991 Hood Liner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 05:52 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Just installed mine. Did not notice this issue?
Now I have to follow this thread until you get back to the track to see if the weight distribution change affects lap times.....

Old 02-05-2014, 05:58 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Now I have to follow this thread until you get back to the track to see if the weight distribution change affects lap times.....
Hehe, I posted the exact weight (incl. the 6 clips) in my Journal: 0.744kg / 1.6lbs. Should be OK. I'll do some workout before going to the track, put a little less gas in the tank and skip lunch

Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Got mine Friday. Haven't installed it yet. Not in a hurry since my car is hibernating. Das Shild is Loving 6Speed and the OP for posting this thread. Thanks PorscheCrazy! Great Recommendation.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:29 AM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
Just installed mine, took 15 seconds like serge said. Nice product. Now if I didn't have to clear over a foot of snow from my driveway I could actually be driving and enjoying this car. I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:30 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Just installed mine and noticed on my paperwork a discount code to share with friends. . . RF09 will get you 15% off.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dhill911
Just installed mine and noticed on my paperwork a discount code to share with friends. . . RF09 will get you 15% off.
Doesn't work now

Old 02-05-2014, 03:49 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Stupid question, as it sounds like everyone is pretty ga-ga over this..

Kinda cool, but is it really necessary? Seems like if I hit a bump hard enough to send a lose heavy object in the frunk (something with enough mass to cause a dent) into the the underside of the hood I'm probably more worried about what I just did to my front end..

Can't really say I've ever seen a car with a traditional rear trunk suffer the issue of concern..

That said I think it makes the underside of the frunk look nicer and more finished off...

But I guess it's the engineer in me that question's the physics (i.e. object has to have enough mass and velocity to cause a dent, however the more mass the less likely it is to be flying around) and if there really is a problem that it solves.. Would love to see a real life photo where damage has really occurred this way..

Old 02-05-2014, 03:57 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scatkins
Kinda cool, but is it really necessary? Seems like if I hit a bump hard enough to send a lose heavy object in the frunk (something with enough mass to cause a dent) into the the underside of the hood I'm probably more worried about what I just did to my front end..
Not a stupid question at all. I see it more useful when you use the full capacity of your frunk and try to squeeze things in, up to the point that you are exercising pressure to close it. I would of course NEVER do that, but you never know... (kids throwing their bags in the frunk after school?) I could also see a tool sticking out of my toolbox when I close the frunk and me not noticing it (that I could do ). At least the Schild could transfer the load to a larger area and avoid to get a ding in the thinnest part of the frunk.

It may be an overkill, but, after all, commuting in a 911 is a bit of an overkill too

Old 02-05-2014, 04:10 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Not a stupid question at all. I see it more useful when you use the full capacity of your frunk and try to squeeze things in, up to the point that you are exercising pressure to close it. I would of course NEVER do that, but you never know... (kids throwing their bags in the frunk after school?) I could also see a tool sticking out of my toolbox when I close the frunk and me not noticing it (that I could do ). At least the Schild could transfer the load to a larger area and avoid to get a ding in the thinnest part of the frunk.

It may be an overkill, but, after all, commuting in a 911 is a bit of an overkill too
Good point, I suppose that is a situation that I could see happening..

Old 02-05-2014, 04:49 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a real life pic of an actual gnid -- eek !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gnidpic_zps05169431.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	329901  
Old 02-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by trysixty
Doesn't work now
Sorry, I should have opened my box sooner. I went on their website and tried it too with a "0" and an "O." Feel free to call them in Tampa, FL 310-500-6215 or 800-933-3375 and let them know your friend gave you a referral discount code, included with his 991 Lid Protector, and it is not working.

The document says to "pass along our brochure to a friend for a 15% discount when they use promo code: RF09 at checkout." No expiration mentioned.

Best of luck!

Old 02-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Here's a real life pic of an actual gnid -- eek !

Old 02-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Try Coupon Code RF14 for 15% off at www.lidliner.com

I didn't try it myself, but noticed a sticker on a brochure that has this new code. The last code I shared (that didn't work) was on a document inside my box that must have been an old document.

Hope it works. . . Best of Luck!!

Old 02-10-2014, 10:43 PM
New991S is on a distinguished road
Just try RF09 and got 15% off!

Old 02-11-2014, 01:16 PM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lunarx
I'd be in for a group buy.
If the stupid dealer would take my money I would be in for a group buy. But at the moment the frunk liner doesn't do me any good without the rest of the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Hood Liner