Reduced Engine Power

Old 09-28-2015, 10:33 AM
vkvmd is on a distinguished road
Reduced Engine Power

While driving, I suddenly got this warning... "Reduced Engine Power" (in Red).... Limped at low speed to the dealer..... Waiting to see what it means.... Any thoughts?

Old 09-28-2015, 11:18 AM
akbjr will become famous soon enoughakbjr will become famous soon enough
Hi there,

Could be the fuel pump, happened to me once in a 997, they replaced it and all was good, dont worry.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
It could be a number of things; I believe most of these errors are linked to emissions manfunctions. I had the same thing come up on my 991 in 2014, and it ended up being a faulty seal on a vacuum plug. Quick fix.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
The beauty of modern engine management. Something is wrong, it's letting you know, then reduces power so nothing is damaged. Let us know what the dealer says...

Old 09-28-2015, 07:34 PM
vkvmd is on a distinguished road
Looks like it is the valve throttle assembly.... I had brought the car in a few months ago for some hesitation at low speed with throttle "tip-in", but they couldn't find anything wrong with it at that time. To me it sounds like the same problem. I've heard a lot of people have had issues with some throttle hesitation at low speeds

Old 10-05-2015, 02:04 PM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Same thing happened to me last week. Was also the throttle valve (or what's it called in english ?)