6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   Certificate of Authenticity (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/315455-certificate-authenticity.html)

Zelig 08-16-2013 03:02 PM

Certificate of Authenticity

On my last order back in 2007 I received a complementary PCNA Certificate of Authenticity. I just ordered a new car am waiting for the C2S 2014 order to arrive. Do they still send these COAs gratis or do you have to pay a fee?

JCBH 08-16-2013 03:54 PM

Yep - got them for all of our Porsches...arrives after the car arrives...

PorscheCrazy 08-16-2013 04:35 PM

I never got anything like that . . . :confused: I did get someone who tried to sell me every aftermarket item there was though . . .

chuckbdc 08-16-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zelig (Post 3917820)
On my last order back in 2007 I received a complementary PCNA Certificate of Authenticity. I just ordered a new car am waiting for the C2S 2014 order to arrive. Do they still send these COAs gratis or do you have to pay a fee?

Mine arrived in the mail about a month after I got the car.

Zelig 08-16-2013 07:36 PM

Certificate of Authenticity

Much Appreciated!!!

6sol4me 08-16-2013 08:44 PM

I received my certificate within a couple weeks after delivery.. it's a cool idea, listing all the options etc, but wasn't too fond of the fact they listed the MSRP of the car it...

Lebreeze 08-16-2013 08:57 PM

I haven't got a thing yet. :(

rnl 08-17-2013 10:46 AM

they actually sent me two identical certificates...now, where did i put them?

Snowczar 08-17-2013 12:05 PM

I took delivery of my car on March 15. Certificate arrived about July 31. Apparently not all dealers participate in this program. Initially, back in the early Spring I was told my dealer did. Then I phoned on July 13 or so to see where it was and was told I didn't qualify so I ordered one. Surprise, surprise the letter sending me my free one was dated the same day which means a little left hand not know what the right hand is doing is happening at PCNA. Then the one I paid for arrived so I have two!

lrattner 08-18-2013 06:28 AM

I always wondered who came up with the idea of a Certificate of Authenticity at Porsche? Some years ago, I know it was offered at an additional charge of $100. Now I hear that some dealers participate so their customers get the thing. If I buy a car from a dealer, why do I need a Certificate of Authenticity? Are there so many scam artists out there fabricating phony Porsches? Is it just another marketing ploy by Porsche to give the buyer a greater feeling of pride that he owns an "official Porsche?" I've had a bunch of Ferraris and never got a Certificate of Authenticity. Porsche must have a team of psychologists that dream up pavlovian scenarios to capture more buyers and increase customer loyalty.

Suzy991 08-18-2013 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by lrattner (Post 3918615)
I always wondered who came up with the idea of a Certificate of Authenticity at Porsche? Some years ago, I know it was offered at an additional charge of $100. Now I hear that some dealers participate so their customers get the thing. If I buy a car from a dealer, why do I need a Certificate of Authenticity? Are there so many scam artists out there fabricating phony Porsches? Is it just another marketing ploy by Porsche to give the buyer a greater feeling of pride that he owns an "official Porsche?" I've had a bunch of Ferraris and never got a Certificate of Authenticity. Porsche must have a team of psychologists that dream up pavlovian scenarios to capture more buyers and increase customer loyalty.

+911 hahaha!

You're absolutely right! Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't deliver me a fake 911 in march, built on the platform of the VW Beetle! :o

Always thought that I was the only one that was doubting the sence of a Certificate of Authenticity. It's nice when you buy a classic Porsche at their Porsche Classic depertment, so you are sure you have matching numbers, but with a new car....?? Never made any sence to me.

rnl 08-18-2013 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by lrattner (Post 3918615)

+1. That is an excellent point. It never occurred to me. I must be drinking the Porsche flavored Kool Aid.

Snowczar 08-18-2013 10:34 AM

Many, Many Porsche enthusiasts have and will continue to pay for the certificate. Some car shows actually require it! For me, it's something to have framed and display at my office. It adds to the whole enthusiasm about owning the brand. I now have certificates for 4 of my present and past 911's.

chuckbdc 08-18-2013 11:07 AM

$100 is outrageous! I will scan mine and send it to anyone who needs one for $25.

Snowczar 08-18-2013 11:10 AM

And what would that prove? It would not match up to the car? Everyone has different ways (and none are wrong) of showing their enthusiasm for these fine vehicles. For a car costing over $180k in Canada an extra $90 US did not seem like a big deal.