991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:46 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
I have dealt with Jason. I have found him to be reasonable and he promptly resolved two issues for me in an equitable and prompt fashion to my complete satisfaction.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Such a disgrace! I'm sharing your video on my FB. Hope you get out of this nightmare soon

Old 04-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Yonkers will become famous soon enough
Wow. This is not only on the front page of Reddit but it's also the top story.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:25 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ma991
I emailed Jason Nelson, their manager of customer commitment. Here's his response. None of us (besides Nick and Jason) know both sides of this story.

Mr. Gois,

Thank you very much for sharing your concern. Since I cannot divulge the details of a confidential offer between ourselves and another customer I can only tell you that we believe we have gone above and beyond to provide Mr. Murray with what is fair, much more than what the law provides in his situation. He has asked for additional concessions which I felt were unreasonable and could not oblige.

Please understand that you are dealing with only one side of a story and I assure you Mr. Murray has left out a number of important details in his video. We take our commitment to our customers very seriously and we deal with every one of them in a fair and equitable manner. We step up to our responsibility when it is required of us and have done no different in this case.

Thank you again for reaching out to me directly. We stand at your service should you require any assistance with your Porsche vehicles.

Jason Nelson
Manager, Customer Commitment
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
980 Hammond Dr, Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30328

phone: 770 290 3446
fax: 770 290 3583
email: jason.nelson@porsche.us
This is confusing. What is unreasonable about a 100% buy back for this mess or just giving him a new car?

How are either of these unreasonable? He's not asking for their first born.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:32 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ma991
I emailed Jason Nelson, their manager of customer commitment. Here's his response. None of us (besides Nick and Jason) know both sides of this story.

Mr. Gois,

Thank you very much for sharing your concern. Since I cannot divulge the details of a confidential offer between ourselves and another customer I can only tell you that we believe we have gone above and beyond to provide Mr. Murray with what is fair, much more than what the law provides in his situation. He has asked for additional concessions which I felt were unreasonable and could not oblige.

Please understand that you are dealing with only one side of a story and I assure you Mr. Murray has left out a number of important details in his video. We take our commitment to our customers very seriously and we deal with every one of them in a fair and equitable manner. We step up to our responsibility when it is required of us and have done no different in this case.

Thank you again for reaching out to me directly. We stand at your service should you require any assistance with your Porsche vehicles.
You know up to now, I've been watching this saga, thinking to myself, well it happens I suppose and just grateful it wasn't me.... Not really having a negative opinion about Porsche or their cust svc..

But now, I find it appalling he would even comment. His answer to a 3rd party should simply be we can't comment.. (because in reality it is no one else's business)

Instead he passive aggressively said I can't talk about it, but proceeds to say there is more sides to the story and go on to imply say that Mr Murry is being greedy..

What an @ss clown..

sounds as if he is bordering on slander with that comment.. I hope they get toasted over this..

Last edited by scatkins; 04-16-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cutters68
One year ago today my '05 997S blew its engine (IMS failure) in downtown Chicago in route to be traded for my current 991S. I was 3 weeks out of CPO warranty. I was physically sick.

The dealer Fox Valley in Appleton, WI said they would do all they could for me in dealing with PCNA to get a good faith solution. Fox Valley towed my 997S the final 160 miles, gave me a loaner for the day and put me up for the night in a nice hotel near the dealership. I flew home the next day and waited. PCNA requested that the IMS failure be confirmed. Long story shortened. 10 days later I was on a plane back to Appleton to take delivery of my 991S. PCNA picked up the tab on the blown engine and gave me my full trade amount. Happy PCNA ending. I think they will do right by Nick. It's a shame that it has gone on this long. How easy it would be for them to drop his exact build into the line and give him a loaner for his troubles until it arrives. PCNA we are all counting on you to do the right thing. There is still time to save this customer and give every one on this forum a warm fuzzy feeling that Porsche is committed to customer satisfaction.

Wishing you the best Nick! Cheers!
John
Well given the IMS history, saga and most importantly bad publicity, I'm sure that helped them decide to do the right thing..

But it is good they did the right thing.. hopefully they will do the same for nick...

Old 04-16-2014, 08:44 PM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Hmmm I wonder what he claims I have missed out. It is pretty straight forward.

I have not named names or given details because that would be stepping over the line. The offer on the table is money back minus a percentage for the miles I have covered. How much they take off is really what I am pressing them on.

