How would you respond?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:58 PM
JoeInDallas is infamous around these parts
Would probably be easier to live without the 911, than with the wife that is thoroughly and relentlessly pissed off about it.

If you have a good wife though that truly wants you to be happy, I doubt you will have a hard time convincing her that you should have it. That is assuming that she feels that you can comfortably afford it.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:21 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vjd3
Misdirection. Distract her ... tell her that you need the rear seats for the baby your 23-year-old mistress is expecting.

She will forget all about the car.

Best response.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:35 PM
LotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura about
Tell her that you were thinking about buying a sailboat and sailing around the world because you were bored with the Cayman. You decided the 911 was the cheaper alternative.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:20 PM
rwh
rwh is infamous around these parts
how would you respond

Hey this is a great group! And the responses where very interesting to say the least! Yes distraction was one of the best, but all in all they all where good!
Well now I will tell what my response was... the 911 is the iconic sports car of its type. Before I could expand on the topic, the wife said "just make sure that you drive it a lot!" Then "And can I adjust the seats to be comfortable?" (she has back problem, but when riding her horse(s) doesn't seem to bother it).
She has reviewed the build, I am color blind (this is always a concern for her) Rhodium Silver with Platinum wheels over Platinum Gray interior, black headlights. She is glad to see the MT as she likes to be "involved" in her driving. Ok with but doesn`t know about the PSAM, Sports Chrono, Sport Exhaust, Smoking package, Alcantara Steering Wheel.

She indicated that she would prefer not to have a sun roof (she belongs to the turtle club, and not by design), and high end sound, ("since all you seem to do is want to listen to the engine noise!").
She also likes the passenger side luggage bin for her maps (after all as she says the "nav system can be wrong").

But I see that the rest of the family is going to be a challenge,(you see I have just been smoking the rest of the families toys with the Cayman S and I am upping the ante a lot higher now), one that I will completely enjoy taking on!
PS It sure is not any easier waiting for your new Porsche even if it is the second time I've ordered!!!.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:47 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
I would have agreed with her and then added full red leather and thanked her for calling your attention to the necessity of getting it.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Nuke986 has a spectacular aura aboutNuke986 has a spectacular aura about
Is this where the 'WAS HIS' license plate comes in ???

Old 08-21-2013, 03:56 PM
rwh
rwh is infamous around these parts
how would you respond

No "was his" will never enter the equation. If she wants some thing she will get it no questions (and she has never been superfluous in spending). We have been together since high school.

As for the vanity plate looking at 991 C2S, 911 C2S or 991 120.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
My wife saw how much a 911 meant to me and only regrets that I bought it for myself before she could. Now the sticking point is who gets to drive it!

Old 08-21-2013, 04:55 PM
0luke1 is infamous around these parts
When i was shopping for my 2013 c4s, my wife asked "isn't it about time you grew up and bought a sensible car?"

I put a horrified look on my face and clutched my chest.

She asked "what's the matter?"

I responded, "for a minute there you sounded like my ex-wife!"

She yelled "I didn't know you were married before!!"

I responded "I wasn't."

Last edited by 0luke1; 08-21-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Yonkers is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 0luke1
When i was shopping for my 2013 c4s, my wife asked "isn't it about time you grew up and bought a sensible car?"

I responded "I wasn't."
lol winner

Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 PM
braindoc1 has a spectacular aura aboutbraindoc1 has a spectacular aura about
All these responses have been hysterical... But the bottom line in my house is I'm too young to be celibate so we have to compromise. She leaves for the US open next week, and I leave for Bandon Dunes the week after... Its all about trade-offs. I just wish I could drive my 991 up to north bend!

Old 08-22-2013, 07:06 AM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 0luke1

I responded "I wasn't."
Hilarious.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yonkers
lol winner
+1.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 AM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by braindoc1
All these responses have been hysterical... But the bottom line in my house is I'm too young to be celibate so we have to compromise. She leaves for the US open next week, and I leave for Bandon Dunes the week after... Its all about trade-offs. I just wish I could drive my 991 up to north bend!
Seperate vacation? nice

I got the question last year, "Why are all of our vacations at a race track?" Now I send her to a spa when I go to the track. It is working but costing a fortune.

Marc

Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by 998M
Seperate vacation? nice

I got the question last year, "Why are all of our vacations at a race track?" Now I send her to a spa when I go to the track. It is working but costing a fortune.

Marc
I've done this as well... It definitely pays off for both of us.

Worth the investment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How would you respond?