2017 GTS lease rates?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 09:33 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Hi. I haven't posted on 6-Speed in quite a while. I had a 997 for a while, traded it in and have had a Panamera Turbo for about 5.5 years. I spec'ed it, it's been a great car and I've really enjoyed it, but now I'm feeling the itch for a sports car again. I've decided on Targa 4 GTS in Agate Grey, have added lots of options and the very elegant GTS Interior package, I think it will be a stunner inside and out.

Now, when I explored financing with the dealer, I was stunned that the 36 month lease residual value for 15k miles per year was only 50%. For 10k it increases to 53%. But still super low by lease standards which should be wrapped around 60%. The comment I got was that for the more specialized cars such as the GTS and the Turbos, that the residual assumptions are always depressed. I was very surprised given that I thought they tended to hold their value better.

The conclusion? Leasing a GTS is very expensive and probably not practical. Loan financing rates are still pretty low despite interest rates having risen and it's my plan to finance a portion of the value with a loan.

Hope that helps. Looking forward to the new car. Should arrive second half of May if everything stays on schedule.

Anybody want to buy a lovingly maintained, but 72k mile 2012 Panamera Turbo?

Old 02-14-2017, 03:22 AM
rkwfxd is an unknown quantity at this point
That seems extremely low. However, it does go with something similar my SA told me. He did not have the lease rates when I asked but said the GTS would not have the same lease rates as an S.

Anyone lease a 991.1 that you can share the details with us here?

Old 02-20-2017, 01:50 PM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bwiele
Hi. I haven't posted on 6-Speed in quite a while. I had a 997 for a while, traded it in and have had a Panamera Turbo for about 5.5 years. I spec'ed it, it's been a great car and I've really enjoyed it, but now I'm feeling the itch for a sports car again. I've decided on Targa 4 GTS in Agate Grey, have added lots of options and the very elegant GTS Interior package, I think it will be a stunner inside and out.

Now, when I explored financing with the dealer, I was stunned that the 36 month lease residual value for 15k miles per year was only 50%. For 10k it increases to 53%. But still super low by lease standards which should be wrapped around 60%. The comment I got was that for the more specialized cars such as the GTS and the Turbos, that the residual assumptions are always depressed. I was very surprised given that I thought they tended to hold their value better.

The conclusion? Leasing a GTS is very expensive and probably not practical. Loan financing rates are still pretty low despite interest rates having risen and it's my plan to finance a portion of the value with a loan.

Hope that helps. Looking forward to the new car. Should arrive second half of May if everything stays on schedule.

Anybody want to buy a lovingly maintained, but 72k mile 2012 Panamera Turbo?
great info, thank you for sharing

Old 03-25-2017, 09:09 PM
occ2s is on a distinguished road
i've been looking at the lease rates for a 17 gts, as i'm using the pull ahead for my 15 c2s......the rates are terrible, and they are NOT willing to deal . I've called all over the us, and they all say this is a 'hot' car, and will all be spoke for.
I'm looking at a 17 turbo coupe, only $200 more per month than a gts....they are discounting it quite a bit

Old 03-25-2017, 09:13 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by occ2s
i've been looking at the lease rates for a 17 gts, as i'm using the pull ahead for my 15 c2s......the rates are terrible, and they are NOT willing to deal . I've called all over the us, and they all say this is a 'hot' car, and will all be spoke for.
I'm looking at a 17 turbo coupe, only $200 more per month than a gts....they are discounting it quite a bit
What were you finding and for how many miles/yr? I am looking for a C2S if that helps!

Old 03-30-2017, 06:15 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
I've explored this recently, and there is an important feature that often gets overlooked -- depreciation. If you lease, the additional amount you pay is really risk insurance for depreciation. If you buy and finance, you take the risk yourself. One accident during the first 3 years could cost you $25,000 if it puts a mark on Carfax. Now you have a "wrecked" vehicle you are trying to sell. Why not make Porsche take that risk, and enjoy your car knowing you can give it back in few years and get a new one?

Old 03-31-2017, 08:06 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls
I've explored this recently, and there is an important feature that often gets overlooked -- depreciation. If you lease, the additional amount you pay is really risk insurance for depreciation. If you buy and finance, you take the risk yourself. One accident during the first 3 years could cost you $25,000 if it puts a mark on Carfax. Now you have a "wrecked" vehicle you are trying to sell. Why not make Porsche take that risk, and enjoy your car knowing you can give it back in few years and get a new one?
Agreed (although I bought mine before I thought of this benefit). Then, there's the benefit of giving it back to Porsche if something comes up like the "stumble" that has plagued many people. And if it's the perfect car, you just buy it at the end of the lease.

ChuckJ

Old 03-31-2017, 10:01 AM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
Exactly. I had to use my horn twice in Lowe's parking lot last Saturday ...

A couple of years ago, a lady hit my daughter's car causing about $2,500 in damage. When I went to sell, the mark on the CarFax probably cost me $10k.

On a side note, I've been told that if you ask your insurance carrier, some of them do include a "loss of value" element. A friend did it and got a check for $8k on top of the cost to repair.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:11 PM
rs4fast is on a distinguished road
Not one person has actually answered the OP question....

Old 07-10-2018, 11:13 PM
TeutonicDDS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle
I asked a local dealer if he can give me a general ideal, and he says that he can't until the cars are released. He also said Euro delivery is an extra $3500 cost, which makes no sense to me.

Anyone have an idea of what a new GTS would lease for? 36m, 7500miles, tier1, base car
Well ill take a shot at this in 2019 as related to the current yr car:
$137k build, only drive offs, modest/avg discount from msrp, 7.75% tax rate, youre looking at $2300-2400/mo.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:03 PM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
thanks. I've picked up a 997tt a year ago, seemed like a better deal

Old 07-11-2018, 10:40 PM
TeutonicDDS is on a distinguished road
Well congrats on the turbo 997! It’s funny that was/is my favorite 911-the ultimate progression of this iconic car.
ultimately with euro delivery being poss (& since I lease through my Corp,)I found the 991.2 GTS irresistible.
I still look at the turbo 997 as an all-time classic - like my 355GTS it will always look perfect! Enjoy man

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.