6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991-145/)
-   -   Traded Cayman S for 991 and now adding rims (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/372794-traded-cayman-s-991-now-adding-rims.html)

PorscheCrazy 09-07-2015 10:27 AM

Love 'em wheels!

Very nice!

brickdawg 09-07-2015 12:11 PM

More

Thanks for the great feedback on the wheels. It makes me feel good about my choice of rims.

So far I feel like the 911 is more of a GT and the Cayman more of a tossable sports car. The 911 is comfortable but I also think it is due to the nav, Bluetooth and PDK. The Cayman did not even have Bluetooth as an option in 2007 plus it was a manual. I will miss driving the manual and the engagement of the driver/car.

The convenience of having a back seat and taking my kids everywhere this weekend has been the best part!

Here is another photo I took on a trip to West Elm and Crate and Barrel yesterday.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...92cffe864b.jpg

CarreraPete 09-07-2015 03:47 PM

The car along with the mods look great. Enjoy it!

Sizzle Chest 09-07-2015 03:53 PM

Thanks for the update and the pics with mods! Car looks GREAT!!! Nice drop/stance and the wheels are killer!

Good job!

PCar75 09-09-2015 12:13 PM

What's the going rate for dropping the car? laborwise.. been tossing around the idea of lowering mines as well, but my driveway is oh so steep..

brickdawg 09-09-2015 06:19 PM

Sping install

I was charged for three hours of time to install the springs. It was around $400
In labor and the springs were $650 including shipping.

Way before I had the concrete poured for our driveway, I told our builder I want zero elevation and smooth as butter where the driveway meets the street. I had a friend in a 458 come over last week and he made a comment on how nice the driveway is.

Originally Posted by PCar75 (Post 4397512)
What's the going rate for dropping the car? laborwise.. been tossing around the idea of lowering mines as well, but my driveway is oh so steep..

eg991 09-10-2015 03:56 PM

Beautiful car, and I really love the rims. Excellent choice. Car also sits just right.

brickdawg 09-11-2015 10:44 AM

Wheel

1 Attachment(s)
This is a close up of the rear wheel for those looking to see the affect of the 30mm drop with TechArt springs on a 991 w/out PASM.

brickdawg 09-11-2015 10:48 AM

991 Rear

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a rear shot of the 991. I just got in my black floor mats today. I think they will look good with the luxor beige interior. Trying to copy the 991s with the combo black/luxor interior option ;)

Also, EVS put Modesta BC-06 on my wheel face and barrel. Modesta is some sort of clear protection and repels brake dust.

My friend at EVS is encouraging me to get the Vorsteiner carbon rear spoiler but I am pretty happy with the looks right now. I still can't believe this is my car!

ltdodge 09-11-2015 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by brickdawg (Post 4398727)
Here is a rear shot of the 991. I just got in my black floor mats today. I think they will look good with the luxor beige interior. Trying to copy the 991s with the combo black/luxor interior option ;)

Also, EVS put Modesta BC-06 on my wheel face and barrel. Modesta is some sort of clear protection and repels brake dust.

My friend at EVS is encouraging me to get the Vorsteiner carbon rear spoiler but I am pretty happy with the looks right now. I still can't believe this is my car!

congrats on your car! love the white.

AlecS 09-11-2015 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by brickdawg (Post 4398727)

Sweet setup. Really looks great. Applause for not getting standard mesh rims. I love those. BADASS.

Alec