6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   C2S vs C4S (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/312266-c2s-vs-c4s.html)

C-MAN67 07-08-2013 09:04 PM

C2S vs C4S

I was very close to pulling the trigger on a C2S when I really started to notice the C4S. I love the rear light assembly look. Any other performance or other info anyone has that would help me make a decision between the two?

Thanks

LOSERKING 07-08-2013 09:15 PM

well the 4S has 4WD. I sat in both 4S and S and the 4S felt like it was stuck to the ground when you turn. The S is pretty good 2.

C-MAN67 07-08-2013 09:33 PM

I actually just read a pretty informative thread by someone who is considering the same issue. A lot of people feel that the C2s is more nimble. I like the idea of 4 wheel drive. I had a panamera 4s and I loved it.

dux 07-08-2013 09:55 PM

The C4S is slightly heavier and slower (if a couple of a hundredths of a second really matter to you) :D

I used to have a C4S and it literally felt like it was on rails and great for all weather driving. My C2S is hardly a boat and you really can't go wrong with any iteration of a 991...

yrralis1 07-08-2013 10:18 PM

If one lives in a rain or snow region the 4S is a must have vehicle . There is no doubt that it will outhandle being planted with all 4 wheels digging in . However cornering a 4S might on paper be somewhat close in time yet in terms of driver fun the 2S not only feels more natural but is the choice made by porsche in both the Gt2 and Gt3 cars for track use.

In my opinion if one must have AWD it ought to be a Turbo. The combination of the AWD mated to the monster torque is driving benchmark . Add to that the PDK which maintains boost on upshifts it's as perfect a car as one can get with the AWD . anything else simply can not compete on this config .

That's my opinion. I have driven both . I even owned a 997S and a Turbo simultaneously . I still have my Turbo and love it .. but if i were buying a 991 NA car an 2S would be my first choice over the 4S .

Mr.Boon 07-09-2013 12:25 AM

4S is more usable imo + it looks better. 2S is easier to drift.

Suzy991 07-09-2013 04:12 AM

Don't forget to mention the steering in the 4S is better than in the 2S because of the difference in weightbalance and the extra driveshafts.
(can't help mentioning this video over and over again, sorry for that ;) )

Personally I like the 4S most, but I might be a little biased ;)

Suzy991

trysixty 07-09-2013 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by LOSERKING (Post 3889787)
well the 4S has 4WD. I sat in both 4S and S and the 4S felt like it was stuck to the ground when you turn. The S is pretty good 2.

This past winter on the team speed forum there was a ice racing test in Sweden . I believe there was little or almost no difference between the 4S and 2S.

lrattner 07-09-2013 04:52 AM

The 4S is great if you have to deal with a lot of heavy weather. Since you live in Atlanta, you could go both ways. 4S-better traction 2S-more nimble. If you get the 4S because you like the light package, you're paying a lot ($6K) for it. 4S is approx. 1.5 inchs wider with 305's in the rear.

AJag 07-09-2013 06:04 AM

Try and do back to back extended test drives if you can, the driving dynamics are subtle but noticeable. The hardest part about this is finding one w/ the same suspension options (SPASM, PDCC, etc.). For the weather in ATL, you by no means "need" a C4S, even in the wet. If you plan on tracking, I'd go C2S without hesitation.

Suzy991 07-09-2013 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by AJag (Post 3889925)
If you plan on tracking, I'd go C2S without hesitation.

And then get beaten by a 25 yr old girl in a C4S ;) LOL
Just kidding....

I just don't get the point why a C2S should be better on a track than a C4S. I even think it's the other way around in case of the 911, at least for a non-professional racing driver. But that's just my opinion of course.
I do, on the other hand, admitt that a C2S can be a lttle bit more fun on a track, because it is a tiny bit more agile.

I do agree that driving both cars back to back is the best way to find out what suits one best, I did the same, allthough I drove the C4S for a whole day after driving the C2S for about 45 minutes. At the end it's all a matter of personal taste. I do admitt that the looks of the C4S were a part in my decision too.

Suzy991

C-MAN67 07-09-2013 07:16 AM

Thanks for all the great responses. I am leaning C4s because I like the look of it. I will not be tracking. My Goodness after spending 130k on my dream car, the very thought of even a door ding makes me cringe. I am sure I will be putting it through it's paces but, no unnecessary danger!

C-MAN67 07-09-2013 07:17 AM

By the way Suzy have you ever seen the movie "Something about Mary"? You might be most guy's dream date in here. LOL

bccars 07-09-2013 07:37 AM

They beauty in C2 is that it is a little bit purer for hardcore drivers.

The beauty in C4 is that it is somewhat easier to control in the grey area of grip/no grip. Don't know how Porsche calibrated the C4 4wd, but in principal you can get a 4wd out of big oversteer with the throttle like you can with a fwd.
An instructor once janked my handbrake on a fwd car on a wet ever so slightly off camber epoxy track, resulting in more than 90° oversteer, and amazingly just mashing the throttle resulted in enough decrease in front axle grip to bring it back in line, with a healthy dose of luck no doubt, but nevertheless. I thought that was physically impossible, but it wasn't.
Impossible with a rwd though.

Makes me second guess my choice for a C2 now I come to think of it, maybe next time I should get a C4 :-)

Suzy991 07-09-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by C-MAN67 (Post 3889956)
By the way Suzy have you ever seen the movie "Something about Mary"? You might be most guy's dream date in here. LOL

Hilarious! I did see that movie... Great movie BTW. But I have to disappoint everyone here... I'm not available and even if I was, I would not really be available ;)

Suzy991