BlazinPond's 2018 991.2 GTS build, delivery, and ownership thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 09:48 AM
sladha is an unknown quantity at this point
Great looking car. I have yet to see the chalk in person, I'm sure pictures don't do it justice. Are those the sport tex seats? Good choice in avoiding the alcantara!

Old 09-17-2017, 08:52 AM
GS6Speed will become famous soon enough
October is just around the corner......can't wait to see the real life photos. Nice choice with the color change.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:33 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Chalk is really nice. A little darker than the name implies perhaps. I've seen 2 thus far ... both at the dealership. A 991 and Panamera.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:07 PM
mhorton79 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've seen Chalk in person a few times. All on Panameras. One of them had the wheels in matching Chalk as well. It was nice.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:54 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Thanks guys.

As far as the seats go, I went with the 14-way this time.
I've had 18-way in my last 2 cars, wanted to try something else.
Hopefully, I don't regret it but when I sat on them in dealership, I didn't mind at all.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:42 AM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
VIKING QUEEN is getting closer to Davisville w/ my car

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_29e.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	674.8 KB
ID:	513155  
Old 09-24-2017, 07:46 AM
Even better....
My full exhaust system has arrived, just need the darn car

Akrapovic slip on
Fabspeed Catbypass pipes
Fabspeed O2 sensor extensions

Name:	IMG_5833.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	513156   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5835.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	513158   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5836.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	513159   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5837.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	513160   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5839.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	513161  

Old 09-24-2017, 10:17 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
However, part of what influenced my decision was two fold:
1) I recently read an article on the new 2017 GTS and the Nurburgring performance. The new GTS is 16 seconds faster than the outgoing natural aspirated 991.1 version... which i could not get out of my mind. And no, i don't plan to be a track junky, but that says a lot to me about the overall performance of the 991.2.
2) The 991.2 motor already won an international award for design/performance>>

I haven't driven the new 3.0 liter twin-turbo engine, and I'm sure it's a beast- but the 16 seconds- I'd wonder about the configuration of both vehicles on that comparison. I've heard that PDCC alone is worth about 4 seconds on a big track like that. PDK is worth at least that as well. Then the rest is engine, rear axle steering, etc. My point is that the 16 sec can be a little misleading.

I guess the benefit would depend on the track...Hockenheim Court for example, the difference with PDK vs. PDK is about 1-1.5 seconds between the 2 vehicles.

The 991.1 GTS is faster than a Cayman GT4, both on street and on track. It's got similar numbers to the 997 GT3 on street and on track...just keeping it in context here.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:43 AM
The mothership has landed...

Name:	fullsizeoutput_2a8.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	481.1 KB
ID:	513292   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_2aa.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	651.6 KB
ID:	513293  
Old 09-25-2017, 01:34 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Even better....
My full exhaust system has arrived, just need the darn car

Akrapovic slip on
Fabspeed Catbypass pipes
Fabspeed O2 sensor extensions
Excited to see that the Akrapovic Slip-On and the ship containing your 911 has arrived. Subscribed to this thread!

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by WheelB
Excited to see that the Akrapovic Slip-On and the ship containing your 911 has arrived. Subscribed to this thread!
Thanks David!
Appreciate the quick shipping on the Akrapovic slip on unit.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Car is officially off the ship!
Viking Queen was unloaded quickly before taking off again.

Funny, the ship arrived a least a day early...drove around 50 miles out at sea, driving in circles waiting for Monday a.m.
Now, nearly 12 hours later, it's heading back to Germany, Eden or wherever.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_2ae.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	614.0 KB
ID:	513306  

Last edited by BlazinPond; 09-25-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:53 PM
J5isalive is an unknown quantity at this point
love people who have a stack of parts ready for their new car.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:46 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
I haven't heard it in person, but I DO like what I hear the video that Akrapovic has of that new system for the 991.2 cars.

Bravo for having those parts ready to go!

(APPLAUSE!)

Old 09-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chance6
However, part of what influenced my decision was two fold:
1) I recently read an article on the new 2017 GTS and the Nurburgring performance. The new GTS is 16 seconds faster than the outgoing natural aspirated 991.1 version... which i could not get out of my mind. And no, i don't plan to be a track junky, but that says a lot to me about the overall performance of the 991.2.
2) The 991.2 motor already won an international award for design/performance>>
I haven't found an official time for the outgoing GTS but the new GTS is only 14 seconds quicker than the 991.1 S w/400 hp versus 420 in the 991.1 GTS. So that article doesn't really add up. 30 hp isn't going to get you 16 seconds. In the real world, the only thing more power gives you is less time on the gas. If you like to hear the motor sing, you should be looking for less performance so you can actually get your foot into the throttle a bit without overly risking losing your license. Car performance is becoming ridiculous. You'll spend the majority of the time at a very low rpm producing very little hp. Else you drive around in 3rd gear everywhere you go just to have some power on tap and to be able to hear the motor a bit. I learned a long time ago that less power is more rewarding and more fun. Power is a good thing, but there's a balance to be had.

I'd venture to say that rear wheel steering has a lot to do with the new gap, which is probably more realistically about 8 to 10 seconds, which is still quite a lot. Eventually Porsche will flip the motor and gearbox around and the 911 will be reborn. They've done it will their 991 RSR and it's made a huge difference.

Last edited by Steve997S; 09-30-2017 at 01:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.