Spoiler Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:14 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 97c2s993
I don't know and to each his own...fixed wings and spoilers are ok.
But to me the retractable spoiler looks, well...retractable...hence temporary and functional ONLY when needed, which is what I love about these and Porsche for integrating them into the normally clean flowing line of the car (when not needed). Sure not everyone who sees a 911 moving around town at 35mph with the spoiler up knows that someone purposely pushed a button to show it off...but there are many who do, even non 911 owners. I personally think it looks ridiculous (in such instances). If I wanted the spoiler up I would have ordered a fixed wing or ducktail.
What he said.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:40 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
I wanted something to help with the muffin top rear but cost and practicality (I have a cool
powered spoiler, why spend the money to just have its pieces sit on the basement floor the next few years until I sell the car) kept me from going full aero kit after factory. I've had no problems at all with the Vorsteiner lip up to around 140-150 destabilizing anything or making strange wind vortexes etc and I don't feel the urge to raise the spoiler for a little extra visual oomph beyond automatic deployment. Not for everyone perhaps, but it works for me.

(via 6SpeedOnline iOS)

Last edited by nicoli; 05-25-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:47 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Haku; I like it down. It looks correct on a GT3. I think I'm ok with it on the turbo. But I put it down more often than I would put it up. Of course, my new avatar has it up so I clearly have no idea what I am talking about!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I have mine wrapped in carbon fiber wrap, so when I exceed 75 mph and it comes up, I hit the button, and just leave it up...less wear on tear on lowering/raising...so usually when I'm parked in the garage, it's up.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:56 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I like the look with the spoiler in the raised position
I didnt order a ducktail because dont want to loose a console button.

Last edited by galion; 05-25-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:22 PM
rnp614 is on a distinguished road
agree with aesthetics being better up...The only decent spoiler on these 991s appears to be the techart one. The cup kit in the 991 looks awful.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:37 PM
certified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rnp614
agree with aesthetics being better up...The only decent spoiler on these 991s appears to be the techart one. The cup kit in the 991 looks awful.
I'd like to see one that is an oval loop, mimicking the one on the 959. Done right, that would look very classy.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:57 PM
carsrmyvice will become famous soon enoughcarsrmyvice will become famous soon enough
a great deal of ppl already think you are a d bag for driving a 911 in the first place so might as well embrace it if it's the look you prefer (spoiler up that is).

Old 05-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Allez is on a distinguished road
I leave mine up for extended freeway runs just in case there is a po po savvy enough to know when it deploys.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:02 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Allez
I leave mine up for extended freeway runs just in case there is a po po savvy enough to know when it deploys.
Cops don't care about that. They need to be able to testify that they used a device to measure your car exceeding the speed limit such as a certified speedo, a radar, ground mounted sensors, mechanical timer, infrared trigger (aka laser) and similar stuff. They can't show up before a guy or girl wearing a black bathrobe (Judge) and say that your spoiler was extended. Then again, I would pay to hear an officer provide that testimony.

Last edited by rnl; 05-25-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:30 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I really don't like it. Makes you look like a poser.

If you like the look of a fixed wing, get a fixed wing. The retractable wing is not meant to be up all the time. It does not look proper.

People who do this IMHO, look like clueless Sportscar driving wannabes.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:51 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
OK, this is a totally self-serving post
I you like a fixed wing, I still have an original SpeedArt wing for sale at an unbeatable price ...:https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...dart-wing.html

I actually like it more than other options that were available (does not 'protrude' as much as other wings and the rear wing mechanism remains active).

Old 05-26-2013, 10:36 AM
fixedupw203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does the spoiler up button light up for you guys when it goes up automatically? I can't remember how mine is but I think the light only turns on if the button is pushed?

Old 05-26-2013, 11:39 AM
op487062 will become famous soon enoughop487062 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by black penguin
I really don't like it. Makes you look like a poser.

If you like the look of a fixed wing, get a fixed wing. The retractable wing is not meant to be up all the time. It does not look proper.

People who do this IMHO, look like clueless Sportscar driving wannabes.

The same has been said about cayman drivers.

Zing!

Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by galion
I like the look with the spoiler in the raised position
I didnt order a ducktail because dont want to loose a console button.
Now if there was ever a reason for not ordering the ducktail, this was it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spoiler Up