Anyone use Apple car play and Porsche connect?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 03:34 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of

Do you have it in your Porsche?
Do you actually use it?
What do you use it for?
Does it bring anything to the car that Porsche doesn't offer already?

My PCM already does these things:
phone integrates via bluetooth, or USB
has Navigation
plays music from my Ipod/iphone via bluetooth or usb
call people using my cellphone
has voice control

I see apple car play as a cute phone integration, and it reads texts if I want it to. I haven't really given it much of a chance, but I do have it in my 911. Either it is a stupid option, or I'm just not using it to my full potential.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:58 PM
mrveda is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes it's pretty easy to use - good to play your iPhone music and send text messages more easily. Especially with the multi function steering wheel.

Apple maps is garbage unfortunately as it keeps changing direction every 60 seconds. Maybe the phone App or carplay fault but not usable which is a great shame.
​​​​​​​
Was a great novelty when being shown how to use it but ultimately does not really provided anything more or better than what is already there as you said.

Last edited by mrveda; 05-24-2017 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-02-2017, 06:59 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Love it... far better than previous system.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:39 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mrveda
Yes it's pretty easy to use - good to play your iPhone music and send text messages more easily.
OMG as if there aren't enough milleniums, snowflakes and pot heads (WA) in 39 cent cars texting and driving.............now we have Porsche drivers doing it?? Guess it explains the "new Porsche clientele".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.