Old 03-04-2013, 07:52 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
deal breaker for me: no back seats :-(

Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Ajax-Prime will become famous soon enough
UK press pack link from Piston Heads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=27250

Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Is it just me or does the new spoke design look like a flower instead of something aggressive that would befitting a sports car

Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
I did not think I'd be interested in the new GT3.
I was wrong. Clearly Porsche is taking this seriously.
Now I just got to get used to the wing. Somehow I just don't like it. Would not mind a GT3 with the clean, elegant lines of the Carrera...

Rainier

Old 03-05-2013, 03:11 AM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ajax-Prime
I haven't watched that video yet, but have been on the microsite and read a couple of articles.

I have a sneaking suspicion that '475HP Maximum' will not equate to '475HP Standard' for $130k. My bet, and God I hope I'm wrong, is that it's going to take an X-51 type package to get the power up to 475.
It is 475HP standard.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-gt3/

Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 AM
DKC
DKC is on a distinguished road
When I heard that they have swapped the direction of the shifter, my reaction was "Finally!"

I also hope there will be a way for this to be swapped for the normal Carrera.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:16 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Everything the 991 cars lack. This car promises to be very visceral.

Love it.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 AM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
hey black penguin have you every driven a 991?

Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Riddle me this:

Carerra S Base Price 100k
Power Kit 18k

Total: 118k with no other option

GT3 Price 130k with all the goodies and options plus, 45 more HP than the Powerkit one.

Why would anyone get the Powerkit?

Old 03-05-2013, 06:52 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rainier
I did not think I'd be interested in the new GT3.
I was wrong. Clearly Porsche is taking this seriously.
Now I just got to get used to the wing. Somehow I just don't like it. Would not mind a GT3 with the clean, elegant lines of the Carrera...

Rainier
That's always been my hangup with the GT3 too (and Turbo, to a lesser extent). Without the wing I'd be itching for one too... in a few yrs when they CPO.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Although I'm not a huge fan of the wing, it's only a matter of time before I capitulate and order one of these evil babies. I actually quite like the fact that the new GT3 is a bit more dd compliant and yet very track worthy.

As a side note. In the EVO vid interview Mr P stated that the GT3 has no front body roll and therefore made the inclusion of pdcc irrelevant. It reinforces my conviction that pdcc is of significant benefit to handling on standard 991's.

Here's another vid:

Old 03-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Haku
.As a side note. In the EVO vid interview Mr P stated that the GT3 has no front body roll and therefore made the inclusion of pdcc irrelevant. It reinforces my conviction that pdcc is of significant benefit to handling on standard 991's.
Not quite.
exclude the SPASM from that statement. SPASM without PDCC has virtually no body roll, dive or squat.
SPASM with PDCC has both considerably softer springs and softer torsion bar and needs PDCC to cancel the roll (but gets the added advantage of a softer ride - that is really what PDCC is buying you in this context).
GT3 suspension should be very similar to SPASM w/o PDCC. My guess. If it is - I like it already...

Rainier

Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Very attractive car! Thanks for posting!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
I wonder if you are going to be able to update the steering software on the carrera's if the GT3 update is so much better as they claim?

I'm going to wait for the turbo before I make my decision, I think that's going to be the car to get.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:17 AM
tipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud oftipsyhemi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by frank69m
Riddle me this:

Carerra S Base Price 100k
Power Kit 18k

Total: 118k with no other option

GT3 Price 130k with all the goodies and options plus, 45 more HP than the Powerkit one.

Why would anyone get the Powerkit?
i dont think anyone can tell you why the powerkit exists.

but it does and has, for a very long time

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 pics revealed