991 GT3's are in!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stef430
Just one more.....
That pic has pushed moe over the edge!!! Why on why did I turn down my dealers first allocation.???

Stef, thanks for posting. I'm just going to pour myself a jar. I need it!

Old 12-29-2013, 04:19 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Wow. GT3 looks great. Can't wait to read reviews, particularly as far as whether the GT3 is suitable as a daily driver.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:54 AM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
It is certainly DD able and worthy. Not extreme in terms of ride or sound or dynamics - I would without hesitation. Had some slick roads the other day and even under power on some decreasing radius curves she was stable and smooth. I live in NYC and will be using it a ton (as long as temps stay above 40 degrees so the tires are happy).

Old 12-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
It is certainly DD able and worthy. Not extreme in terms of ride or sound or dynamics - I would without hesitation. Had some slick roads the other day and even under power on some decreasing radius curves she was stable and smooth. I live in NYC and will be using it a ton (as long as temps stay above 40 degrees so the tires are happy).
can you tell us how you feel about having the PDK-S does it dilute the experience or is it acceptable to you

Old 12-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Dark Knight
can you tell us how you feel about having the PDK-S does it dilute the experience or is it acceptable to you
I am the first to pine for a three pedal for nostalgic reasons, but the PDK in the GT3 is actually a blast - Some context - my first "auto experience" started with a Challenge Stradale and then a Scuderia - the Scuderia setting a milestone for me that hasn't been surpassed (the banging and violence and sounds etc. even tho some other transmissions are quicker and two clutch and and and) - I love the transmission in my SLS Black and my C Black too but thats more because of the insanity when the car downshifts and blips in terms of sound... The 12C is fast and capable, but lacks soul in so many ways - the lack of connectivity with the car overall is an issue as capable as it is and the transmission being so detached doesn't help.....

Soooo, the GT3 PDK is a perfect mesh and match with the engine and chassis and the overall GT3 package - it makes some nice sounds - is fast -- and dynamic -- it ENHANCES the experience in many ways - dilutes it perhaps a bit but certainly less so than other auto boxes

The big question - am I going to order a manual on the GT3RS if that is an option? Absolutely - even tho the PDK will be faster and better and etc. Why? I have pure race cars (I upgraded to LMP paddles on the old 997 RSR from the sequential stick because when I race I want to win and want every tech advantage I can get) and don't track street cars - when I am driving I like to shift even if I am not faster than the PDK - Love the box in my 4.0 and my CGT - I'm not looking to set records on the street - I do heel and toe on the street tho - again, old school.....

I have no issue driving in stop and go traffic with a three pedal car - I prefer it in fact - but I am an outlier .....

Get the GT3 BECAUSE it has the PDK - it makes it a better car and a better experience - buy an OLD 911 (or a Boxster which I think is an awesome car) if you want a stick and to have some fun.....

Or......

Old 12-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I am the first to pine for a three pedal for nostalgic reasons, but the PDK in the GT3 is actually a blast - Some context - my first "auto experience" started with a Challenge Stradale and then a Scuderia - the Scuderia setting a milestone for me that hasn't been surpassed (the banging and violence and sounds etc. even tho some other transmissions are quicker and two clutch and and and) - I love the transmission in my SLS Black and my C Black too but thats more because of the insanity when the car downshifts and blips in terms of sound... The 12C is fast and capable, but lacks soul in so many ways - the lack of connectivity with the car overall is an issue as capable as it is and the transmission being so detached doesn't help.....

Soooo, the GT3 PDK is a perfect mesh and match with the engine and chassis and the overall GT3 package - it makes some nice sounds - is fast -- and dynamic -- it ENHANCES the experience in many ways - dilutes it perhaps a bit but certainly less so than other auto boxes

The big question - am I going to order a manual on the GT3RS if that is an option? Absolutely - even tho the PDK will be faster and better and etc. Why? I have pure race cars (I upgraded to LMP paddles on the old 997 RSR from the sequential stick because when I race I want to win and want every tech advantage I can get) and don't track street cars - when I am driving I like to shift even if I am not faster than the PDK - Love the box in my 4.0 and my CGT - I'm not looking to set records on the street - I do heel and toe on the street tho - again, old school.....

I have no issue driving in stop and go traffic with a three pedal car - I prefer it in fact - but I am an outlier .....

Get the GT3 BECAUSE it has the PDK - it makes it a better car and a better experience - buy an OLD 911 (or a Boxster which I think is an awesome car) if you want a stick and to have some fun.....

Or......
wow!! What an impressive fleet of cars. Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience. It'd be amazing to see all of these beauties/monsters together!!

Old 12-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice

ok, so next question, for a drive mix of city country twists and highway, would you pic the 991 GT3 or the CGT?

Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 PM
991 GT3 - without hesitation - the CGT is the ONLY car I cannot bring into the city - the overhang is unforgiving. I have had 2 CGTs and put 13,000 miles on them so I drive them - just not in the city ..... and on the highway, I would opt for the GT3 too if a long trip where comfort is more of a premium...... But when the going gets twisty in the country ... CGT

Just wait for the 918......

Old 12-30-2013, 03:50 PM
991 GT3 - without hesitation - the CGT is the ONLY car I cannot bring into the city - the overhang is unforgiving. I have had 2 CGTs and put 13,000 miles on them so I drive them - just not in the city ..... and on the highway, I would opt for the GT3 too if a long trip where comfort is more of a premium...... But when the going gets twisty in the country ... CGT

Im still not convinced of hybrid technology, I actually think the 991 series 911 is prettier than the 918, Is it true that the clutch on the CGT is difficult to operate, I heard if you give gas while releasing the pedal the car will stall, so you have to release clutch pedal gently then hit the accelerator. Is this true?

Old 12-30-2013, 03:57 PM
The CGT clutch is a race clutch. Don't give it gas. Either ease off and let it go or pop it. Ride it and its $20k for a new one - fast.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:32 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of

are you getting one?

Old 12-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by BrandonH
are you getting one?
Absolutely. I'm fortunate and the gravitational pull is too strong. Might be a consideration as a DD but for the fact that nobody has a winter spec tire for her :despite begging Porsche -) people who know me know I'm serious

Old 12-30-2013, 06:41 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
Absolutely. I'm fortunate and the gravitational pull is too strong. Might be a consideration as a DD but for the fact that nobody has a winter spec tire for her :despite begging Porsche -) people who know me know I'm serious
Big Congrats!! .....please share when she arrives.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:16 PM
FLAT6KING will become famous soon enoughFLAT6KING will become famous soon enough
Seems like everyone is getting their cars this week. My dealer says their cars are at the port in Brunswick, GA. Please share pics when you can, I like the gauges. Question, is the Turbo S better or worse?

Old 12-30-2013, 08:19 PM
blk_cs is on a distinguished road
pure sex!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3's are in!!