Arrrrrrguhhhh!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:08 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch, but glad you have it sorted.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:59 PM
cchan will become famous soon enoughcchan will become famous soon enough
I was quoted about $1300 for 5 years tire+wheel "deluxe" coverage (max $5,000 reimbursement for claims).
The "standard" 5yr policy was only $900 but has a max of $1200 in claims... what's the point in that one if it only provides $300 more in reimbursements?!?
The 3 year policies were only about $100 less.
If it's the same underwriter as I've had before, there is a cancellation feature where you can get a prorated refund if you don't have the car anymore.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fantom
Do all Porsche dealers use the same 3rd party insurance company?

I was quoted $1,500 for five years coverage, and they said I had to purchase it when I was picking up my car.
There are multiple levels but I think they are based on number of years. Also there are three different companies they go through for the warranties.

I also think he meant had to get it during purchase and not able to add it on later.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:00 PM
boostingwild is on a distinguished road
you are lucky you got that insurance

Old 04-12-2013, 06:38 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
it must have had to be an option.

Originally Posted by rnl
...that's odd....you may always decline such coverage.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
I didn't know they cover cosmetic damage. my understanding was that they will only cover if your rim is so much damaged you can't drive or something.

anyway i'm glad you got that covered and no need to worry paying for the damage.

Originally Posted by rnl
Bad news is that i scraped up the front driver's side wheel, good news is that I sprung for the tire and wheel insurance.

It was just over 1300; 5 years of tire, wheel, body ding, window chip, key replacement, towing and other stuff coverage.

Wow, was that easy to do. I misjudged a narrow entry into a bank drive up and presto, boom, scrunch and scrape, the wheel was damaged. Submitted the claim, dealer will take care of it for me.

This was the first speciality/warranty type insurance I ever bought as I believed and still believe they are overpriced and not generally worth the cost. I convinced myself to buy it as the wheels on this car are really expensive to replace.

Notwithstanding my low opinion of insurance companies, the fact that I had the coverage was strangely soothing. Although the benefit (probably would have cost about 500 to fix the wheel) is less than the cost, the fact of the coverage was calming - i didn't freak out that I damaged my car, not even a little bit.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:46 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tachyon
I didn't know they cover cosmetic damage. my understanding was that they will only cover if your rim is so much damaged you can't drive or something.

anyway i'm glad you got that covered and no need to worry paying for the damage.
You need to read the policy before you buy They vary and I understand that you can buy them from other than your dealer.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:55 AM
fantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura aboutfantom has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
I also think he meant had to get it during purchase and not able to add it on later.
That's correct. I HAD to decide to purchase the coverage when the car was delivered. Sorry for any confusion.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:44 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BrandonH
To repair a scratch on a wheel is about $100....and it'll look like new.
+1...$75 in this area and you can't tell where it was after. I've had to do it on all my previous cars at one time or another fortunately the 991 hasn't needed it...yet!

Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 PM
tahoe_joe has a spectacular aura abouttahoe_joe has a spectacular aura about
rnl,
who did you buy the insurance from - dealer or after market 3rd party?

also, who is the underwriter (perhaps it can be obtained cheaper by going direct to the underwriter)?

i'm picking up my new C2S in about a month, and am interested in learning more about such coverage.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:05 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Dealer. I'll pm you with details.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:31 PM
rnl
It's at the dealer. Tech told me scratches are not significant and that should be just fine - easy to fix. Will post photos tomorrow. Driving a Hybrid Cayenne now. Odd car

Old 04-17-2013, 03:50 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rnl
Driving a Hybrid Cayenne now. Odd car
hehe, thats a little different for sure. Glad it's easily fixed, good deal.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:00 PM
rnl
Just picked up the car and I can't find the scratches on the wheel. that's the good news, the bad news is that they did a very poor job of clear coating. there are bubbles in the spoke creases and the surface of the wheel is not smooth.The will be correcting this. Frankly, I just don't get it. Somebody obviously spent a lot of time and care to remove every scratch from the wheel, the paint job looks flawless and then they f up the clear coat? huh?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Know that it has to be frustrating to get 80% of the job done great and the final 20% done poorly. Take it back and have them fix it -- an extra trip for you -- it sucks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.