991 is history

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 05:58 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4S991
Johnny Ringo had a more than a few issues ....

http://www.johnnyringo.com/jrdeath.html

Last edited by HotHonda; 02-10-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:15 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Good Luck

I hope you find your mid engine NSX will be everything that you believe it will be. You have been a great contribution here and I liked reading your posts...

Originally Posted by HotHonda
Felt dirty every time I interacted
with authorized dealers.

I'll remember to use some Hand Sanitizer when going to the Dealerships...

Curious, where will you put the front license plate?

Old 02-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Sunny_M3 will become famous soon enoughSunny_M3 will become famous soon enough
I am sorry, but if you seriously think that maintenance is going to be any cheaper on the new NSX, you might be in for a HUGE wake up call.

At the end of the day, its your call, but leaving Porsche for the reasons you stated just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

NOTE: I don't currently own a Porsche and am not bias toward them; I am a general enthusiast of all cars.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:11 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Hey HotHonda, glad to see you getting back at NSX and that 991 is history "FOR YOU"!!

Now you've been spoiled by 991S, I can't wait to see you getting into hybrid NSX and first expressions

Last edited by Fester; 02-11-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:38 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by drcollie
Excellent. So you'll be leaving us (alone)? Have a GREAT life on the Honda forum.
Lol

To the OP, not a decision I would make (even with a gun to my head), but enjoy your new vehicle!

Old 02-13-2015, 04:04 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
I've been waiting a decade for the new NSX. And what a letdown it is. No inspiration, just a mix of R8, corvette and ferrari. It's oldfashioned before it hits the streets. Now that Ford GT on the other hand, if they can get a decent engine in there instead of a turbo ecoboost crap thing ...

Old 02-13-2015, 10:59 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bccars
I've been waiting a decade for the new NSX. And what a letdown it is. No inspiration, just a mix of R8, corvette and ferrari. It's oldfashioned before it hits the streets. Now that Ford GT on the other hand, if they can get a decent engine in there instead of a turbo ecoboost crap thing ...
Other than the bad marketing name, +600hp from a twin turbo DFI V6 with a low-friction roller-finger-follower valvetrain sounds decent enough to me

Old 02-13-2015, 08:42 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Other than the bad marketing name, +600hp from a twin turbo DFI V6 with a low-friction roller-finger-follower valvetrain sounds decent enough to me
Its all about promoting "ecoboost".
That's probrably the only reason management approved the project.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:33 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by HotHonda

Love your NSX I had one recently that I sold and replaced with an R8. I love the new NSX it is going to be one heck of a car and I bet in person it is going to look even more stunning then the pictures.

Congrats !!

Old 02-20-2015, 03:32 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by KonaKai
I don't like turbo engines. I'd love to see a NA or NA-hybrid engine in that gorgeous Ford GT !

Old 02-23-2015, 09:01 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs down "2016 Acura NSX OPPORTUNITY SQUANDERED"

2015 AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE, April By Robert Cumberford.

To the OP I'm sorry to break the news to you if you already didn't know but the ignition piece by Robert Cumberford says that, " It is very hard to mess up the styling of a mid-engine sports car, but Acura has managed it." He goes on to talk about the poor design cues. I counted 19 things he did not like out of the possible 25, and we haven't even got to the engine or suspension yet.

To the lay person, the car looks nice, but to someone in the know, it is disappointing and cheaply done.

I only bring this up to maybe help you, stop this outlandish thinking. You drive the car, not the dealership.

All the dealerships I have dealt with have bent over backwards to help me and my vehicles. They have done so, not because I spend a 100K on a vehicle and demand service, but because I am passionate about the brand, appreciate the service, and I am humble.

It may very well be you, that is having the issue, and not the dealerships you come in contact with... Food for thought... my .02 cents

Old 02-23-2015, 12:23 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Regarding Robert Cumberford....was told a long time ago to "consider the source" .

As far as the rest of your analysis.....thanks & enjoy your Porsche(s).

Old 02-23-2015, 12:44 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
HotHonda,
Congrats on your upcoming car. I truly hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for all your contributions to this forum, because 68 Rep points are nothing to sneeze at.
Drive safely and make sure you post a link to your new NSX along with first impressions.

Best wishes..

Old 02-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks Dux...sincerely appreciated!

Old 02-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Vise is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
2015 AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE, April By Robert Cumberford.
Here is a link to the article, I had to look it up:

By Design: 2016 Acura NSX

Funny that he nailed my impressions of seeing the NSX in person... after being initially impressed I started to wonder why so many black plastic grilles all over the car in different shapes/finishes. While I have no doubt that it will be a great car based on the numbers alone I don't think styling wise it will be considered iconic in any way... either way look forward to hearing fast hand impressions and potentially taking one for a spin.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 is history