous soon enough
i drove it like i stole it right from the dealer

car already comes stressed and broken in

drive it like its suppose to be driven ,, HARD & Fast

Old 06-29-2012, 02:45 AM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
During the ED factory tour, katmai, who had already had his delivery brief, mentioned that he was advised that no break-in restrictions, other then varying rpms, were needed. I didn't ask about it explicitly, but my briefer also only mentioned to avoid long periods at the same engine speed. Consequently, I've been varying my speed between 80 and 120 mph on the autobahns/stradas in Germany and Italy. Going much slower in Switzerland and France where speed limits are more rigidly enforced.

Spyder

Old 06-29-2012, 05:19 AM
G997 is on a distinguished road
Never ever baby a car when new. Mark sure the motor is warmed up and drive it hard, varying the load and rpm's

Old 06-29-2012, 05:50 AM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TSpyder
During the ED factory tour, katmai, who had already had his delivery brief, mentioned that he was advised that no break-in restrictions, other then varying rpms, were needed. I didn't ask about it explicitly, but my briefer also only mentioned to avoid long periods at the same engine speed. Consequently, I've been varying my speed between 80 and 120 mph on the autobahns/stradas in Germany and Italy. Going much slower in Switzerland and France where speed limits are more rigidly enforced.

Spyder
hmm... I have a concern then. I have to drive from NJ to NoVA the day after I pick up my baby. should I drive as if I were driving in the local street, but just make it faster? that is keep constantly changing gears 5-7 varying RPM?

Old 06-29-2012, 05:54 AM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TOPorschefan
Man it has been really tough trying to follow Porsche's recommended break in schedule. Have 2k on the dial and the last 1k seems like it is going to take forever.

Has anyone else been following the manufactures break in suggestion of 3k and keeping below 4200 rpm. I have gone slightly over that but not much more. How does it feel to drive it close to redline? I guess I will soon find out.

Well hope all you fellow 991 owners are enjoying your new rides I sure am. The sound of the PSE matched with the 7spd tranny have been a real treat.
If it's 2k now isn't it OK to assume that the car is pretty much ready to be driven harder and faster?

Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I agree that varying RPM is important. I picked up my car in San Antonio and drove it back to Dallas. Rather than come back I35 freeway, I drove it up the hill country back roads which went through towns and had a speed range from 25 to 80. I also am observing the 4200 RPM limit even though I am dying to feel the cam kick in and see how much it likes to breath at 7400 RPM.

ChuckJ

Old 07-02-2012, 09:44 PM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
Thanks for the feedback guys! I am planning on keeping the car so I figure its not going to kill me to be gentle for another 1000kms. That being said I am sure the needle will go past 4200 rpm on occasion. Not sure if it is just me or there is so many more police doing radar these days.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 AM
dr.skp.ortho will become famous soon enough
In my owner's manual for the Australia spec 991S the break-in intructions doesn't mention any RPM restrictions. In the same manual for other markets it mentions not to exceed 4200rpm. Strange?!?

Old 07-03-2012, 07:53 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
who does break in's anymore? Drive it like you would ever day..
+1

Originally Posted by cs2k
i drove it like i stole it right from the dealer

car already comes stressed and broken in

drive it like its suppose to be driven ,, hard & fast
+2

Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
I suggest using launch control to leave the dealer lot.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flyanddive
Only if your check is rubber!!

ChuckJ

Old 07-03-2012, 06:42 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by flyanddive
I love it!

Porsche
Breaks em in on the bench, never exceed 4k until warm then knock yourself out

Old 07-04-2012, 12:48 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
I have to say I tried to follow the restrictions for the first 1000 miles but I also believe in hitting close to redline at least a few times between 500 and 1000 miles ... Once I hit 1000 miles I have been revving it up quite a bit and the car feels incredible.

Sorry but in the USA they want us to hit 2000 miles which is just insane ....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2000kms-1K more to go until completion of break in