Rear windscreen tint anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Rear windscreen tint anyone?

Would like to ask if anyone here has tinted their rear windscreen?

At times when pax do sit at the back they always complain how hot it gets as even my daughter said daddy its so HOT! So if anyone has tinted, please share your experience and if there is anything I should be aware of before heading out to shop.

Thanks!

J

Old 02-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I've tinted mine, just like on my previous cars, all non Pcars. It's just a regular tint, nothing to it. The heat will be cut back some and it will help preserve your interior colors better in the long run. Especially if you live in the southern states, or countries, its almost mandatory at times.

On the other hand I do love the clean look of no tinting, but I like the cooler temperature much better.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:45 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
I always tint my cars, the installer is the most important part. Find someone that knows what he/she is doing and its a simple process.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:16 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
I've tinted mine, just like on my previous cars, all non Pcars. It's just a regular tint, nothing to it. The heat will be cut back some and it will help preserve your interior colors better in the long run. Especially if you live in the southern states, or countries, its almost mandatory at times.

On the other hand I do love the clean look of no tinting, but I like the cooler temperature much better.
I thought the new P-car's came with "special" glass that cuts down on UV light light and reflects heat so that the interior stays cooler. Thought this was standard, or am I wrong?

Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
I think the thermal glass option is only for the Cayenne, correct me if I'm wrong.