Surprising discovery...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 04:51 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Not from what I have read about the rev matching feature.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Nine XI is infamous around these partsNine XI is infamous around these parts
That is awesome news that the rev matching is included in the latest builds. You sure yours is 2-wheel drive, maybe you should find a slick surface and test it

Old 11-23-2012, 06:13 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the 4 S badging was just a factory booboo...

Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 AM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Originally Posted by DBYT
So I took the car out today and put it in Sport Plus mode for the very first time. When I was approaching an intersection, I engaged the clutch and downshifted but before I could blip the throttle, the car blipped the throttle for me!!! WTF!!

I did it a few more times to make sure I wasn't imagining things and the car did the rev matching for me!

I thought this feature was only being installed in the C4S! Any one else with a 2013 manual experience this rev matching in sport plus mode?
I have a 2013 CS 7 speed manual as well. I believe it was built in August 2012... I will check the build date on the door.... I wonder if it has the feature??

Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 PM
n17mm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by m5_2010
I have a 2013 CS 7 speed manual as well. I believe it was built in August 2012... I will check the build date on the door.... I wonder if it has the feature??
Sorry to say, I doubt it. My build was the end of Aug 2012 for a Euro delivery and I am pretty sure that I do not have it. Do not yet have my car, supposed to arrive in the port on Dec 3rd.

I knew about this feature before we left for the delivery. My dealer was unaware of the rev matching feature and could not tell me if it was on my car.
At pickup in Stuttgart the Porsche delivery person could not tell me if it was on my car, he didn't know what it was either. Only by driving it could I verify that I do not have it. If you intend to track your car, having it on Sport Plus only is a great thing.

What is interesting here is the disconnect between the dealers and the factory. How many features has the "community" known about long before the dealers have any idea of what is happening? Not only that, but the dealers do not have anybody they can call to find out. It appears that the factory sales rep is virtually the only contact to Porsche. Unbelievable.

Fred S.
S-7MT

Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
I wasn't going to get another Porsche with a stick because of the fact that I find the brake pedal position is too high for me to comfortably heel and toe. I can do it but not nearly as intuitive as doing it in say a Lotus Elise and Dodge Viper, but now with the car blipping the throttle for me, I may reconsider going w/ a manual 991GT3 (if manuals will be available in the 991GT3).

Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Has anyone found this feature on their recently manufactured manual carrera S?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered PM
Formula1fan is infamous around these parts
Hi, my 7 spd had a build date of 10/6 and I took delivery on 11/14 and it does have the rev-matching feature. Very pleased, and to think I was upset that my car was delayed 3 months for the glass sunroof!

Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Formula1fan
Hi, my 7 spd had a build date of 10/6 and I took delivery on 11/14 and it does have the rev-matching feature. Very pleased, and to think I was upset that my car was delayed 3 months for the glass sunroof!
Welcome to the forum and glad I am not the only one with this feature!

Old 11-29-2012, 09:31 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
I think it would be a neat feature to have the option of using. Thanks Formula1Fan for letting us know and congrats on your car Welcome to 6speed

Old 11-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Welcome to the forum and glad I am not the only one with this feature!
This feature AND glass sunroof like formula1fan

Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Registered PM
Formula1fan is infamous around these parts
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. Only have 200 miles on the car but I am really enjoying it so far. A little bit different than my 997.2 but in a good way.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:26 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
So I took the car out today and put it in Sport Plus mode for the very first time. When I was approaching an intersection, I engaged the clutch and downshifted but before I could blip the throttle, the car blipped the throttle for me!!! WTF!!

I did it a few more times to make sure I wasn't imagining things and the car did the rev matching for me!

I thought this feature was only being installed in the C4S! Any one else with a 2013 manual experience this rev matching in sport plus mode?
I have an early March 2012 (vin is .......1636) build and mine has the feature. It was on the thes car I drove on 2/14/12 as well. It is very cool.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
All of the PDK cars will rev match the downshifts.

In this thread they are talking about the new feature that does it on the 7-speed manual. It was announced with the Carrera 4, but seems to be making it's way into C2 models right away.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brianja
All of the PDK cars will rev match the downshifts.

In this thread they are talking about the new feature that does it on the 7-speed manual. It was announced with the Carrera 4, but seems to be making it's way into C2 models right away.
I missed the memo!. Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Surprising discovery...