Certificate of Authenticity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road

On my last order back in 2007 I received a complementary PCNA Certificate of Authenticity. I just ordered a new car am waiting for the C2S 2014 order to arrive. Do they still send these COAs gratis or do you have to pay a fee?

Old 08-16-2013, 03:54 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Yep - got them for all of our Porsches...arrives after the car arrives...

Old 08-16-2013, 04:35 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I never got anything like that . . . I did get someone who tried to sell me every aftermarket item there was though . . .

Old 08-16-2013, 04:59 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zelig
On my last order back in 2007 I received a complementary PCNA Certificate of Authenticity. I just ordered a new car am waiting for the C2S 2014 order to arrive. Do they still send these COAs gratis or do you have to pay a fee?
Mine arrived in the mail about a month after I got the car.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road

Much Appreciated!!!

Old 08-16-2013, 08:44 PM
6sol4me will become famous soon enough
I received my certificate within a couple weeks after delivery.. it's a cool idea, listing all the options etc, but wasn't too fond of the fact they listed the MSRP of the car it...

Old 08-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Lebreeze will become famous soon enoughLebreeze will become famous soon enough
I haven't got a thing yet.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
they actually sent me two identical certificates...now, where did i put them?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I took delivery of my car on March 15. Certificate arrived about July 31. Apparently not all dealers participate in this program. Initially, back in the early Spring I was told my dealer did. Then I phoned on July 13 or so to see where it was and was told I didn't qualify so I ordered one. Surprise, surprise the letter sending me my free one was dated the same day which means a little left hand not know what the right hand is doing is happening at PCNA. Then the one I paid for arrived so I have two!

Old 08-18-2013, 06:28 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
I always wondered who came up with the idea of a Certificate of Authenticity at Porsche? Some years ago, I know it was offered at an additional charge of $100. Now I hear that some dealers participate so their customers get the thing. If I buy a car from a dealer, why do I need a Certificate of Authenticity? Are there so many scam artists out there fabricating phony Porsches? Is it just another marketing ploy by Porsche to give the buyer a greater feeling of pride that he owns an "official Porsche?" I've had a bunch of Ferraris and never got a Certificate of Authenticity. Porsche must have a team of psychologists that dream up pavlovian scenarios to capture more buyers and increase customer loyalty.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lrattner
I always wondered who came up with the idea of a Certificate of Authenticity at Porsche? Some years ago, I know it was offered at an additional charge of $100. Now I hear that some dealers participate so their customers get the thing. If I buy a car from a dealer, why do I need a Certificate of Authenticity? Are there so many scam artists out there fabricating phony Porsches? Is it just another marketing ploy by Porsche to give the buyer a greater feeling of pride that he owns an "official Porsche?" I've had a bunch of Ferraris and never got a Certificate of Authenticity. Porsche must have a team of psychologists that dream up pavlovian scenarios to capture more buyers and increase customer loyalty.
+911 hahaha!

You're absolutely right! Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they don't deliver me a fake 911 in march, built on the platform of the VW Beetle!

Always thought that I was the only one that was doubting the sence of a Certificate of Authenticity. It's nice when you buy a classic Porsche at their Porsche Classic depertment, so you are sure you have matching numbers, but with a new car....?? Never made any sence to me.

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-18-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:09 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lrattner
+1. That is an excellent point. It never occurred to me. I must be drinking the Porsche flavored Kool Aid.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Many, Many Porsche enthusiasts have and will continue to pay for the certificate. Some car shows actually require it! For me, it's something to have framed and display at my office. It adds to the whole enthusiasm about owning the brand. I now have certificates for 4 of my present and past 911's.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:07 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
$100 is outrageous! I will scan mine and send it to anyone who needs one for $25.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:10 AM
And what would that prove? It would not match up to the car? Everyone has different ways (and none are wrong) of showing their enthusiasm for these fine vehicles. For a car costing over $180k in Canada an extra $90 US did not seem like a big deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Certificate of Authenticity