My PDK car stalled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
Angry My PDK car stalled

Something very strange occurred yesterday. I was pulling into a parking spot at low speed and half way into parking the car stalled. Felt almost like stalling a manual car. I have it scheduled with the local dealer on monday to take a look at it. I have not been able to replicate it since.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Good luck. Hopefully the diags find the issue. I have had many instances where the workshop runs diags and they don't do anything since it doesn't log the error. It really sucks with all this technology built into the car and their software to log issues and the diags in the workshop not able to do their job. They need to up the ante on the car software and the diags to accurately capture each fault.

Look forward to your update and good luck!

Old 09-07-2013, 02:39 PM
aljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fester
Good luck. Hopefully the diags find the issue. I have had many instances where the workshop runs diags and they don't do anything since it doesn't log the error. It really sucks with all this technology built into the car and their software to log issues and the diags in the workshop not able to do their job. They need to up the ante on the car software and the diags to accurately capture each fault.

Look forward to your update and good luck!
This is really annoying, last time i had an issue with the PSM failure warning light, took it to the dealer and the guy cleared all the logs by mistake, they could not do anything and they gave me the car to drive it until the warning show up again, drove it for 2 weeks until the warning showed up and then was finally connected again, diagnosed and fixed, what a waste of time! there should be a smarter way!

Old 09-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Really?
I assume your car was warmed up, meaning the oil temp was about 200 degrees.
Has this happened before?
Were you in standard mode?
Have you tried this in other modes, Sport/+?
When sitting at idle, with the car warmed up, your car should be running about 600-800 RPMs. When you move your foot to the throttle, does your RPMs then drop?
Does your car feel like it lurches from a stop?
Finally, does your car do this when you engage reverse?

My car recently stalled when pulling into a parking spot as well. I'm not terribly happy. The dealer is waiting for a response from PCNA on the next step. The techs are thinking a new transmission may be in order. They have recalibrated the transmission, yet it still is having issues.