engine control module fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:40 AM
tmukherjee66 is on a distinguished road
engine control module fault

2nd time this has occured. Early delivery C2S cab. First happened after left rear snow tire had slow leak and a large metal bolt had entered tread ($%*&ing Route 3 in NJ). Did not think road debris had any connection to fault light. Paul Miller suggested that gas cap was not tightened (not the case...besides i check myself). Fault resolved spontaneously after 24 hours. If fault had not resolved they would have to thoroughly inspect exhaust, emission controls etc.to see if there was a leak.
This time around as the last engine runs fine no issues but i plan to take it in next week instead of rushing over. any experience with this issue?

Old 02-01-2013, 06:44 AM
E550 is on a distinguished road
The Fault message has popped up twice for me, each time after getting a car wash. The first time I took it to the dealership and they kept the car for a couple of days, ran some diagnostics and told me the throttle control was malfunctioning, interestingly enough, no parts were changed/ordered and everything was fine when I received it.
The second time, after getting a car wash, the fault showed-up and then went away after 24 hours.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 AM
tmukherjee66 is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I'll probably keep driving it this week and take it in when its convenient next week. Maybe i'll sprinkle a little holy water on it.