Smog check

Old 03-02-2016, 12:04 PM
OMFS27 is on a distinguished road
Smog check

Looking for some help. First time Porsche owner and first time out of state buyer.

I had the car shipped to California and need a smog check to get my plates here in Cali.

I went to the smog dealer and everything passed but the ECM portion came back as incomplete. So they said to drive it couple hundred miles and come back. Done.

Today I go back and the same thing. Incomplete. He said to drive it couple hundred more miles. I have 450 miles on the clock.

At this point do I take it to the dealer? Do I drive it couple hundred more miles? Do I go to another smog dealer?

Thanks!

Do

Old 03-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Brian E is on a distinguished road
Below may help.

How to perform a Generic Drive Cycle. Generic Drive Cycle Instructions:

1) The generic drive cycle begins with a cold start. Coolant temperatures must be below 122 °F and the difference between coolant and air temperatures read by the sensors must be within 11 degrees.
2) The ignition key must not be left on prior to the cold start – otherwise the heated oxygen sensor may not run.
3) As soon as the engine starts, idle the engine in drive for 2-1/2 minutes with the air conditioning and the rear defrost on.
4) Turn the air conditioning and the rear defrost off and accelerate to 55 mph under moderate and constant acceleration. Hold at a steady 55 mph for at least 3 minutes.
5) Decelerate to 20 mph without braking or depressing the clutch.
6) Accelerate back to 55 to 60 mph. Hold for 5 minutes. Decelerate to a stop without braking.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:44 AM
OMFS27 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Brian E
Below may help.

How to perform a Generic Drive Cycle. Generic Drive Cycle Instructions:

1) The generic drive cycle begins with a cold start. Coolant temperatures must be below 122 °F and the difference between coolant and air temperatures read by the sensors must be within 11 degrees.
2) The ignition key must not be left on prior to the cold start – otherwise the heated oxygen sensor may not run.
3) As soon as the engine starts, idle the engine in drive for 2-1/2 minutes with the air conditioning and the rear defrost on.
4) Turn the air conditioning and the rear defrost off and accelerate to 55 mph under moderate and constant acceleration. Hold at a steady 55 mph for at least 3 minutes.
5) Decelerate to 20 mph without braking or depressing the clutch.
6) Accelerate back to 55 to 60 mph. Hold for 5 minutes. Decelerate to a stop without braking.
Thanks B. I will try it.