Driver side rattles / HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 AM
aljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud of
Driver side rattles / HELP

Hi ,

i keep hearing some anoyyig rattles from the driver side but i find it very hard to locate where the sound is coming from. am not sure whether its the door or the seatbelt or what

am asking for help as am taking the car for the first 1500 kilos check up and i want to mention these rattles for the dealer, and am sure many of you experinced very similar rattles and knows the source of that

and idea what could that be ?

Old 02-03-2013, 02:13 AM
aljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud of
To be more specific it’s in the back side area of the driver’s door, seat belt is always fastened so am not sure where these rattles are coming from

Old 02-03-2013, 05:34 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by aljaberh
To be more specific it’s in the back side area of the driver’s door, seat belt is always fastened so am not sure where these rattles are coming from
Not being there I don't really know if it is the same thing that I had. My rattle sounded almost like a loose speaker under pressure from bass notes, but was there when the radio was off. It turned out to be a loose clip on the door panel (e.g. "card").

The dealer removed and "tightened" it and it was gone- for a month. The second time they ordered a new panel as the "clip was broken". It had to be manufactured and took a couple of months to arive and now the rattle is gone.

(The car would be once again "perfect/solid as a rock" had they not scuffed the leather and so am awaiting the new replacement, but that is another story).

Old 02-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
It's probably one of those things that they will need to drive (or be driven around in) to figure out.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:37 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
My drivers side rear seat was rattling like it was loose. The tech added some line to the latch on the seat and felt tape. No rattles now. Basically h just drives it, hears the issue, fixes it, and voila! It's all done. The tech guys and the dealership itself try their best to make everything perfect for you.