carrera PCM map and traffic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:21 PM
akbjr will become famous soon enoughakbjr will become famous soon enough
carrera PCM map and traffic

hello all

can anyone tell me is the traffic info on the porsche pcm map built in or a part of a sirius xm traffic package which is a paid subscription?

or is it part of the connect plus subscription?

thanks

Old 06-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 2012 and it is part of my Sirius subscription.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:26 AM
akbjr will become famous soon enoughakbjr will become famous soon enough
So according to Sirius it is a part of GPS of the car and they have no additional data package for Porsche. Meaning no additional subscription is needed. Can anyone confirm this?

Old 06-09-2017, 10:11 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by akbjr
So according to Sirius it is a part of GPS of the car and they have no additional data package for Porsche. Meaning no additional subscription is needed. Can anyone confirm this?
I used to pay separate from the Sirius audio service, see this:
http://www.siriusxm.com/navtraffic/pricing?desktop=yes

Sirius wants you to bundle things but you can pay for traffic alone. I did it in two 911 and a merc.

Btw, on a Porsche you'll only see major highways and quite delayed far from what Waze or google offer. One could argue if it's worth 4/ month. On a merc we could see some major streets and avenues

Things show better on PCM 4, but still very unreliable imho. That is google based, free for 1 year (MY 17 and on)

Last edited by John McLane; 06-09-2017 at 10:28 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.