991.2 Spotted in Colorado?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 08:31 PM
barbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura about
991.2 Spotted in Colorado?

Strange thing happened on my lunch break today. Saw a black 991 on the road, which I almost never see in the wild. Since it's so rare to see one near my job, I slowed down to take a look at it in motion. The driver was driving so slow, it was hard to even get next to it. It was an older woman in her 50's or maybe even early 60's. She was probably driving about 37 mph on a 55 mph road. It was very bizarre and frustrating, but in a way it made me more determined.

So about a mile into it, I finally got next to her and then a second 991 that I hadn't seen suddenly appears, this time driven by a younger male. He gave it a little punch on the gas, but still he was driving pretty slow. When he drove by the 1st 991, I noticed that the tail lights had some sort of darker wrap tint on them, and it was cut kind of jagged like a test mule. I've seen many test cars in my life, having lived in Stuttgart for several years in the past.

I then noticed that the rear valance was different, like the 991.2 spy shots I'd seen on the web. Most noticeably, the closer-to-center placement of the tail pipes.

I also noticed that the license plates were from Michigan on both cars which is quite far away from Denver. I snapped a few pics, but I felt weird about photographing some stranger's car so I did it as incognito as I could. Sorry, no front shots, but it didn't look like much was changed. I couldn't notice any difference from the quick glances I got at the front. The cars were black though, and pretty dirty so it's hard to say. That coupled with the fact that they were driving so slow that it was hard to get a good look.

Anyway, here is the best pic I could manage considering the circumstances.

1st car

2nd car

Last edited by barbancourt; 03-09-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Vise is on a distinguished road
Yep definitely a 991.2 test mule, very similar to the other spy photos out there. Nice spot!

Old 03-09-2015, 08:50 PM
barbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura about
I originally thought that both cars were the same, but the other car had dual tips and more standard placement. Also had what looked like a turbo rear deck spoiler.

[Pic moved to the first post]

Last edited by barbancourt; 03-09-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:57 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Great job!!!!

ChuckJ

Old 03-10-2015, 11:55 AM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
the center placement of the tail pipes look hideous

Old 03-10-2015, 12:15 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
What's a "Younger Male" doing driving a 911?
He's suppose to be in his Grandmothers Old Civic!

Old 03-10-2015, 03:49 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Great catch, thanks for posting the pics. The centered exhaust tips aren't my thing . . . wonder if that's one of the ways they're planning on differentiating the base from the S models.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:51 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah that may be base vs. Carrera S with the tips difference. I'm going to wait about a year into their launch to see how all this goes. My PTT will keep me company.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:29 AM
SergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the rough
Looks like a European model with the wider space for the European license plates.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:47 PM
PikesPeakRacing is on a distinguished road
Nice catch!

Old 03-12-2015, 12:34 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Nice spotting indeed. It's very weird that grandma was driving at low speed

If they're driving so slow (less than 70mph), why the heck the spoilers are up? Probably testing something...

The Michigan plates are typically for pre-launch cars .. Not sure what the deal is as typically it makes sense for American cars (big 3 are in MI). Yet, I've seen it on many pre-launched or very early launch cars (seen on merc S class and others before)

And yes, that's european spec bumper.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:31 AM
tron786 is on a distinguished road
Nice spot.
I wonder if the rear lights are made larger as covered by tape.
Different strokes but I like the centralized twin pipes for the base.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:46 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tron786
Nice spot.
The tape over the lights hides new ones that are the same size as the current ones but with Macan-like 3- dimensionality.

I like the centralized pipes too, but have to wonder it they are for the Carrera with the S keeping the spread ones and "4 hole" tips. Maybe marketing thinks more pipes = better? I would like them more if they were like the GT3. Just so they don't go all Corvette and put 4 pipes in the middle! :-)

Old 03-15-2015, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by tron786
Nice spot.
No, it's not just the tape.

I also kind of like the pipes on the base.

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
The tape over the lights hides new ones that are the same size as the current ones but with Macan-like 3- dimensionality.
They are not the same size. The 991.2 are bigger with a different shape.

Last edited by barbancourt; 03-15-2015 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:56 AM
tron786 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by barbancourt
No, it's not just the tape. I also kind of like the pipes on the base. They are not the same size. The 991.2 are bigger with a different shape.
How do you know that they are a different shape? Insider info 😜

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Spotted in Colorado?