Painted Front Air Intake + Side Skirts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:54 AM
eddtiff is on a distinguished road
Painted Front Air Intake + Side Skirts

I'm about to confirm all my options on my 2016 Carrera White Metallic TT build and I have 2 more things I'm not 100% sure on.

I like the painted side skirts but I don't the painted rear apron. Does it look strange if I only have the sides done?

Secondly, I think I like the look of the painted front air intake more than it just being black. I haven't really found that many photos on the web so I'm not entirely sure on this one. What do you guys think?

Old 04-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Squires9914s is on a distinguished road
Painted side skirts is preferred ...dont do the rear

Old 04-09-2015, 07:16 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eddtiff
I'm about to confirm all my options on my 2016 Carrera White Metallic TT build and I have 2 more things I'm not 100% sure on. I like the painted side skirts but I don't the painted rear apron. Does it look strange if I only have the sides done? Secondly, I think I like the look of the painted front air intake more than it just being black. I haven't really found that many photos on the web so I'm not entirely sure on this one. What do you guys think?
Side skirts are nice painted

Rear apron is optional. I like it painted, but black is nice too

DO NOT paint the front grills. Especially white. Will stand out like a sore thumb. The "back hole" look is preferable.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by STG991
Side skirts are nice painted

Rear apron is optional. I like it painted, but black is nice too

DO NOT paint the front grills. Especially white. Will stand out like a sore thumb. The "back hole" look is preferable.
Thanks for the advice on the front grills. The side skirts painted complete the look I guess. Let me try to dig up some more photos!

Old 04-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I have White 991S Cab (see avatar) with red interior. Had the rear and wheels painted red and then trimmed the front grill bars in red also. Looks great.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:40 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Snowczar
I have White 991S Cab (see avatar) with red interior. Had the rear and wheels painted red and then trimmed the front grill bars in red also. Looks great.
Post some pics of that beauty!!!!

Old 04-13-2015, 02:39 AM
I found some pics with white air intakes and it doesn't look great. Work much better with GT Silver or a darker hue.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:52 AM
viper3838 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jironarcis
Had the rear and wheels painted red and then trimmed the front grill bars in red also.
Pics please?

Old 04-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Jgreer902 is on a distinguished road
So I have ordered a 2016 GTS lava orange, with Aerokit. Just limited time to make changes. I went with unpainted side skirts and rear. I think the black will look nice with the Orange. Now I'm thinking the front spoiler lip should be painted black. The GT3 RS has this and it looks super cool.
Am thinking of getting an additional lip in black. Thoughts and opinions?

Old 04-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jgreer902
So I have ordered a 2016 GTS lava orange, with Aerokit. Just limited time to make changes. I went with unpainted side skirts and rear. I think the black will look nice with the Orange. Now I'm thinking the front spoiler lip should be painted black. The GT3 RS has this and it looks super cool.
Am thinking of getting an additional lip in black. Thoughts and opinions?
I agree the black lip on the GT3 looks pretty sick. With your GTS, I would keep the side skirts unpainted and leave the Sport Design front apron as it is. I think it looks good enough as it is. It might look a bit out of place if you paint it black.

Congratz on the awesome colour selection!

Old 04-16-2015, 05:30 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I for one don't like the base, boring, black front grilles. At least paint 'em jet black metallic, or agate gray. Something a little different. To me that's the weak point of the whole front end.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:44 PM
Rapture1 is on a distinguished road

I have the front grills painted, and well everything else I could at the time. The skirts painted were not available when I ordered my car but I am going to have that done soon also.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Rapture1

I have the front grills painted, and well everything else I could at the time. The skirts painted were not available when I ordered my car but I am going to have that done soon also.
You have a wonderful looking car Rapture. Front Air Intake work really well in silver. I think it doesn't look so good on white though! Loved the black technos btw~

Old 04-17-2015, 02:43 AM
uzegnaramo can only hope to improve
Had the rear and wheels painted red and then trimmed the front grill bars in red also. Looks great.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stg991
side skirts are nice painted

rear apron is optional. I like it painted, but black is nice too

do not paint the front grills. Especially white. Will stand out like a sore thumb. The "back hole" look is preferable.
+1

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted Front Air Intake + Side Skirts