Maybe that is unreasonable, but all things considered I think not. I have no idea what I would get if I take it to litigation but I think I will find out next week.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:47 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
I don't understand all the hate for PCNA in this thread. I understand not liking the position they are taking in this case but if Murray's facts are right he will win easy.
There is truth in this and court will bring it to resolution. Plain and simple.
I guess that the mixed feelings about PCNA exist for a reason. The 3 times I dealt with them was not a pleasant experience and I hung up on some stubborn employee twice. I went to the dealership, explained the issue and asked them if they wanted to help resolving it with a higher management level at PCNA or wanted me to engage in a legal process and lose my business. The dealership stepped in and resolved the issue promptly.

Now when I take a step back and look at this, there is some good cop/bad cop theme going on. 'Corporate' has to set policies and rules tat protect the company while the dealership is the one that has to retain the customer and help handle the 'exceptions'. I have not gone back through Nick's threads but I am surprised that the dealership is not playing a more active role in reaching an agreement.
There may two sides to a story but, right or wrong, PCNA failed to contain and fix the issue and ends up with a black eye in the mind of many community members.

All of this being said, this sad story will not wipe the smile off my face when I start my 911 tomorrow morning, make me consider it a lesser car and I'll still be a fan of Porsche Motorsports. I will feel sorry that Porsche is not a brand I can admire for being customer minded. And maybe they do not care so much because their products are so great... if it was not for a lemon.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:52 PM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
I am going to go out on a limb and predict PCNA will offer the full cost of the car back as a refund some time immediately before the arbitration.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 PM
wanderfalke will become famous soon enough
All manufacturers product cars that are lemons. How the customer,dealer,and builder handle the problem is the key. The intangible factor for me would be the threat of being left stranded. The lack of confidence would be my biggest concern.It is hard to put a dollar amount on the value of lost confidence and time.The thought of walking up to the 911 and not knowing if it was going to start, or worst strand me, would ruin the new car ownership experience. It would be hard to put a price on it . If it was me I would want a new car so I could enjoy that new car feel that 991 has the assets to deliver. In a year or two the whole thing would be pushed to the back of my mind .

Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 PM
nash667 has a spectacular aura aboutnash667 has a spectacular aura about
This video has gone viral, or will be very soon. My 17 year old cousin just sent it to me over Facebook. Looks like it's going to be getting a lot of attention soon.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:41 AM
mtarone is on a distinguished road
Now all over PCNA's facebook page!

Nick, I agree with one of the posters above, you will get a call shortly before arbitration.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:46 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yonkers
Wow. This is not only on the front page of Reddit but it's also the top story.
Companies and governments haven't figured out how powerful social media is....but I'm confident they will.

ChuckJ

Old 04-17-2014, 04:55 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nmurray22
Hmmm I wonder what he claims I have missed out. It is pretty straight forward.

I have not named names or given details because that would be stepping over the line. The offer on the table is money back minus a percentage for the miles I have covered. How much they take off is really what I am pressing them on.

Maybe that is unreasonable, but all things considered I think not. I have no idea what I would get if I take it to litigation but I think I will find out next week.
If your state is like mine, there's a standard formula Nick. You pay a small mileage fee for the miles you have used the car before the first time you took it in for the item that caused the lemon law decision. You can figure out right now what you'll get if you are awarded a buyback decision. That may help you with your decision.

ChuckJ
PS. If you don't accept the amount from the litigation you can go to court but my experience is on balance you will get less there, risk appeal forever and suffer more mental pain and anguish.

Last edited by ChuckJ; 04-17-2014 at 04:59 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:22 AM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough
I see it like this:
PCNA is offering what they must under the law (the mileage discounted sum).
Not a great PR move, obviously, but the law nonetheless.
The OP wants more 100% (and possibly some good faith gesture) and rightfully deserves it, IMO.
But when it comes down to it, PCNA knows the law and what they must do--no more, no less.

I wonder if the OP never posted any videos, if this would have all shaked out differently?
At this point, PCNA is pissed, I'm sure, and egos are funny things, they make people do stupid things and make bad decisions. But I bet the egos at PCNA are like, "F this guy, give him the minimum!"
Just my .02.

I get the OPs reasons for the videos (and they're informative and "entertaining" for us), but I wonder if they hurt his cause early on.
Let me say that I truly feel for the OP and PCNA's handling is terrible, but I think one is better to air his/her dirty laundry after the fact

Last edited by BlackSpeed; 04-17-2014 at 05:25 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video