SouthEast - Tail of the Dragon Meetup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:44 AM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
I have coveted this upcoming event for many weeks but unfortunately for me it will not come to pass...I was navigating my anniversary(8th) with my daughters' HS graduation(10th) and not giving enough consideration to my wife's needing me to be around for preparation for the post grad party she is planning. She laughed when i said I could get there and back in one day and said something to the effect of "No Way!". Hopefully this event will repeat itself.

The Irony is I may be taking my daughter to orientation at UGA on the 12th and may take a drive up there while i am there!

Enjoy and be safe.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by braindoc1
I have coveted this upcoming event for many weeks but unfortunately for me it will not come to pass...I was navigating my anniversary(8th) with my daughters' HS graduation(10th) and not giving enough consideration to my wife's needing me to be around for preparation for the post grad party she is planning. She laughed when i said I could get there and back in one day and said something to the effect of "No Way!". Hopefully this event will repeat itself.

The Irony is I may be taking my daughter to orientation at UGA on the 12th and may take a drive up there while i am there!

Enjoy and be safe.
Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it this weekend. A route you might consider taking to or from Athens for a good Porsche ride could be: Greensboro > Asheville > Highlands/Cashiers, NC > Athens (UGA). either inbound or reverse going home. There are some excellent driving roads between Asheville and Highlands/Cashiers, NC. She wants to be a BULLDOG not a TARHEED??

Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
I have coveted this upcoming event for many weeks but unfortunately for me it will not come to pass...
Totally understand.... family first is best.
I'm sure there'll be other events for the group.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Sunday will be here soon! It is still time to sign up for the meet! just PM me or email me at SM4ATL@gmail .com!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by windboat
Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it this weekend. A route you might consider taking to or from Athens for a good Porsche ride could be: Greensboro > Asheville > Highlands/Cashiers, NC > Athens (UGA). either inbound or reverse going home. There are some excellent driving roads between Asheville and Highlands/Cashiers, NC. She wants to be a BULLDOG not a TARHEED??
Much to her mother's and my chagrin( both tarheel alumni) she wanted to do something different. She had good choices in her acceptances( UNC, Wake, USC etc. ) but didn't want to go where 30 other students in her class were going. Regardless, we are excited to join in supporting the Dawg nation!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:34 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Much to her mother's and my chagrin( both tarheel alumni) she wanted to do something different. She had good choices in her acceptances( UNC, Wake, USC etc. ) but didn't want to go where 30 other students in her class were going. Regardless, we are excited to join in supporting the Dawg nation!
She will really like Athens. For dinner try 5&10 http://fiveandten.com/ or THE NATIONAL, both excellent. 5&10 is a JAMES BEARD AWARD winner.

Last edited by windboat; 06-06-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:26 PM
She will really like Athens. For dinner try 5&10 http://fiveandten.com/ or THE NATIONAL, both excellent. 5&10 is a JAMES BEARD AWARD winner.
Thanks! definitely will check it out. In reference to your advice regarding routes down there, I have driven the track through Highlands/cashiers and it is awesome...the rate limiting factor was I did have my wife in the car and it was a weekend, so I had to behave!

Old 06-08-2013, 07:13 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Meet is tomorrow! About a dozen participants so far... still time to join!
PM me or email me at SM4ATL@gmail.com for more info.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:30 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Speeding ticket extravaganza waiting to happen?

Old 06-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Not our goal! Nice ride on twisties with cool people and beautiful cars should be enough to make us happy!
Let's just hope LEO's will not judge the book by its cover

Old 06-08-2013, 01:02 PM
carcam will become famous soon enough
Already here! Should be a great day tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	250134  
Old 06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
...and then there were two!

BTW, carcam's PCCB's are simply phenomenal! A work of art.... I love them. He may find that they've mysteriously disappeared!

Attached Images    
Old 06-08-2013, 07:26 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoy you guys! And be safe out there!

Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
...and then there were two!
And now there are three, finished great dinner with new friends at Bluewater, tomorrow is going to be a great run for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Old 06-08-2013, 07:52 PM
And now there are three, finished great dinner with new friends at Bluewater, tomorrow is going to be a great run for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline
...here they be! Just a perfect evening with new friends. Serge and crew, have a safe drive to Robbinsville tomorrow. I hope all are tucked in bed for an early start tomorrow

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SouthEast - Tail of the Dragon Meetup