Front end sounds like it's falling out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:39 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Yep, it's the geometry. Same issue with the C6 Corvette.

ChuckJ
and the R8

and the f430

and the DB9...

in my experience.

It's certainly an annoying trait, but it is "normal".

Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Snowczar
When I took delivery my sales rep advised the chatter will happen with the Summer tires (20") are turned hard over when cold (he said below 40' F) and so they do. It's a an issue with the tire compound and the tire being below operating normal level. Only does it first thing on cold morning when I back out of driveway. Once temp up then no issue.

The Pirelli's for the 20" 991 application are/were a special make/design/model (or whatever) for the 991 so that's why other tires don't have the problem. It's particular to the 20" for the 991

John in Vancouver
I've certainly experienced judder/hopping when turning sharply backing out of my driveway on my 19's as well when it's colder. At upper-40's+ it seems to go away, at least I haven't noticed it when it's warmer and definitely have when it's colder, but given that they're summer tires and not all-season, I expected it based on other comments I've seen concerning the hardness of the rubber at low temps.

rnl, not sure why something like this would be happening when it's 90 degrees out, so maybe there's something specifically wrong with your suspension or tires? Or maybe the 19's are quicker to not do this when it gets warmer? For that matter, maybe I'll hear something when it gets to be 90 degrees out - guess I'll see.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:00 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mrstep
I've certainly experienced judder/hopping when turning sharply backing out of my driveway on my 19's as well when it's colder. At upper-40's+ it seems to go away, at least I haven't noticed it when it's warmer and definitely have when it's colder, but given that they're summer tires and not all-season, I expected it based on other comments I've seen concerning the hardness of the rubber at low temps.

rnl, not sure why something like this would be happening when it's 90 degrees out, so maybe there's something specifically wrong with your suspension or tires? Or maybe the 19's are quicker to not do this when it gets warmer? For that matter, maybe I'll hear something when it gets to be 90 degrees out - guess I'll see.
19's are winter tires...never skipped.
20's skip in all temperatures...that's 40s up.

as I experienced no problems with the 19's, i doubt that it's the suspension

thanks