New shoes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 05:15 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
New shoes...

So I'm about to buy new wheels for the 991S, and as some of you know I'm a tuning addict that takes modding very seriously.

I decided to start with wheels and Tech Art springs (for now), and originally decided on a set of HRE's... the P44SC. However, I kinda feel that HRE's and BBS are somewhat "predictable" for 911's in general, so I'm exploring other options.

I'm a huge fan of Volk, and I had the fantastic TE37's on my supercharged e92 M3. I'm seriously contemplating to pick up another set for the 991. I'd go with 19's since I prefer to have a little more rubber to play with.

Now, I'm fully aware that many Porsche purists will get their panties in a bunch when they see a lowered 911 with japanese rims, but the TE's are light, strong, and simply incredible, and I haven't seen current 991 with those wheels.

Thoughts?

Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 AM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
I am in the same spot, looking top pick up a set of lightweight 19s for track and aggressive driving was looking at:

Advan RS, Advan RZ-DF, Breyton GTSR-PF and Klassen ID M52RI like the TE37, but I do feel they look don't look the best on our 991.

The Breyton are the lightest in the group, but the rear will rub the suspension, so can't go that route and price is great too at $600 close out on tirerack.

Must of the wheels above don't have correct fitment for 991, a lot of wheels for 997 will rub on rear suspension on 991, so becareful on that end.

The Klassen are custom made, but is like $6000, so I am still debating on what to get or just wait for more selection.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:45 AM
ArashApollo will become famous soon enoughArashApollo will become famous soon enough
To each their own, but I personally don't think those would look good on a 911. I love them on Japanese cars, but I feel like they don't compliment the 911. Would these be track only wheels or would you always have them on?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:30 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
I ran TE37s on my M3 for the track.

I will most likely get a set for the 991 as well, 19s. They are strong, lightweight, forged, and well priced.

Its going to be a track wheel, so Im not too worried about how they look. Can't go wrong with Volks.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by advantyper
I am in the same spot, looking top pick up a set of lightweight 19s for track and aggressive driving was looking at:

Advan RS, Advan RZ-DF, Breyton GTSR-PF and Klassen ID M52RI like the TE37, but I do feel they look don't look the best on our 991.

The Breyton are the lightest in the group, but the rear will rub the suspension, so can't go that route and price is great too at $600 close out on tirerack.

Must of the wheels above don't have correct fitment for 991, a lot of wheels for 997 will rub on rear suspension on 991, so becareful on that end.

The Klassen are custom made, but is like $6000, so I am still debating on what to get or just wait for more selection.
Totally forgot Advan... the Racing TCIII - very a light wheel and even 18's will clear up to 390mm rotors.

Originally Posted by ArashApollo
To each their own, but I personally don't think those would look good on a 911. I love them on Japanese cars, but I feel like they don't compliment the 911. Would these be track only wheels or would you always have them on?
Yeah, I'd run them daily as well. It is def not for everybody, but I'm thinking to mix it up a little. Everybody runs HRE's or BBS. However, I'm very tempted by the HRE's.

Originally Posted by STALKER
I ran TE37s on my M3 for the track.

I will most likely get a set for the 991 as well, 19s. They are strong, lightweight, forged, and well priced.

Its going to be a track wheel, so Im not too worried about how they look. Can't go wrong with Volks.
Yeah, I had them on the M3 as well, and I really like them. I need to research the available off-sets more though.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:00 PM
White991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really niceWhite991 is just really nice
I love volk racing wheels, they are light and well made. I had TE 37 on a type R Integra and a Progressiv ME on a BMW E92 before. I don't think the TE37 will look good on any Porsche. It just doesn't go. It's like wearing an Italian suit with Nike air basketball shoes. Only celebrity gets away with such combo

Old 04-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Oh... is this a challenge? Lol! I probably go with the HRE's anyway. I just have to hide the receipt from the wife.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Bacca911 will become famous soon enoughBacca911 will become famous soon enough
let us know how you like those techart springs

Old 04-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bacca911
let us know how you like those techart springs
I will... still need to have them installed. I'll post photos (before and after).

Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
0luke1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
I just have to hide the receipt from the wife.
I turn a blind eye to the pocket book and shoe receipts and she doesn't ask about the car and audio receipts.

I lost all complaining credibility when we were on vacation and I forgot my cigars, so I ordered a box of Cubans from my favorite French tropical island cigar store. They come fedex. My wife busted my chops for the entire vacation.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 PM
GTSLVR991S is on a distinguished road
Haha Italian suit with bball sneakers. Right on the money. I personally think the te37 are great, but like others have said look best on Japanese imports or m3 at best. To each their own, but my preference right now if I wanted to pull are the modulare b18. Insane looking wheel but at a premium. I honestly wouldn't get any other wheel cause the stock options are simply better to me.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:06 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
There are some wheels that look best on certain cars. BBS look best on Porsche and BMW imo. Work wheels look best on Japanese cars. But there are some models even in those brands that work well on any car.

As for the TE37 specifically, I think it's too tuner for the Porsche. The 911 is a luxury sport car. I don't like tuner wheels on luxury sport cars. I don't think 19's are best for the 991 911 either. Those I've seen look odd. The track ok but not tooling around town.

There are so many wheels out there to enhance a 991. Hard to suggest.
I still dig wide wheels with shiny rear lips. Not into concave with no lip wheels. My judgement won't help. In my mind a 911 with huge rear lips is about as sexy as a fine chick.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the input everybody! Yeah, I'm leaning towards the HRE's at this point. Still preferring 19's over 20' rims... gotta have a little more rubber on the track.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Thanks for the input everybody! Yeah, I'm leaning towards the HRE's at this point. Still preferring 19's over 20' rims... gotta have a little more rubber on the track.
Let me know if you need any help! Including hiding that receipt, lol.

-Jorge

Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels
Let me know if you need any help! Including hiding that receipt, lol.

-Jorge
Thank you, Jorge! No help needed... I got practice, the way I move funds around to support my car and modding hobby it looks like I'm running a ponzi scheme...

Do you know how wide (tire size) I can go in the rear on the 991? 315's? What are the best specs for the P44SC's? Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New shoes...