When can the best deals be had for custom ordering a new Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 02:29 PM
fueledbymetal is on a distinguished road
When can the best deals be had for custom ordering a new Porsche?

When is the best time of year to get the best discounts on a custom ordered Porsche (specifically a base Carrera with only about $6k in options)? It sounds like 5% off is a reasonable expectation now but I would be OK waiting a few months (or more) to get a better deal. I know you can get better deals for cars off the lot, but I definitely want to custom order it.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
JoeInDallas will become famous soon enough
The 991 is no longer a brand new model. I would think now would be as good of a time as any. Unless you want to wait, until the next major update is hinted at and order a 991 then. If you want to special order, I would order when ever you are ready. If you want to try and negotiate the best deal, buy an existing car off the lot.

Just my opinion. Look forward to hearing when you order, as well as the options you choose.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:15 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
You're right at the front end of the 2014's now, so you're at the early part of their production year.
5-7% is a good discount and you shouldn't have a hard time getting that.

Depends on the dealer and how afar afield you're willing to go.
Cast your net wide...

Care you share your build?

Last edited by dux; 08-07-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:43 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dux
You're right at the front end of the 2014's now, so you're at the early part of their production year.
5-7% is a good discount and you shouldn't have a hard time getting that.

Depends on the dealer and how afar afield you're willing to go.
Cast your net wide...

Care you share your built?
Agree that 5-7 appears right. You might even be able to get 8 but you will have to work for it, call lots of dealers and have a number ready. If they say no, be willing to walk away and go to the next. Dealers have a number they need to meet as of a certain date. If they are far from that number, they are more willing to deal.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:57 PM
genpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Agree that 5-7 appears right. You might even be able to get 8 but you will have to work for it, call lots of dealers and have a number ready. If they say no, be willing to walk away and go to the next. Dealers have a number they need to meet as of a certain date. If they are far from that number, they are more willing to deal.
Also do be afraid to go out of state.

Between July 28 through July 31 I was able to get 4-5% off a Base 2013 991, 9% off a 2013 991s from local Los Angeles dealers.

I went out of state and I was able to get over 7% a Base 2013. I paid $550 to ship it back here.

Surprisingly painless transaction. The mailed me some docs to sign and one doc to notarize. That was about it.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:16 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AoshichanX
Also do be afraid to go out of state.

Between July 28 through July 31 I was able to get 4-5% off a Base 2013 991, 9% off a 2013 991s from local Los Angeles dealers.

I went out of state and I was able to get over 7% a Base 2013. I paid $550 to ship it back here.

Surprisingly painless transaction. The mailed me some docs to sign and one doc to notarize. That was about it.

9%..ya right... I think you are talking about ones that are in stock and not ordered.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 AM
fueledbymetal is on a distinguished road
Thanks all!

One of my best childhood memories is when my dad bought a Toyota Supra. At the time it was the only sports car in our neighborhood and my brothers & I were so excited. My dad kept us involved in the whole process and our love for sports cars (and the work it takes to be able to afford one!) was rooted in that experience. Now that I have kids of my own that are old enough to start differentiating sports cars from "regular" cars, I thought it would soon be time to share the same experience with them (especially while they're still young enough to fit in the back seats!). I've worked the configurator worth them and have let them pick out the colors. The car will be a daily driver that will never see the track (my competitive drive is satisfied by racing bicycles), so I'm optioning it accordingly. It's going to be speed yellow w/ yellow dials & seatbelts (kids choice, but I concur ), Sport seats w/ heating & ventilation, Bose and *possibly* the LSD - I'm trying to learn more as to whether or not it will make a difference for spirited driving on public roads.